PDA

View Full Version : Scalloped Bead locks

RideRed400EX
01-16-2002, 06:38 AM
Has anyone bought the new OMF wheels? I love OMF products and their service is second to none. When I had trouble mounting my skidplates the owner (Tim Orchard) and head fabricator called me with instructions. Any company that puts that much confidence behind their products gets an A-plus in my book...

Dave400ex
01-16-2002, 05:45 PM
They look Sweet. Dirtwheels really liked them. I would rather spend a little extra and get the Carbon Fiber Beadlocks though. I also like the Douglas Billet Beadlocks. The OMF Beadlocks are really cool too though. They would be a good purchase.

RideRed400EX
01-17-2002, 09:59 AM
I like the idea of the beadlock w/ reinforcing ring - pretty trick. The carbon wheels sound good but I'm still having trouble with the idea (aren't wheels supposed to be metal??). I'm ordering the rears for now and if they're good fronts are next.

Dave400ex
01-17-2002, 03:16 PM
Let me know how you like the Rims.

JabberJaw
01-17-2002, 03:26 PM
Scalloped Bead locks?!?!?

I tried this out, but the tires melted in the oven and now my house stinks like Les Schwab! On the up side, Now I don't need to buy those bigger tires I've always been wanting! And, now I understand what it means when people say, "Burn Rubber"...

Thanks for the idea!