PDA

View Full Version : another shock ?

spliffy
07-11-2003, 05:22 AM
What would be better.... works triples with comp adjustable or pep limited mass? The price is about the same for either, works are new & the peps are practically new just a couple rides on them. Thanks

Evan400ex
07-11-2003, 05:33 AM
I would go with the Works just because they are "brand" new. I have Works shocks on my 400 and I love it.:devil:

QuadTrix6
07-11-2003, 06:23 AM
IMO theres no such thing as a used shock because every part can be changed out in an aftermarket shock and they can be rebuilt/revalved. theres no question about it go with the PEPs, even if you have to pay to get them revalved, in the long run you will be much happier with the PEPs, no offense to works they make an excellent shock but PEP is PEP ;)

Evan400ex
07-11-2003, 06:58 AM
LOL! How can you say there isn't such thing as a used shock. If it hasn't had a rebuild/revalved then it is "used". Only after you get the rebuild you can call it a "new" shock.

QuadTrix6
07-11-2003, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by Evan400ex
LOL! How can you say there isn't such thing as a used shock. If it hasn't had a rebuild/revalved then it is "used". Only after you get the rebuild you can call it a "new" shock.

My point is that just because a shock is new doesn't mean its any better than a used shock, shocks are not like some other parts in the respect that they can be rebuilt and revalved, and work just as good as a brand new shock. do you get it now ? :rolleyes:

Evan400ex
07-11-2003, 08:23 AM
I see what your saying,... just kinda confused me a little.:huh

4TraxRider
07-12-2003, 05:30 PM
I lie sligtly used shocks better. New shocks have to be broken in before they start working correctly. The oil needs to heat up and cool down a few times.