PDA

View Full Version : First time cutting fenders...

thejeepdude
07-11-2003, 12:02 PM
Well, I did it. I wasn't sure if I wanted to race-cut my fenders, because I sometimes ride through a lot of mud, and I don't want to constantly get mud/sand/debris flung in my face by the front tires. However, the plastic on my quad is getting tired (faded, cracked) so I figured I'd chop it up and if I don't like it, I'll just leave the new plastic intact. I haven't got a chance to ride at the track yet, but around my backyard it was so weird being able to SEE! I LOVE the fact I can see exactly where my tires are going and what I'm running over!! I will probably go out and hit the trails on Sunday or Monday and see how bad the mud-flingin is, but getting a little extra dirty seems like it will be worth the extra visibility. I'm a little concerned that I will get sandblasted at the dunes, but losing the knobbies and getting some sand tires on the front will probably keep it from throwing as much sand up in my face, I hope. Anyways, here's the pics.... I tried to cut a little wide because it's easier to take more off than to put it back! :p

thejeepdude
07-11-2003, 12:02 PM
Another...

thejeepdude
07-11-2003, 12:04 PM
Oh, by the way, I used a sharpie to draw the line, then just used a jigsaw to cut it out. I followed up with a flat vibrating sander to square up the lines and round off the edges... I'm pretty happy with the results for s first-timer. :)

crap-banshee32
07-11-2003, 12:14 PM
my first time!!!!!!!!!!! i like it alot, i rounded mine more!!!

250exlogan
07-11-2003, 01:04 PM
looks GOOD boys!!!!!
I cut mine at the bend~~:macho :blah:

roostin_dale
07-12-2003, 07:46 AM
both of them looks nice guys! And crap-banshee32 i love those front shox! How much will a set of those run me?

CHAUNCY
07-12-2003, 08:29 AM
Looks good guys:)