PDA

View Full Version : Just got home from first XC

Martin Blair
07-12-2003, 03:47 PM
Well i just got home bout 2 hours go from the tebbets, MO Hare Scramble I finished which ws my goal, it was 3 lap 9 mile race it took me 2 hours, 1 min, and 48 seconds. I was 30 some mintues behind the leader. I got 62 out of 89 overall and 7th out of the 23 in begineer calss, i was the youngest out there at 15.

I learned a few things I NEED skids i renforce my stock one the bike isnt damage but theres nothing left of the stock skid and i took it slow over rockie parts becaus ei didnt ahve chassis skid i will be buyign both of those shortly. I will also be getitgn a twist throtle You also need soemthing much better then stock shocks im saving up for some TCS with comp adjust. Rezzys. also you need a STOCK snorkle i got water in the airbox and the bike was cutting out the 3rd lap :mad:

Also Tis pissed me off i put my camelbkc on but it donest ahve a chest strap so it was falling off the whole time i was messing with it, if my bike wasnt cutting otu adn the camelback wasnt sliding down i think i would have done better.

Was anyone else there today?

I saw a ton of 400s with pipes and shocks, shocks make all the differenc ein the woods

toby400ex
07-12-2003, 06:38 PM
good job, what class were you in?

SGA
07-12-2003, 06:48 PM
Good job!

310Rduner
07-12-2003, 06:57 PM
see if ya cant pick up some small sponsors.. may help pay for stuff you will be most likely to scratch up and tear up in a harescramble.

Iver never raced harescramble, but i can imagine in the wear it put on your frames and stuff..

Good job on your first race:)

Martin Blair
07-13-2003, 08:06 AM
i just raced begineer, yeah i thought i bent the front end up prety bad but after i washed her i took a look at everythign and it seems fine, i was trying to make a pass on the first lap i was going to pass him ( some guy on a warrio ) on the outside but he slide and pusshed me into a tree i almost went over the bars.

There was another place that had a mud hole that was only 1 rut from dirtbikes and i got the rears caught in it and was goign sideways for 15 20 feet i thoguth i was goign to flip