PDA

View Full Version : Couple questions about parts/trading.

"BLAHH"300!!
07-11-2003, 08:34 AM
Hello
There's a cycle salvage shop about 30 minute's away.
The owner said he had some of the 350X parts i'm looking for.
I could trade him my stock 300ex
swingrm, rear shock, axel and carrier, for the same parts from a 350X. He also has the carb boot, and a carb, to trade.
Do you guy's think this is a good idea?
I hvn't seen the parts, but lets say everything is in the same condition as mine, would this be a good trade o would i be getting the shaft.?

350X carb?...is this carb better than my stock 300 carb?
i think i heard that the 350X uses a smaller carb..is this true?
should i keep my carb or trade?

350X motor....I didn't ask him about a 350X motor, but if he does have a running motor in stock, would it be wise to trade him streight up for it, considering mine was just rebuilt using hi-perf parts, less than 10 ride's ago.

Swinarm/shock.
..i know that the singarm add's +1.25 in length, but what aout the rear shock. Is it stiffer/softer?...
..After adding the spacer's so that it fits, will this swingarm set up be just as strong as stock?

Ael/carrier..
...My 300ex carrier and axel will work in the 350X swingarm housing right?...so all i really need is a swingarm, and rear shock right?.
..350X axel is 2 inches longer than a stock 300ex axel right?...think it would e better to use a stock 350X axel, or my Durablue axel?

Post any info you have, i'd like to take a ride up there today, just wanna be sure i know what i'm talkin about.
...HOW wide and long, is an ATC250R swingarm?
just out of curiosity..