PDA

View Full Version : Grip Removal

01-15-2002, 08:42 PM
I recently bought a motion pro twist throttle and cant figure out how to get the grip off. The screw on the cap doesnt want to move. It feels like its glued in. Have any of you replaced the grips before? If so any help would be appriciated. Thanks.

01-15-2002, 08:43 PM
i used a knife to get my grips off

01-15-2002, 08:52 PM
Thanks, but what about that cap on the end? Does it screw out? and if so was it a pain in the rear to get it out?

R-Crazy
01-15-2002, 09:52 PM
mine came out with a small amount of elbow grease. but mine was only ridden for about 2 months then. pretty much brand new. if you have and impact wrench, try it, but not to hard, you dont want to bend your handlebars.

dave

Moto92
01-15-2002, 11:38 PM
the only way mine came off was to hold onto the outside with a pair of channel locks, then take out the center screw
other wise the whole thing wanted to turn

mkremer1
02-10-2002, 10:36 PM
If the problem is just removing the grip, use air. Take your air line and blow under the grip, which will expand and slide off the bar. As far as the screw, when removed use neversieze next time. Good luck

R-Crazy
02-11-2002, 07:26 PM
mine came off with a little tug, but it was new then. the impact wrench sould like a good idea with some WD-40. the the wd-40 sit in it for a little while, losen everything up. then just TAP the impact wrench, or make it a good excuse to get new handle bars!:D

dave

R-Crazy
02-11-2002, 07:30 PM
i had some crappy spelling on that one. sorry. lets try it again...

mine came off with a little tug, but it was new then. the impact wrench sounds like a good idea with some WD-40. let the wd-40 sit in it for a little while, losen everything up. then just TAP the impact wrench, or make it a good excuse to get new handle bars! ...

ok, i think everything is good now. sorry.

dave