PDA

View Full Version : A simple hotcams question

DUNEZRUNNER
07-10-2003, 06:33 PM
I have been reading that hotcams had some problems with their cams and now it is fixed, but that there still might be some of the old possibly bad cams out there. I want to buy the stage 2 cam from them, where would be the best and cheapest place to get one of those cams with the new style cast in flange? Any info and help would be appreciated. Thanks

Thomas

Braff1
07-10-2003, 08:20 PM
DUNEZRUNNER

Check with C&D up above. You are not going to beat there prices.

kargaaro
07-11-2003, 01:06 AM
Dennis Kirk!!
$130 shipped

Hotdog
07-11-2003, 04:19 AM
Check out atv addiction. I believe they have them for $109.95

cals400ex
07-12-2003, 07:27 PM
are all of these cheap prices the new hotcams? or are some of these the old hotcams with lower prices?

PHIL_B54
07-13-2003, 03:59 PM
i have a summer bonus comming from work so here's my plan

1) buy hotcam from c&d($126 i think)

2) ask them to buy a new flange($25)and press it for you($???), i bet they would do it. this does a couple things for you, you eliminate the risk of breaking it while pressing it off the old cam and on the new cam, if it is a bad one(which they seem to have fixed the problem) C&D will see its bad and will send a different one to you-saving the time and problems of sending it back

its a couple more dollars but im mechanically challenged and i will break something if given the chance and you will be supporting c&d and our site

my $.02

UglyMotha™
07-13-2003, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by PHIL_B54

2) ask them to buy a new flange($25)and press it for you($???), i bet they would do it. this does a couple things for you, you eliminate the risk of breaking it while pressing it off the old cam and on the new cam, if it is a bad one(which they seem to have fixed the problem) C&D will see its bad and will send a different one to you-saving the time and problems of sending it back

scratch that one you no longer have to press the flange unto the hotcams cause now it come with the flange casted right to the cam and you'll never have to worry bout it coming loose

a1965gt
07-16-2003, 10:51 AM
I just talked to Magic Racing and they told me that the only change to the cam is that the flange is now a part of the cam. There was not a problem with the older style hot cams, just what was stated above, that you had to have your flange pressed off the stock cam then installed on the new cam.

PHIL_B54
07-17-2003, 11:33 AM
when i talked to C&d they still had the old ones, they probibly do have the new ones now, but if they didnt have a new style, that would be my fix