PDA

View Full Version : Contacts...

Fender Bender
07-10-2003, 05:53 PM
I got contacts about 6 month ago, and I was always told by my mom to take them out every night or it would ruin my eyes. My dad and his side of the family told me that it would be fine (my dad who wears contacts for 6 months at a time says its fine) and I figured since he wore them for that long that I would be fine. I have had this particular pair in for about 2 weeks now. Wrong. I woke up this morning with my right eye glued shut with eye boogers, and it burned like fire. I took out my contacts, and it still waters alot. Everyone tells me that I had veins growing into the contact lens, because my eye wasn't getting enough oxygen or something. My eye is still really red and its fuzzy, even with my glasses on. Now all I can do is hope and pray that I don't go blind or something. Well, I guess this was just a heads up to everyone with contacts to take them out at night and clean them, because losing your sight isn't worth being lazy for a month.

Heres a pic of my eye... (sorry its kinda fuzzy, but you can see how red it is)

310Rduner
07-10-2003, 06:00 PM
:eek2:

Next time ya might listen ( yeah right)

J/k

Hope it gets better dude, thats Sucks.

I have an eye appointment tomorrow.. see if my perfect vision is as good as i thought or if i need some contacts..:confused2

Woodsrider
07-10-2003, 06:11 PM
Dayum dude I wear my acu-vueII disposibles for as long as six weeks at a time without removal. I go to the eye dr. every year and I always get a compliment on how good my eyes look. always clean and clear. I know, I am fortunate to have clean eyes and can get away with it. Most folks cant go that long.
It looks to me like you have an eye infection nothing more... you may have pink eye:ermm: go get it looked at. Believe me, you dont have veins growing into your contact, :rolleyes: But you really should follow the instructions on the box.( Even though I dont)

Oh, thats a hellova pimple on the side of yer schnozzola too:eek2: J/P

hondafox440
07-10-2003, 06:13 PM
I can't sleep with my contacts in for some reason. I like can't fall asleep, its weird. :ermm:

hessianmx111
07-10-2003, 06:29 PM
man that sux hope it gets better, i dont think it will cause perm damage though

Fender Bender
07-10-2003, 06:39 PM
I have had pink eye once before... can you get it again? How long does it take for an eye infection to heal enough where I can wear my contacts again?

p.s. thanks for the 'get wells' and the zit compliment:D

CHAUNCY
07-10-2003, 06:45 PM
Fender- You can get pink eye more than once. I have gotten it 2 or 3 times but it never really hurt for me like some people say it does. Hope it gets better soon and good luck:o

bansheeguy77
07-11-2003, 01:01 AM
ahh fender good news and bad. it will last for about 4 days or so...good news ur not blind. i had the same thing happen a few months ago. in like 5 days i didnt take them out and had little sleep so they were so dry. then i woke up and couldnt move or touch my eye it hurt so bad. felt kinda like pink eye. hurt to see through it and stuff. just take it easy with that eye, wear ur glasses for a week and all should be good.

ZRider400
07-11-2003, 02:28 AM
Your supposed to take them out 2 hours b4 bed, so your eye gets a chance to get oxygen, b4 u shut your eyes.....lol.... o well. i always take mine out at night, cant stand wearing them for more than 10 hours.

250exen
07-11-2003, 03:10 AM
im really not suppose to sleep in mine either but i do. not all the time tho. like i will sleep in them for a night, then take um out the next night. sometimes im just to lazy to take um out and sleep in um for 2 nights but i cant go any longer then that or my eyes will start to hurt a bit.

TeamC&GRacer
07-11-2003, 03:29 AM
yeah ive had a problem also, i was on my last pair aout 2 months ago and i was wearing them for like 2 months, and i needed to see the doctor for new ones. Well when i got there she saw bacteria in my eye, i had to get antibiotic drops for it, but it was no big deal...i think it was a little tiny piece of dirt from riding that didnt get cleaned...

HondaRancherES
07-11-2003, 05:15 AM
Had my glasses for 2 months and would rather deal with them then contacts. I am severly near sighted which means I cant see far away or at night

zephead400ex
07-11-2003, 05:20 AM
I dont have to wear any corrective lenses, fortunatly! My gf's mom wore a pair of contacts for 6 mos without taking them out...ya, shes an idiot!!

But ya, Fender...you'll be fine...and BTW: I have seen too many closeup pics of your face this week!:eek2: jk!

peace

Woodsrider
07-11-2003, 05:23 AM
Go get some eye drops from the Dr. You may want to ask them while your there if there is a better contact for your lifestyle. I have worn them for about fifteen years and had several different brands. so far, the most comfortable ones I have had are the accu-vue2. They breath very well and I can wear them longer than any other I have tried, with out discomfort.
LOL Hell, I dont even own a pair of glasses in my current script:confused2

Fender Bender
07-11-2003, 06:40 AM
I could wear my glasses but they are kinda off and cant see through them too well, and I have a race tomorrow night. Would it hurt to put them in for 1 night if i used eye drops and stuff? My eye doesn't hurt at all, it just gets eye boogers in it from time to time. I can turn it every direction, with my eye open and closed, and see fine in any light.

Originally posted by zephead400ex
BTW: I have seen too many closeup pics of your face this week!:eek2: jk!

:p

Honda4trax250x
07-11-2003, 07:12 AM
there are spcial contacts that u can wear to sleep and take them out every week or so, u probably dont have them, this happened to me once but i only fell asleep for several hours

Fender Bender
07-11-2003, 07:38 AM
I got a trial pair of those and I cant see out of them as good, so I just said screw it and I'll get more responsible and take them out.

mo.lakota
07-11-2003, 06:43 PM
Man take them things out at night . I almost ( felt like it ) lost my right eye due to being lazy . Think about it if you clean your quads filter more than you clean out your eyes theres something wrong with you . Take care of your eyes man they are all you got . By the way I couldnt see for almost two weeks that one time . Its not worth it .

Z400sTyLe
07-11-2003, 07:17 PM
First off I pray in Jesus name that you have a full recovery and that whatever got messed up is restored completely.

Second, if its still messed up a little when ya read this, call your family eye doctor and have them look at it, request that they prescribe you a solution called "TobraDex" take one drop 2-3 times a day untile its gone regardless if your eye gets a little better, the pharma name is "Tobramycin and dexamethasone ophthaimic solution" two 1mL drop units should clear you up.

Get well man, and DO NOT wear that stuff for more then a day man, if you want a good lens get Proclear Compatables and use "Complete" brand, multi-purpous solution to clean and store em in.

Tom...<><

MXcutie
07-12-2003, 02:56 AM
I use to take mine out every nite but you go to college stay up late studying and you usually just say f*** it and just sleep with them in... I just went to the eye doctors on the 23rd of June and they told me that I had the best eyes that hey have seen in awhile and my vision hasnt changed at all in the past year *Thank God* but i've had this pair of contacts in since the 23rd of June and every morning when i wake up they are kind fuzzy but i just rub my eyes and they get clear... o well... no problems yet and i'm hoping it stays that way :)

07-12-2003, 03:56 AM
Most contacts are not made to be slept with. I use the accuvue 2's like many others here and you can sleep with them. Depending on your eyes is how long you can sleep with them in. I change mine once a month and could probably go a little longer but i dont really push it to far. MX Cutie the same thing happens to me. When i first wake up there like foggy but you blink a couple of times and they clear up. Im so used to having them in when i take them out it feels like theres something in my eye :huh :confused: :eek:

400grl
07-12-2003, 06:09 AM
Yeah, there are certain types of contacts that are made to stay in your eyes...and most types are not....so don't try it unless you know for sure your eyes can adapt to those types of contacts and only if you have those types of contacts.

You probably have conjunctivitis.....goes away quick with some medicine...might take longer without. Green boogers for a while....yuck!

Make sure you take care of your contacts the right way, and they will last for you without any complications! :)

crap-banshee32
07-12-2003, 06:26 AM
mine were like that after i had mine for a few months, try changing to a different solution, thats what i did!! i found out i had a reaction to the first solution i was using adn it was killing my eyes!@!!! just a though!

sportraxrider10
07-12-2003, 08:45 AM
yea i have contacts too but i take them out every night. unless i stay at someone elses house then i don't take them out, there a little foggy in the morning but with a couple blinks and i move them around a little they get back to normal.