PDA

View Full Version : Why does Durablue suck? Is +2 good?

Bender
07-11-2003, 06:31 PM
Just wondering, I see that alot of people here don't think much of them. I've been out of the scene for a few years. Back in the day when I raced my R, durablue was the axle of choice. I feel I need to get an exra 2inchs out back. Sould I get an extended axle, or just buy spacers?

310Rduner
07-11-2003, 07:17 PM
Most people end up reffering to durablue as Durabreak, durabend or something similiar.

I guess they tend to break and bend alot recently, i know that durablue is hardly seen on any new top dollar bikes, and is the axle on the bottom of almost everyones list.

I would also not get a durablue because of the reputation it has, for a high of $350 you can get a Lonestar racing axle which is considered much higher quality.

All race bikes pretty much run Lsr or Rpm dominator axles.

RiPPiNiTuP7
07-12-2003, 03:11 AM
Durablue shouldn't even be compared to LSR, and RPM. If you want the absolute best axle money can buy, RPM is it. LSR is another very nice axle....its cheaper in price too, but I heard a few cases of those bending on people.

mx400
07-12-2003, 03:19 AM
yea but if they bend on you rip doesnt LSR replace them because all their axles have lifetime warranty? im just askin because i dont know but thats the impression i get

QuadTrix6
07-12-2003, 04:55 AM
Originally posted by mx400
yea but if they bend on you rip doesnt LSR replace them because all their axles have lifetime warranty? im just askin because i dont know but thats the impression i get

Yes they do have a lifetime warranty but i believe its hard to get another axle cause if you bend it they will just straighten it so you gotta snap it, i think thats right :confused:

toomeyshee87
07-12-2003, 04:59 AM
ya i bent my LSR and they straightened it but its perfect so i dont care.:D but if i would have had the money i woulda gotten a RPM dominator 2

JabberJaw
07-12-2003, 05:26 AM
You think you got it rough? How would you like to work for the septic company.. and try to find a work truck that didn't suck!

All septic trucks suck sh**!

crap-banshee32
07-12-2003, 06:02 AM
its a proven fact that burablue are more likely to bend/break/snap than other aftermarket axles suck as lsr/rpm!!

and with the lifetime warranty with durablue if u bend the axle, they bend it back, if u snap it u still have to pay like $130 for a brand new one!!! trust me i know, my best friend went through 2 of them in a week!!! then went to rpm b/c he was sick of durabreak!!

AtvMxRider
07-12-2003, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by QuadTrix6
Yes they do have a lifetime warranty but i believe its hard to get another axle cause if you bend it they will just straighten it so you gotta snap it, i think thats right :confused:

They will straighten it if it's bent within tollerances(sp) if not they will replace it.