PDA

View Full Version : ??'s on oil and gas overflow

nismo
07-12-2003, 02:09 PM
On a 250x do you check the oil while it is warm or cold? (i was thinking if you check the oil while it is warm and filled it up then when it is cold the oil level on the dip stick would be really high above the full mark):confused: :huh now for the over flow on the carb while in a wheelie gas comes out is that normal? what if a lot of gas comes out? is there some way to make or buy something that attaches to the hose to save the gas(into a contaner)?
thank you, i am thinking to much today (stupid questions if u think they r, still need answers for stupid people if u think i am)

4TraxRider
07-12-2003, 03:40 PM
It doesn't really matter when you check the oil, as long as it has been sitting for a few minutes, so all the oil setles, and it is normal for gas to pour out of the breathers a little when wheelying(sp?) You could try to rig something up to catch it, but I wouldn't, and it really wont help much. IMO more trouble than its worth.

07-13-2003, 03:34 AM
check the oil after the quad has been started and idled for 5 minutes. Its normal for gas to come out and not worth it to try and save the little amount that comes out.

nismo
07-13-2003, 03:43 AM
ok then there must be something wrong with my carb b/c there is a lot of gas coming out