PDA

View Full Version : Backflip WILL be in Huevos 6

310Rduner
07-11-2003, 08:29 PM
Hey, i was talking to Jon just now on aim, and when i asked him he said for a FACT that the backflip WILL be in Huevos 6.
I asked him if it had been done, or if it was yet to be done and he said he couldn't say, but it will be in it.

He wouldn't give names on who would be doing it, but he said i May be talking to the person who will or has done it, but he said that much was still a secret.

I know he has hinted to this in previous posts, but he said to go ahead and repost it separate for it to be seen.

I'm trying to convince them to come down to Pismo for some dune footage since he says they haven't filmed any sand yet. I told him the weather is perfect down here, and he said he'd see if they couldn't come down here after they are done in Hawaii, and i made sure he'd let me know when lol:D

Hopefully they don't come down til august or maybe late september so i have a chance at having the axis and arms on my bike back then, i need to work on some skills in case they come and i have a chance at getting filmed, or having like a brief shot in it... that would be SICK!!!:eek2: :devil: :devil:

Ahhhh.. now im not going to think of anything but hopefully riding with them if they come.

Jon.. if you guys come down.. theres no way im not riding with you guys... just prepare for that lol.:)

Juggalo
07-11-2003, 08:42 PM
don't listen to jon. hes just talkin out his *** :huh

Tommy 17
07-12-2003, 02:54 AM
i don't doubt that jon can do it... i mean landin that steralizer (feet over the headlights) of that big jump was crazy enouf haha...

jon and them def have the talent and the ballz to do it...

roostin_dale
07-12-2003, 03:50 AM
:eek2:I hope to see it!! It will be sweet if someone does. I'm just trying to figure out who it will be!!

Woodsrider
07-12-2003, 04:07 AM
:rolleyes: I knew this back in May and nobody listened. :(

07-12-2003, 04:29 AM
more MX less dunes in huevos 6. And tell wes to make a soundtrack to buy for all the huevos'

07-12-2003, 04:29 AM
yea..:tired:

400exrules
07-12-2003, 04:46 AM
i wanna hear less music and more engines

canadian400ex
07-12-2003, 04:56 AM
I agree with 400exRules.."less music, more engines" but I also enjoy the music.
I think the way to get the best of both worlds (Music and engines) would be to offer an un-censored, music-free version of the whole vid on the dvd version. I would love to hear the quads rippin' it up, also it would be great to hear what these nuts are talking about when there doing this crazy stuff. JMO, Later.

CAMPRO
07-12-2003, 04:57 AM
I've been waiting for a screwball to nut up and try the flip on a quad. Can't wait to see it on film! I was kinda hoping that someone from the CVB crew would be the first, but they still don't have a ramp built yet:grr:

Narly R
07-12-2003, 06:21 AM
I cant wait to see it!:D I wounder how many heuvos there going to make!?...... one every year till infinedy?:ermm:

200 years from now.....

HUEVOS 206!!!!!!!!!!!! Dana Creech's kid's kid's kid's kid's kid's KID, does an quad-triple holyman backflip!:eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

:huh

TeamC&GRacer
07-12-2003, 07:31 AM
you cant hear any engines, necause they use a special kind of camera which only records the video and no audio, something about better quality of the film if they dont use sound, so you wont be hearing any sound in h6... and with the backflip...i know my boy jon will pull it off

QuadTrix6
07-12-2003, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by TeamC&GRacer
you cant hear any engines, necause they use a special kind of camera which only records the video and no audio, something about better quality of the film if they dont use sound, so you wont be hearing any sound in h6... and with the backflip...i know my boy jon will pull it off

some parts of the movies you can hear both, like the section with the nut on the three wheeler and all the extra filmin on the DVD

QuadTrix6
07-12-2003, 07:39 AM
and...NO DUNES they may be fun to ride but not to watch:ermm:

MILF_HUNTER
07-12-2003, 07:48 AM
its like this. when a film maker films with 16 mm film it only records images not sound. the sections were you hear sound in the movie is recored with video. get it. film no sound, video sound. a film maker isnt going to waste film filming some small part so he or she uses video. 16mm film and camera equipment isnt cheap so they dont want to waist it. to get sound on a 16mm film you need a sound recording system wich is also expensive. i hear there still working on that money tree...

Narly R
07-12-2003, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by QuadTrix6

Well personally I thought the "Dunes" in H5 sucked!!!!! But like the other dune shots in the other videos was sweet! They just need to make them more like H1,H2,H3,H4 (the dunes):ermm: I want to see some good dune shots.

Wired
07-12-2003, 08:36 AM
:scary:

Chef
07-12-2003, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by Narly R
Well personally I thought the "Dunes" in H5 sucked!!!!! But like the other dune shots in the other videos was sweet! They just need to make them more like H1,H2,H3,H4 (the dunes):ermm: I want to see some good dune shots.

I think they oughta bring theirselves back up to our dunes...the real dunes. :D

MILF_HUNTER
07-12-2003, 08:47 AM
dunes can be great to watch ive only seen H3,4,5 but the dunes in H3 were good. look at the fleshwound films dunes that they do. they are awsome to watch big airs and good wipe outs. i agree riding around the sand like a nancy is boring to watch. air it out. lol

roostin_dale
07-12-2003, 08:48 AM
The dunes in H4 were pretty good....but the ones in H5 were VERY bad! Just showed them throwing some roost at the lip of the dunes!

Narly R
07-12-2003, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by Chef
I think they oughta bring theirselves back up to our dunes...the real dunes. :D

ya like in H3! *hint hint* man our dunes are soo good..... *hint hint* I here there just WAITING for you guys to bust out on them, Ill give you guys a tour of the oregon dunes if ya come.....:bandit:

Chef
07-12-2003, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by Narly R
ya like in H3! *hint hint* man our dunes are soo good..... *hint hint* I here there just WAITING for you guys to bust out on them, Ill give you guys a tour of the oregon dunes if ya come.....:bandit:

I'll help! :D :cool:

EXracer8604
07-12-2003, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by QuadTrix6

thats the way i feel about mx, but you dont see me crying about it :scary:

JATV250
07-12-2003, 09:53 AM
that would be awesome to see if somebody pulls a backflip off. i just don't see how it's possible but it would be great.

400exBro
07-12-2003, 10:25 AM
More freestyle and MX racing and some stupid stuff that will make you luagh... i like to see some dune riding like in H3 but not to much.... Wes has actually did a great job on H5 becuase of all the freestyle and stuff...
i would a lso like to see a close up of all the pros bikes in bouns meterail...

exriderdude
07-12-2003, 11:42 AM
MORE GNC!!!!! AND MORE STUFF WITH THE PROS!!!!!

THE FREESTYLE IS FREAKIN BORING, HOW MANY TIMES DO YOU HAVE TO SEE SOMEONE DO A CAN-CAN OR HEELCLICKER. ITS COOL AND STUFF BUT ITS JUST BORING SEEING THE SAME OLD STUFF.

310Rduner
07-12-2003, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Chef
I'll help! :D :cool:

you dont want to hang with these guys Jon, come down to pismo, you want to watch out for donnie.....

Got Huevos?
07-12-2003, 12:13 PM
the dunes sucked in H5. they need to go to the dunes and take it back to like the movies like Sand Storm where they actually did somthing in the dunes except for hit a couple lips climb some hills and roost. in Sand Storm they get pretty high in the air.

JLanphear
07-12-2003, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by CAMPRO
I've been waiting for a screwball to nut up and try the flip on a quad. Can't wait to see it on film! I was kinda hoping that someone from the CVB crew would be the first, but they still don't have a ramp built yet:grr:

Funds my man, Funds.....But, even if we had the regular ramp built, I doubt a quad backflip could be pulled off on one....but what do I know :confused: .

Anyway, when it comes to backflips, yer gonna have to talk to your pal Rizza.....

-Josh

Narly R
07-12-2003, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by 310Rduner
you dont want to hang with these guys Jon, come down to pismo, you want to watch out for donnie.....

WHAT?! Look at our dunes and US! I mean were OVIOUSLY the "cool" people to hang out with!:p I heard they give away free beer at the dunes in oregon!:D

micah
07-12-2003, 12:48 PM
I dont see what the big deal aobut doing a backflip is.... I have seen a snowmobile do a backflip. If a snowmobile can do a backflip I would definately think that a quad could.

310Rduner
07-12-2003, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by micah
I dont see what the big deal aobut doing a backflip is.... I have seen a snowmobile do a backflip. If a snowmobile can do a backflip I would definately think that a quad could.

i would think so to right? with all that weight?

But i guess the snowmobile has ALOT more rotating mass on the rear end with that track, helps weigh down the rear, and spin it over..

Nah.. us Pismo guys know what were doing...:o

Sides i asked FIRST!!! lmao.. nah.. we should get him to stop by both places..:muscle:

show us doing the cool stuff.. and we can watch you guys crashing.. there we go.

j/p

speedy400
07-12-2003, 02:48 PM
that-a-way to step it up guys, Huevos rocks

07-12-2003, 03:46 PM
no sounds only a few clips of pro races, all fmx and cool riding spots....thats were its at, most of the racers are pretty boring and old...if u wanna see races watch extreme atv gay or something, racing isnt going anywhere and why should it drag fmx down with it...keep it seperate....

only thing i gotta say is get some more riders, more locations more crazy ****tt

4wheelboy
07-12-2003, 03:54 PM
yeaa a backflip would be crazi :devil: i defintly will be buying this h6

hessianmx111
07-12-2003, 04:13 PM
if you look at shift_dvs's avatar it appears to be somebody flipping into a body of water. i say water because they dont have mx boots on

D-4our
07-12-2003, 06:46 PM
seriously jon, if you ever head up here to pismo ya gotta give me a heads up. Im still pissed i missed the last film shoot over here.

exriderdude
07-12-2003, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by hessianmx111
if you look at shift_dvs's avatar it appears to be somebody flipping into a body of water. i say water because they dont have mx boots on

hey i noticed that too, i think he is just hinting at it, hes not really telling us.... you know what i mean;)

Yee-Haw_400EX
07-12-2003, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by QuadMX18
more MX less dunes in huevos 6. And tell wes to make a soundtrack to buy for all the huevos'

MORE DUNES, LESS MX.............NO CRAPPY MUSIC..............ALL ENGINES!:mad: :mad: :mad: :grr: :grr: :grr:

310Rduner
07-12-2003, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by Yee-Haw_400EX

MORE DUNES, LESS MX.............NO CRAPPY MUSIC..............ALL ENGINES![

I'd like to see some more dunes as well.. but you can count out the engines. it would be great as an Extra feature on a dvd, like hit this to hear the engines..

BUT.. it has already been gone over in this thread and countless others. the limitations of 16mm film do not allow for sound capture without more expensive equipment,, do you want to pay for the equipment?

I thought not.. the only reason there is any sound at all in some cases is because it is not filmed on 16mm film, its instead shot with a video camera.. and you can DEFFINATELY notice the difference in video quality.. id rather awesome footage on 16mm film with a rocking soundtrack versus crappy video with some sound..

Notice that none of the other movies have engine sound either? Ever watch crusty's??

Be happy we have someone as great as Wes out there making these films for us..

Wes.. you rock dude, keep up the good work.:macho

jcv400ex
07-12-2003, 07:55 PM
Yeah, I don't give a rats ***......all the "bomb boys" talk out their ***....."I know something, but I can' say chit"....:rolleyes: They're old news.....CVBoyz are on the rise......the new revolution......Wes doesn't know what he's missing........................................... ........

310Rduner
07-12-2003, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by jcv400ex
Yeah, I don't give a rats ***......all the "bomb boys" talk out their ***....."I know something, but I can' say chit"....:rolleyes: They're old news.....CVBoyz are on the rise......the new revolution......Wes doesn't know what he's missing........................................... ........ :uhoh:

jcv400ex
07-12-2003, 08:04 PM
Oh, it's true........

D-4our
07-12-2003, 08:13 PM
cvboyz may be the "new revolution" but the bombsquad will always be the "leaders of the revoultion"

310Rduner
07-12-2003, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by D-4our
cvboyz may be the "new revolution" but the bombsquad will always be the "leaders of the revoultion"
;)

07-13-2003, 04:15 AM
Yeah, I don't give a rats ***......all the "bomb boys" talk out their ***....."I know something, but I can' say chit"....:rolleyes: They're old news.....CVBoyz are on the rise......the new revolution......Wes doesn't know what he's missing........................................... ........

i hope your joking lol

Tommy 17
07-13-2003, 04:44 AM
the cvboyz are good dont get me wrong but they dont' even compare or should even be compared to the bomb squad... the bomb squad is out there jumpin 90ft+ doubles doin crazy *** tricks that most of us can't do on the ground... look at the pics of jon and all them last year at the kentucky freestyle... they are 30ft up in the air... to me thats way better then pullin a wheelie on the ground;)

yes the cvboyz are good at what they do but basically ANYONE can learn to do that... all it takes is enouf of ur time to get ur balance... now what jon and them at the bomb squad do is outta just about 99.99% of people in the worlds league... u can't just learn that kinda stuff its raw talent... the cvboyz are good but anyone can do it if they want 2...

Ralph
07-13-2003, 04:46 AM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
the cvboyz are good dont get me wrong but they dont' even compare or should even be compared to the bomb squad... the bomb squad is out there jumpin 90ft+ doubles doin crazy *** tricks that most of us can't do on the ground... look at the pics of jon and all them last year at the kentucky freestyle... they are 30ft up in the air... to me thats way better then pullin a wheelie on the ground;)

yes the cvboyz are good at what they do but basically ANYONE can learn to do that... all it takes is enouf of ur time to get ur balance... now what jon and them at the bomb squad do is outta just about 99.99% of people in the worlds league... u can't just learn that kinda stuff its raw talent... the cvboyz are good but anyone can do it if they want 2...

i agree, all u do is wheelys, still good, but no offense i bet you guys couldnt eaven jump the jumps the bomb squad jumps without doint a trick none the less a back flip...

Wired
07-13-2003, 05:19 AM

:muscle:

Ralph
07-13-2003, 05:27 AM
wes is missing a bunch of wheelies, are u guys serious u guys think u are that good? THEY ARE WHEELIES, lmfao. this is sad...

JLanphear
07-13-2003, 05:50 AM
Thanks for the comments, good or bad.

Now, just so everybody is clear, nobody a part of or associated with the CVBOYZ made any claims as for what we can do, or how good we may think we are.

It appears as though a couple of the comments are directed towards us about something that was said by other people like "i agree, all u do is wheelys, still good, but no offense i bet you guys couldnt eaven jump the jumps the bomb squad jumps without doint a trick none the less a back flip...".

Nobody from our crew said that we could do that, and nobody from our crew said that we are better than the bomb squad. In fact, if you have ever read any of my posts regarding the topic, or anybody elses from our crew you would see me saying that we are just a bunch of local guys doing what we do and having fun. If people like it, that's great, if people don't that's fine too because we know that different people like different things.

I have nothing but respect for the bomb squad, and my personal opinion is that they are in fact out of our league....For one thing, you are not really comparing apples to apples because what we do is not really anything like they do. Anyway, when I say "out of our league" it has to do with a lot of things. Even if we took "skill" out of the picture they would be out of our league. Wes Miller has a huge thing going and what do we have??? At this point only a website with a few pics and video clips.

Okay, now I just got done reading another comment...

"wes is missing a bunch of wheelies, are u guys serious u guys think u are that good? THEY ARE WHEELIES, lmfao. this is sad..."

Dude, I can take criticism, but to be honest it kinda hurts to read that. If we deserved it than yes, but I don't know when we ever claimed to have anything on Wes?????? Please do a search for any previous posts I have made and you will see nothing but respect coming from me. Nothing that was said in favor of the CVBOYZ were said by any of our crew!!! The comments are coming from other members here with unbiased opinions. I appreciate all of those comments very much, but it doesn't represent the way that we feel.

It's deff. very cool to hear somebody like jcv400ex express such a high opinion of us....actually it's not just cool, it's off the map...never thought I'd hear anything like that.

As for skills...I dunno....One thing I do wanna say is that yes, what we do can be learned, but despite what you say so can the stuff in the air. I'm not saying it's easy at all, and I'm not saying that I could do it, or that I ever will be doing it. The only thing natural about any of this stuff is the fact that the guys doing it have very big SACKS. If you have large enough eggs to jump a 90ft double, then the rest of it progresses from there. These guys learn new things...it's not all raw talent.

As for us jumping...we have no jump right now, and no place to put one if we did, BUT that should change soon. I can tell you that one of the guys from our crew has hit everything put in front of him on a track....does that mean a 90ft double? No, but maybe eventually. I'm not saying that we will ever have anything on any of these guys in the air, but we do have the intentions of doing our best and hopefully it will be something worth watching.

Thanks for reading....I could probably ramble on all day about this.

-Josh

jcv400ex
07-13-2003, 06:12 AM
LoL, yeah I was just stirring things up. I love what Wes is doing and the whole Huevos thing. And CVBoyz are cool. I like the ground freestyle.

But I still don't like the fact they post....I KNOW SOMETHING YOU DON'T AND I"M NOT TELLING YOU!!!! BUT IT"S GOING TO BE GOOD!!!!!

But, it's all good. Reminds me of the new Honda stuff, that's all.;)

crap-banshee32
07-13-2003, 06:13 AM
I'll be in huevos 6!!:huh

Ralph
07-13-2003, 06:21 AM
i wasthing some of those comments were coming from your people...

4wheelboy
07-13-2003, 07:12 AM
dammmmmmmm cant we all just get along?:blah:

JLanphear
07-13-2003, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Ralph
i wasthing some of those comments were coming from your people...

Naw man...never happen. We'd never diss anybody....

Flyin#3-1/2
07-13-2003, 03:07 PM
yo jon stop by us in wisconsin!! you can get some footage of me wiping out on my banshee doing a nac-nac. i don't care if it hurt a lot, i'll do it over again and i'll wipe out however many times, just as long as it's in huevos:D ...and if you let me ride your quad:devil:

-neal

07-13-2003, 03:25 PM
If you have large enough eggs to jump a 90ft double, then the rest of it progresses from there. These guys learn new things...it's not all raw talent.

nope,its raw talent, the average mx racer can go and be fast but there not all comfortable in the air and it takes alot of talent to know what your doin in the air

Chef
07-13-2003, 03:32 PM
The jumping of the 90ft doubles comes from talent, a huge amount of guts, and EXPERIENCE. You think the first jumps these guys ever hit were big? No, I doubt it. They probably started out jumping like regular people, liked it, and got real good at it.

JLanphear
07-13-2003, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by freeride132
nope,its raw talent, the average mx racer can go and be fast but there not all comfortable in the air and it takes alot of talent to know what your doin in the air

I'm not saying that no talent is involved, but I don't know that it is something that you are born with. I think most anybody "could" jump a 90ft jump...in fact, I know anybody could...not saying they could land it, but if they had the nads to practice that stuff they'd get it.

Agh...i'm not even gonna try to explain what I mean cause whatever I write doesn't make sense...lol. I believe that even I could even go big with enough practice/training.

Nothing I say makes sense....I should just stop
:confused: :D

07-13-2003, 03:39 PM
you jump a 90 ft jump once and totally **** yourself up your not gonna do it again if u do your like seth, he has no natural talent but had balls and eventually got it down, then look at metz and some other guys or dayne kinnaird he learns tricks in 20 minutes, i cant even take a **** in 20 minutes

Chef
07-13-2003, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by freeride132
, then look at metz and some other guys or dayne kinnaird he learns tricks in 20 minutes, i cant even take a **** in 20 minutes

LMFAO! :macho :eek: :macho

MojaveKing
07-13-2003, 03:58 PM
..i know my boy jon will pull it off

ya i think jon could really do it....i would like to have him be the 1st one!!....that be sweet.......
as for the CVboys....man....u guys are SWeet!!! man i love Ground Tricks....i do them to and jump....but u guys are good....i think u guys should be in Huevos...

exriderdude
07-13-2003, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by MojaveKing
i think u guys should be in Huevos...

hey.... theres an idea:cool: ;)

TC17
07-13-2003, 04:04 PM
the backflip would make you gotta see this, 54321, and all the big extreme sports channels. it might even make national news:cool:. if it did happen, a lot of things would be effected by it. it'd be all over TV, in movies, quad riding would get more popular, and i'd be done in competions and stuff.

JLanphear
07-13-2003, 04:06 PM
Haha...thanks guys...I think that Idea has come up a couple of times....Don't see it happening though.

Appreciate the comments either way!!!

-Josh

Quad18star
07-14-2003, 04:44 PM
If anyone has seen the MX movie called Global Addiction , you'll see that a backflip has already been pulled off on a quad . Some dude pulled it off on a little mini ATV , off of a skateboard ramp , into a thing of foam squares . LOL . He prolly would have landed it also if it was a nice landing . But it looks like someone has already beat Jon to the backflip . hahahaha.

JLanphear
07-14-2003, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
If anyone has seen the MX movie called Global Addiction , you'll see that a backflip has already been pulled off on a quad . Some dude pulled it off on a little mini ATV , off of a skateboard ramp , into a thing of foam squares . LOL . He prolly would have landed it also if it was a nice landing . But it looks like someone has already beat Jon to the backflip . hahahaha.

In an X Games interview they said Pastrana did it on a little quad while practicing for the real flip on a dirtbike. Maybe that was him in the vid you saw?

-Josh

TC17
07-14-2003, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star

worried me for a sec when until you said foam blocks. he didn't "land" it then. but with NO power to push the quad backwards it shouldn't be TOO hard to get it over then again they weigh 3 times as much.

hessianmx111
07-14-2003, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by JLanphear
In an X Games interview they said Pastrana did it on a little quad while practicing for the real flip on a dirtbike. Maybe that was him in the vid you saw?

-Josh
yeah that was travis pastrana. he is one of the stars of global addiction too.

JLanphear
07-14-2003, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by hessianmx111
yeah that was travis pastrana. he is one of the stars of global addiction too.

Haha...i gotta get up to date on this stuff

Quad18star
07-14-2003, 05:06 PM
I never took a really good look at who the rider was . I just catch a glimps every once and a while while working . He pulled it off pretty good though , even though it was on a mini . Pastrana's jump into the Grand Canyon was just plain nuts too . Backflip into a heal clicker . Just plain INSANE .