PDA

View Full Version : How do you Shave the fenders?

01-15-2002, 09:32 PM
Is there any way I should go about doing this? And what tools should I use to do it with?

Moto92
01-15-2002, 10:43 PM
just mark off where you want to cut with some electrical tape
then used a jig saw with a fine tooth blade to cut along your line
nothing to it really

01-16-2002, 12:09 AM
I used a jigsaw as noted above, as well as a finish sander. I cut wider than my taped line and then sanded down to where I wanted it to end up. I used 80 grit to shape it and cleaned it up with 300. It came out nice, I did mine a little different than most, but I like the look better. Sorry, no pic at this time, but when I get one, I'll post it. Just take your time, use the jigsaw on a low speed to avoid melting the plastic, and spend more time sanding than cutting. Cut rough and wider than your line with the jigsaw, it is much easier and safer to do the shaping with the sander. I spent several hours on mine between working, panic attacks and drinking, and it came out great. You'll do fine.

01-16-2002, 11:14 AM
Sharpe pen, fine hacksaw blade, and a good palm sander with a couple of medium and fine grit papers. medium to shape and fine to smooth it out.

JustRace
01-16-2002, 11:22 AM
Always remember to measure twice and only cut once. Its a lot easier to take more off than it is to add more back on.