PDA

View Full Version : Can't seem to give 250R's away?

infantry317
07-12-2003, 11:59 AM
Man you're seeing some awesome 250r's that guys just can't sell anywhere close to what they would seem to be worth. What does everyone think. I'll use Spongebob's awesome 250R as the top example.

310Rduner
07-12-2003, 01:21 PM
yeah, almost makes me want to try and sell mine, buy one off ebay or on here from back east.. you guys back east hardly can give away the race bikes.. i know here a stock one with a fresh top end grabs at least 4500, and it mostly likely is near stock with pipe and a port maybe..

i could prolly sell mine for 6 here.. everthings stock but near the entire engine, the plastics and the pipe and such.. lol

But, im going to stick it through with mine.. i like the cylinder and the engine too much..

Narly R
07-12-2003, 02:54 PM
Unfortuanly everyone gets a god price for tere rs around here! I dont like it cause I would like to get a nother one sometimes, but Im shure I can get a reasonably price for mine if Iw as to sell it.:ermm: Just depends on the economy i guess.:confused:

CHAUNCY
07-12-2003, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by 310Rduner
yeah, almost makes me want to try and sell mine, buy one off ebay or on here from back east.. you guys back east hardly can give away the race bikes.. i know here a stock one with a fresh top end grabs at least 4500, and it mostly likely is near stock with pipe and a port maybe..

i could prolly sell mine for 6 here.. everthings stock but near the entire engine, the plastics and the pipe and such.. lol

But, im going to stick it through with mine.. i like the cylinder and the engine too much..

Yeah R's are crazy priced here compared to back east. How much you think I could get for mine when it is done. It will have fully polished motor, powdered everything and polished everything. Fmf pipe and silencer, 269cc's, all maier white plastic and blue and black seat cover,also a lonestar or durablue axle. What you think ? I figured around 4000-4500 ??? New top end, seals and bearings.

250x#93
07-12-2003, 04:22 PM
Hey if anyones givin them away, I'll gladly take one;) :cool:

infantry317
07-12-2003, 04:36 PM
Just look how they are sitting on the forums, on ebay the're not getting their reserves and having to relist them.

crazybuffalo
07-12-2003, 05:02 PM
Hey if anyones givin them away, I'll gladly take one same here

310Rduner
07-12-2003, 05:07 PM
chauncy you could probably get 4500 or more if you marketed it right and found someone who hasnt learned how cheap they are back east yet.. i paid 4400 for mine, and only stuff it had was the brand new esr 310 cylinder, with like 1 hour on it, and every single seal, and brand new clutch plates and basket, hinson and esr stuff throughout. plus new tags, some haulers. and a bills pipe. plus some other replacements he had into it.. the whole bike was ridden like a ***** i think. Guy i bought it from had garaged it for 2 years, and before that it was an oregon duner. i have his original receipt, and when He bought it, it had a brand new hinson which he replaced again, and new bushings and bearings, and the fullbore. I think they both rode the bike like pussies because all of the stock chassis parts are so new, like all the steering stem, swinger, everything was near brand new with fresh pc.

he had it listed for 5, but i talked him to almost 4300.. :p

a steal when the average R, that is dirtier, more of a STOCK engine throughout, hasnt been replaced was going for 5600 at some shops lmao.

Are you in Cali too?? i know in Northern cali here, like san jose and santa clara they go for an arm and a leg.

I could hardly find any R's here within 2 hours of me that were listed for less than 4100...

Martin Blair
07-12-2003, 05:20 PM
its because to many people are sellign them

310Rduner
07-12-2003, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by HN400exracer

no..

toby400ex
07-12-2003, 06:44 PM
makes sense to me

Narly R
07-12-2003, 06:57 PM
Well that could have a little to do with it, but like theres quite a few in my area and there all prtty good priced. Well in my opinion WAY to high!:p But I looked in cycle trader and there was a pretty much stock bike for like 3800 or so. I got mine for 3, ok deal, kinda got jipped though! If I WAS smart when i look at it I would have seen a bent axel, and shot rear-end!:mad: Dang i could have talked the guy down a lot! O-well shes SWEET now!

From what i have in my sig i think I could get about maybe 6 for mine. its a 350 all new bearings,axel,plastic,seat cover,bars,carb,pipe,carrier bearing,Elka LT shocks front and rear, Lone star 3/+1 arms kill switch ac nerfs, bumper grab bar...... it goes on but I have about 10-11 grand into it, so 6 would be a reasonable price you think?:confused:

the price for bikes also depends on the economy, the price for bikes over here has goin up a little from last year i think, acually theers prolly just a lot of new peeps into the sport and buy crap exspensive! Theres quite a few people around here that dont know a axel from a a-arm!:confused2

310Rduner
07-12-2003, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by Narly R
Well that could have a little to do with it, but like theres quite a few in my area and there all prtty good priced. Well in my opinion WAY to high!:p But I looked in cycle trader and there was a pretty much stock bike for like 3800 or so. I got mine for 3, ok deal, kinda got jipped though! If I WAS smart when i look at it I would have seen a bent axel, and shot rear-end!:mad: Dang i could have talked the guy down a lot! O-well shes SWEET now!

From what i have in my sig i think I could get about maybe 6 for mine. its a 350 all new bearings,axel,plastic,seat cover,bars,carb,pipe,carrier bearing,Elka LT shocks front and rear, Lone star 3/+1 arms kill switch ac nerfs, bumper grab bar...... it goes on but I have about 10-11 grand into it, so 6 would be a reasonable price you think?:confused:

the price for bikes also depends on the economy, the price for bikes over here has goin up a little from last year i think, acually theers prolly just a lot of new peeps into the sport and buy crap exspensive! Theres quite a few people around here that dont know a axel from a a-arm!:confused2

here on the west coast you could prolly get 6 for it.. back east you'd prolly be lucky to get 5.. so see how cheap those race bikes are going for?:eek:

jcv400ex
07-12-2003, 07:50 PM
250r's are on the out. ....damn, them things didin't cost even CLOSE to new what they're going for now......they WAY overated.......:rolleyes:

310Rduner
07-12-2003, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by jcv400ex
250r's are on the out. ....damn, them things didin't cost even CLOSE to new what they're going for now......they WAY overated.......:rolleyes:

:eek: :grr: :mad:

D-4our
07-12-2003, 08:18 PM

first you diss the bomb-squad, now yur dissn r's, dem are all fightin words buddy, but hey its all in good fun.

07-13-2003, 12:36 AM
you know nothing!!

07-13-2003, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by infantry317
Just look how they are sitting on the forums, on ebay the're not getting their reserves and having to relist them.
I see the same ...with others quads for sale ;)

07-13-2003, 12:38 AM
its because the KIDS here aint got no CASH!!:o

07-13-2003, 12:39 AM
:eek: good one 310:blah:

Sparks425Ex
07-13-2003, 01:01 AM
That is because no one wants to pay 6-7 grand for an R when they can go and build a CRF/YZF for 2 -3 grand more or just wait for the new Quads to come out.

I say if ya want them sold bad enough drop the price. There are still die hard R guys out there that want them...

07-13-2003, 01:09 AM
:rolleyes:
I just sold one for almost 4K,..
then all the cheapo's who wanted it for less were like I got the money NOW!!....too many cheapo's

Sparks425Ex
07-13-2003, 01:48 AM
Yeah there are to many Cheapos I agree but they are the ones the decide what you get outta your stuff.

"Something is only worth what somone will pay for it."

So those cheapos get it the way they like it most the time.

Damn Cheapos:mad:

jaspurx
07-13-2003, 02:38 AM
i`m still planning on buying an r mext. the only way that could change is if honda builds a good 450. if they make a reworked crf or ex type quad i`m getting an r ! i want something that will wake up when i mod it ! but i`ll still keep my ex. but next will be something that really runs , or i can make it really run.

CBW
07-13-2003, 03:09 AM

LMFAO !!!!!!!:eek: :D "....I see dumb people...."

That was the most perfect response i have ever read.........:macho

250x#93
07-13-2003, 03:43 AM
Originally posted by "2-R's Rider"
its because the KIDS here aint got no CASH!!:o

Yup we don't got no money:o :(

R-Crazy
07-13-2003, 03:49 AM
I just picked mine up about 3 months ago for 5 grand with the mods in my sig. I think it was worth it, but as i did the rebuild, i found some things that if i saw earlier, i could have made him drop the price a little more. O well, i just need to get her to spark:mad: and then i can ride her.

dave

07-13-2003, 04:17 AM
Originally posted by Sparks425Ex
Yeah there are to many Cheapos I agree but they are the ones the decide what you get outta your stuff.

"Something is only worth what somone will pay for it."

So those cheapos get it the way they like it most the time.

Damn Cheapos:mad:
well if you are the seller ..its up to you whether or not to take the lousy offers..

07-13-2003, 04:18 AM
Originally posted by 250x#93
Yup we don't got no money:o :(
that will never be the sellers problem:devil:

honda350r
07-13-2003, 07:36 AM
Sorry to tell you guys...250Rs peaked about 1.5 yrs ago! The new guads from the factory are making the old R obsolete! That New Yamaha just kicked the value of the 250R down at least a grand!!

I have a brand new all honda parts 89 with over 10,000.00 in it and I can't even get 7,000.00!

Honda is pissing me off and If they come out with someithing stupid like a 650ex I am buying a Yamaha YFZ 450....

Chef
07-13-2003, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by "2-R's Rider"
you know nothing!!

For once Dave, I agree. I truly agree. Stupid people are uh....stupid.:o

310Rduner
07-13-2003, 05:55 PM
I'm still so addicted to my R.. i dont think theres a quad out that could make me switch.. i just love the power, the FEEL.. theres nothing to replace it, no matter what they build.

And you can't beat the feeling of nastalgia.. no matter what comes out, the R will still be the one to keep everyones awe.. i just love seeing people who haven't experienced one yet.. they just have that kinda longing in their eye.. lol:(

Plus i couldn't get the money i wanted out of it anyways.. maybe here, but it would take ALOT of money to get me to sell.. and i would only buy an R that was in even better value than mine, such as having all aftermarket chassis.. but then again its stuff i would replace anyways, to make it how I WANTED IT...

That will happen with any bike tho.. i fail to see the point in some people selling one, only to turn around and buy another kinda.. It's like.. why?? your going to replace it all anyways till its YOUR bike..

And i kinda say F*ck the people that are all up on the new bikes, and turn around to dis on R's.. they have no knowledge of what they are talking about, or what the 250R is even about..:rolleyes:

I could see owning other new bikes, but it would still never be enough to make me leave my r.. she's my girl...haha

Thanks for the positive reply's to my comment :blah:

yellowex01
07-14-2003, 01:57 AM
Kinda partial to them myself..