PDA

View Full Version : I agree with Loy!!!

Ty's400
07-09-2003, 04:20 PM
I was wondering if there are and Christian riders out there? Or if anyone knows of any Christian riding clubs? thanks a lot and God Bless

bansheeguy77
07-09-2003, 04:22 PM
i consider myself a christian...although im far from a perfect saint by any means i still pray to god and all that good stuff. its cool that your not afraid to come out and say that...some ppl might think its cool to make fun of ppl for it

cabex
07-09-2003, 04:30 PM
yeah im a christain and i ride, but no i dont know of any christian riding groups

JUSTINcredible
07-09-2003, 04:49 PM
im christin.. but i dunno of any christin riding groups either.. i should start going to church again some day.... its been a long long time

kentuckycat
07-09-2003, 04:52 PM
Me, too... Whereabouts in Indiana are you? If you're not too far away from Kentucky, maybe we could ride together sometime...

black box films
07-09-2003, 05:14 PM
http://www.churchofsatan.com/home.html

It is a legitamite religion, many people think of satanists as people who drink the blood of virgins or paint 666 everywhere and sacrfice animals. Those people are anti-christians, and they are feared and hated by both christians and santanists. I'm not saying I'm a satanist or a christian, I choose to not have any religion, and that does not make me an atheist (athesism is technaclly a religion sence they believe in nothing. Believing in something or nothing is still believing). The people who do take offence to this are weak minded morons with no sence of humor. It's a joke.

-Bo

Martin Blair
07-09-2003, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Ty's400
I was wondering if there are and Christian riders out there? Or if anyone knows of any Christian riding clubs? thanks a lot and God Bless

dude its riding not church.

07-09-2003, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by HN400exracer

toby400ex
07-09-2003, 05:37 PM
dude its riding not church. :rolleyes2

Honda4trax250x
07-09-2003, 05:40 PM

dude its open forum, let him post what he wants

doublezero
07-09-2003, 05:57 PM
im a christian

Flip)(stick
07-09-2003, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Honda4trax250x

Its another useless threads, they dont want useless threads in open buddie:o

.:01_eXrIdEr:.
07-09-2003, 06:29 PM
i am a Christian and most of my friends that i ride w/ are Christians. This isn't a useless thread lots of people like to know this kind of stuff. :macho

jamiesel
07-09-2003, 07:08 PM
I think it is a worthwhile thread. You are free to use the ignore feature.

Fender Bender
07-09-2003, 07:31 PM
I think it is a great thread, and all you people who posted and started arguing should delete them.

Black Box Films- that was really uncalled for man...

Anyways, I am a Christian rider, maybe we should start our own christian riding group:macho

TORO1968
07-09-2003, 08:11 PM
I guess you could call me a Christian quad rider. :)

Hey Ty's400, where do you usually ride? We're always looking for people to ride at the Badlands with us.

-Jordan

400exmom
07-10-2003, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by bansheeguy77
i consider myself a christian...although im far from a perfect saint by any means i still pray to god and all that good stuff. its cool that your not afraid to come out and say that...some ppl might think its cool to make fun of ppl for it i have a bad habit of prayin when i want somethin....sigh like everytim i line up and wait for someone to drop that hat! GOD ROCKS!;) SPREAD THE WORD!!!

infantry317
07-10-2003, 01:14 AM
Yep, but I still drink beer. :uhoh: :D

Derek
07-10-2003, 03:20 AM
Im a christian and I ride.:confused:

Natertot426ex
07-10-2003, 03:54 AM
I am a christian too.

Tommy 17
07-10-2003, 04:08 AM
i think i'm catholic:huh

stace609
07-10-2003, 04:39 AM
I'm a christian. I was thinking about starting a thread like this but I didn't know how much crap I'd get for it. Brave move.:macho :D

MOUSE
07-10-2003, 05:14 AM
Originally posted by Flip)(stick
Its another useless threads, they dont want useless threads in open buddie:o

i take offense to that remark this is in now way a useless thread, he is asking a legitmate question that deserves a response, not a smart comment. :rolleyes: oh yeah im a christian but dont know of any riding groups

Dirt
07-10-2003, 05:33 AM
Why do you need a "Christian" riding group? Why not just a riding group? Why discriminate against others. Why not an athiest group to ride with, so you can teach them christianity! How do you distiguish yourself as diffrent?

Dirt
07-10-2003, 05:35 AM
What are the classifications IYO of a christian? What is a christian?

Dirt
07-10-2003, 05:36 AM
Details please..

MOUSE
07-10-2003, 05:43 AM
Originally posted by Dirt
Why do you need a "Christian" riding group? Why not just a riding group? Why discriminate against others. Why not an athiest group to ride with, so you can teach them christianity! How do you distiguish yourself as diffrent?

:rolleyes:

400exmom
07-10-2003, 05:45 AM
hmm this could get deep but.. i think if yer a good person , and just keep in touch w/ the big guy, and always ask him to forgive ya when you screw up, and tell people bout him every chance ya get yer doin good -just be the best person u can be..dont judge people thats his job!! and ask him into yer heart to stay! thats what my mom taught me anywho..

07-10-2003, 06:25 AM
I am a strong Christian.

I think he wants to know if there are christian riding groups because thats the type of people he likes to hang out with. Instead of always talking about quads, they can talk about the most powerful spirit of all. Im sure you people dont ride with friends for the sole reason that they only ride quads. There is something about them that makes you guys close and have something incommon. So maybe he wants to ride with people with similar beliefs.

Honda4trax250x
07-10-2003, 06:28 AM
Originally posted by Curt
I am a strong Christian.

I think he wants to know if there are christian riding groups because thats the type of people he likes to hang out with. Instead of always talking about quads, they can talk about the most powerful spirit of all. Im sure you people dont ride with friends for the sole reason that they only ride quads. There is something about them that makes you guys close and have something incommon. So maybe he wants to ride with people with similar beliefs.

good point

btw congrats on 1000 posts

250exer
07-10-2003, 06:31 AM
Check

Honda4trax250x
07-10-2003, 06:32 AM
Originally posted by 250exer
Check

huh?:huh

Narly R
07-10-2003, 06:35 AM
Well im not egzacly shure what I am...:( :huh

07-10-2003, 06:52 AM
good point

btw congrats on 1000 posts

Thanx i had no idea

Martin Blair
07-10-2003, 07:23 AM

i dont ahve a problem with him posting, its just tht everything is some how realated to chruch and religion now days.

flyin#5
07-10-2003, 07:33 AM
Religion was made up by early governments to keep people from going crazy. i mean why live by the rules if your going to die anyways? well when religion came about people wanted to go into a good "afterlife" so they obeyed the rules. the same thing goes today its just sad how many people are still caught up in this, especially when the truth is right infront of there faces but people are ignorant thats all there is to it. belive what you want im not trying to change that im simply stating the facts infront of your face.

Ty's400
07-10-2003, 07:57 AM
Wow thanks a lot for all of the replys. I live in the northern part of Indiana next to Ft. Wayne. I would love to go to the badlands sometime. My friends Daves400ex goes there quite a bit. I'm not trying to discriminate against others out there or say that christians are better. I just wanted to see if anyone knew of any clubs. Cuase I heard about Team Faith Racing and want to see if anyone knows anything about them. Everyone is intitled to their own opinion but this is also a good way to reach out to others. To give them the chance to know the truth. That God sent his son to die on the cross to forgive our sins. There is no rule saying you have to reply to this thread, it is only to bring good intentions. thanks

twisted threads
07-10-2003, 08:08 AM
i dont ahve a problem with him posting, its just tht everything is some how realated to chruch and religion now days.
You don't have a problem with him posting that?? If you didn't you would not have said anything.;)

Im a Christian also, I have herd of a christian riding club before but im not sure were it was at. It probley wasn't a quad riding club any ways.:cool:

quaddict53
07-10-2003, 08:21 AM
I am a Christian. I would definately be interested in a Christian riding club so if anyone knows of one let me know.
What about Quinn Michael? Did anyone read his interview in ATV Sport. Its quite apparent that he is very dedicated to his faith and our sport. And that Craptor, despite bein a Yamaha, is absolutely insane.......:blah:

CHAUNCY
07-10-2003, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by quaddict53
I am a Christian. I would definately be interested in a Christian riding club so if anyone knows of one let me know.
What about Quinn Michael? Did anyone read his interview in ATV Sport. Its quite apparent that he is very dedicated to his faith and our sport. And that Craptor, despite bein a Yamaha, is absolutely insane.......:blah:

Yeah, I read that article. He was thanking God that he was ahead in life and I also though it was very easy to see that he was dedicated to his faith and our sport. I thought it was pretty cool that he wasnt afraid and didnt hide his faith.

QuadTrix6
07-10-2003, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by MNmxblaster37
im christin.. but i dunno of any christin riding groups either.. i should start going to church again some day.... its been a long long time

same here

Juggalo
07-10-2003, 08:44 AM
i went to a private school for 9 years....

Martin Blair
07-10-2003, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by flyin#5
Religion was made up by early governments to keep people from going crazy. i mean why live by the rules if your going to die anyways? well when religion came about people wanted to go into a good "afterlife" so they obeyed the rules. the same thing goes today its just sad how many people are still caught up in this, especially when the truth is right infront of there faces but people are ignorant thats all there is to it. belive what you want im not trying to change that im simply stating the facts infront of your face.

this is actually somewht true, a logn time agao the governement need a way to control the people, Im not saying religion was made up but people like being told what to do who to pray to hats why you go to chruch, if you think aobut it they are tellign you what to do, but theres many different ways to worship if you believe in god. I ride every sunday its kind of like goign to church but i dont pray or anythign why im riding (unless i crash) but its still kinda of like goign to chruch in a way i just dont do it in a organized function.

I said tht its riding not chruch because people are to ingrose din religion and try to conect everythign to it, and it gets annoying sometimes.

mo.lakota
07-10-2003, 09:16 AM
I am a Christian , with a Christian Family . we belong to a club called Ridgerunner ATV club . It is made up mostly of other religous people from several area churchs . We dont emphasize that one needs to be Christian to belong to our group it just sort of turns out that most of our local riders are in some way shape or form involved in religion some way . we have a great bunch of people who are really fun to be around . Being Christian does not mean being backwards or square so to speak it just means a good set of morals around here . Our Rides are entirely family oriented with no drinking , drugs or Profanity unless a wrench slips or you hit your thumb with a hammer . We want familys to enjoy the chance to get together and ride . I dont go to church every time the doors are open but my Heart is there . There is nothing to be ashamed of by admitting your a Christian in fact we need a lot mor people like you who are not afraid of what you are or what you believe in . I applaud you and stand with you in your beliefs . :)

curtissparks400
07-10-2003, 09:17 AM
does anyone wanna start a jewish riding group, LOL :devil:

QuAdRaCeR244
07-10-2003, 09:22 AM
I'm Catholic:ermm:

EvilJester400EX
07-10-2003, 09:28 AM
I'm a Christian rider. ;)

Guy400
07-10-2003, 09:34 AM
I am.

310Rduner
07-10-2003, 09:36 AM
i was baptised Catholic... but im an atheist :uhoh:

TC17
07-10-2003, 10:14 AM
Religion was made up by early governments to keep people from going crazy.

was that an opion? didn't sound like one to me. i am Christian and go to a private High School. i've never heard of a Christian riding group but if there is gay deaf bingo clubs then there should be Christian riding groups. i just pick the right people to ride with. some people i know are 14 and 15 and they all drink a lot and ride and i stay away from them because one of them just got a branch stuck in her neck, E.R., surgery the whole thing cause she was drunk. all you have to do is listen to God and do w/e isn't against God and your fine.

Ralph
07-10-2003, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by TC17
was that an opion? didn't sound like one to me. i am Christian and go to a private High School. i've never heard of a Christian riding group but if there is gay deaf bingo clubs then there should be Christian riding groups. i just pick the right people to ride with. some people i know are 14 and 15 and they all drink a lot and ride and i stay away from them because one of them just got a branch stuck in her neck, E.R., surgery the whole thing cause she was drunk. all you have to do is listen to God and do w/e isn't against God and your fine.

where can i find god and how can i hear him?

TC17
07-10-2003, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by Ralph

most of it is faith. you can find God's presence(sp?) in a church and you can hear his words in the Bible. i believe, you don't have to if you want to be saved.

MOUSE
07-10-2003, 10:34 AM

look and you will see, listen and you will hear .

TC17
07-10-2003, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by MOUSE
look and you will see, listen and you will hear .

ask and you will receive, knock and the door will be open.:cool:

bansheeguy77
07-10-2003, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Dirt
What are the classifications IYO of a christian? What is a christian?

my views might be different...but as long as hes in ur heart and you believe in him and know thats all that really matters. if ya sin ask forgivness. i think god knows you and who you are. he dont expect you to be somebody your not for him. live your life to the fullest just have him with ya. kinda like your best friend. hes always with ya and gives ya guidence if ya need it :cool:

07-10-2003, 11:18 AM

yuuup:devil:

loy
07-10-2003, 01:44 PM
I am a christian. And i have a verse for all of you that think this is a wasted thread. Ezekiel 21, 31 "I will pour out my wrath upon you and breath out my fiery anger against you; I will hand you over to brutal men, men skilled in destruction.:D :D

sportraxrider10
07-10-2003, 01:51 PM

ok i'm %99 that this is true but if i'm not anyone feel free to correct me:devil: didn't people come over to the USA to have there own religion and to practice it? so the usa was formed because of religion which means everything now adays should be about religion, and thats my own opion

oh yea, and i'm a catholic:blah:

kentuckycat
07-10-2003, 01:57 PM
Stating that you're a Christian and asking if there are any other Christian riders is not talking about "religion." Being a Christian is not a "religion," it's a way of life. I applaud all of you that stood up and admitted your faith. We need more of that these days. :D

Black400
07-10-2003, 02:00 PM
I dont know what i beLIEve in:ermm:

250exer
07-10-2003, 02:02 PM
flyin#5

Since I'm a little slow, could you list the "facts" again (1,2,3,4) that you refered to in your post. What is the source of those facts.

loy
07-10-2003, 02:45 PM
This is not an article trying to influence people in any way, I just noticed that a lot of people were not sure if they were a chrisitan, and some were not sure how to tell if someone was a christian. So all I am doing is trying is explain things a little so that maybe I can help out. If I offend you with this article I apologize in advance, but I hope it helps you. I am not a pastor or a priest, so if you have any questions find one and ask him.

Ok peopple time for religon 101. Know for all of you that don't know what a christian is or if they are a christian. I will first explain how you know if you are a christian. You can only become if you accept Jesus Christ as your saviour and lord, acknowledge that you are a sinner. Ephesians 2:8-9 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God; not by works so that no one can boast. Basically that means that Jesus is the only way to be saved, being nice, happy, helping people, and doing good things WILL NOT get you to heaven. Oh yeah there IS a heaven AND a hell!!!

Now on to how you can know a christian. Matthew 7:16-20 By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? Likewise every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them. Basically, to me this means that a christian AKA a good tree will produce only good fruit, and a bad tree AKA a non-believer can never produce any good fruit until he becomes a christian. This means that you should be able to know a christian by his or her deeds. Now I am not saying that all christians are perfect because they aren't. NO ONE IS PERFECT. Not even me, the only person who is perfect is Jesus Christ. No one else has ever been or will ever be perfect. All we as christians can do is strive to be more like Christ, and along the way we will stumble and fall. We will never be able to be like Christ, but the difference is that you should be able to tell a difference between a christian and a non-believer.

Like I said at the begining of this I am not a pastor/priest, and I am not trying to shove anything down anyones throat. I am just trying to help some people understand how to become a christian, and how you should be able to recognize them. If you would like me to help you any more on how to become a christian and know that you are going to heaven send me a PM.

MOUSE
07-10-2003, 03:17 PM
very well said:cool:

wilkin250r
07-10-2003, 03:31 PM
I always wonder how many athiests would convert if they see themselves coming up short on a 60ft triple...

Z400sTyLe
07-10-2003, 03:44 PM
Loy, about your comments on the Christian rider post....

Yup, you will know them by their fruit. Many people hear the word "church and ge t abad taste in their mouth as they have had a bad experiance with from their youth or from self proclaimed "Christian."

To anyone who has questions and wants answers go to this site. http://christiananswers.net/q-aiia/questions-for-skeptics.html

And to you younger dudes/and chicks go here, its from my ministry.
http://www.go2kmc.com/index.html

Fact of the matter is this We were all born sinners wanna know why?! Adam and Ever were the first "humans" or "man" if you will, that God created and He had it perfectly set up that they had a free will and were to be in prefect fellowship with Him, but they were just not to eat the fruit from the tree of knowledge.

Eve got decieved by Satan, Adam followed suit, and they chose to gratify THEIR desires and flesh pleasures instead of listning to God. God had told them "If you eat of that tree you will surely die!"

Satan was like :you surely will not die! You will become like God knowing both good and evil" Lie # 1 folks. They thought they were above God and knew what was best for them and after they did they found they were buck naked and hid from God, God was like WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?! He cast them out of the garden of eden and they were then Spiritually cut off from God and would eventually perish. BEfore that they were both Spiritually alive and physically alive. In perfect comunnion with God. God didnt create evil he created us and the angels with a free with thus leaving the possibility of eveil to manifest. The angels dont have that anymore but we do, its a choice. Satan thought he could be like God and overthrow Him, God threw him like lightning from heaven with 1/3 of the angels. Then we came along. Satan is not in hell now, contratry to rumors. Hell is an eternal seperation from God meant for Satan and his angels "demons" and those who dont believe in Jsus Christ for salvation in the end times.

Anyhoo... God had Adam and Eve and a lot of other folks make sacrifices to be "clean" in His eyes so they wouldnt perish, Well that didnt cut the cake, so Jesus God's one and only Son came via the Holy Spirit and was born of a virgin mother to live a blameless life and die for our sins as a ONE TIME final sacrifice for our sins and God raised Him after all that way back when and those who beleive in Jesus Christ as their only way to heaven and confess with their mouth that they are sinners and the only way to heaven is Jesus and then the Holy Spirit comes into your heart and you are saved.... you may still have the desires fo things that are not right that youy were doing or God may take those right away "individual resulsts may vary" its not an easy walk but it is WORTH IT. Get in the Bible "God's word" daily, get plugged intoa church with solf out men and women of God that Recognize Jesus Christ as Lord. And listen to the Holy Spirit, He WILL speak to you....just listen for that still small voice. Seek to please Him not yourself with partying,girls,and other distractions, we all sin yeah, but to continue in sin after coming to Christ is bondage and making light of His blood on the cross. There IS freedom in Christ. HE says anyone in Him is a NEW creation, thsoe hypocrits who look clean on the outside are ilthy on the inside there sins will find them out. Walking the walk is a LOT different thenm talking the talkYOU WILL KNOW THEM BY THEIR FRUIT!!

Lord Jesus, I pray that everyone who reads this is blessed and that You reveil Yourself to them personally. In Jesus matchless name!
Amen and Amen
Tom...<><

250x#93
07-10-2003, 04:27 PM
I dunno much about religion:o I don't really go to church at all except for weddings:( But anyhow, i still belive in the lord and I pray all the time, but I don't go to church, I know u should and stuff but i dunno:ermm: But I dunno, is it really ok to not go to church but still worship him and belive in him, I mean its not like I don't belive, I just don't go to church:cool: I dunno I guess I'm ramblin on but I dunno, I don't really feel sorry for not goin I just don't think its absolutely necessary to go to church just becuz:confused:

07-10-2003, 04:31 PM
why must ther be a christian riding group? you think because your christian your too good to ride with everyone else:mad:

250x#93
07-10-2003, 04:31 PM
I swear and **** all the time though:devil: I dunno I don't know much about religion but I guess I feel that just by swearin and **** u will go to hell:ermm: I guess I sound stupid but I dunnno:confused:

07-10-2003, 04:38 PM
naw all the stuff like that was made up because it made somone uncomortable, like pre maridal sex and cursing and all that, somone is stubborn and simple minded thinks somethings wrong and forces his thoughts on everyone else

u wanna go to church go i dont see how it helps you in anyway unless your weak and have to hang on the church to get you through tough times

250x#93
07-10-2003, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by freeride132
naw all the stuff like that was made up because it made somone uncomortable, like pre maridal sex and cursing and all that, somone is stubborn and simple minded thinks somethings wrong and forces his thoughts on everyone else

u wanna go to church go i dont see how it helps you in anyway unless your weak and have to hang on the church to get you through tough times

Yeah I dunno I don't really feel I gtg to church:cool: I don't get why its so important, The way I see it as long as u belive in him thats enough, I dunno church just doesn't really make sense to me:)

Ralph
07-10-2003, 05:09 PM
Lets take a look at old greek mythology, The Oddessy. In the story people think thunder is zeus(a god)throwing thunder bolts at people to punish them. You know this is just a story, but why was it written? was it to scare the reader into thinking that if he does something bad he will get killed by one of zeu's lighting bolts? Of couarse, just like the oddessy all the storys and the bibble itself are to scare people into living non-barbaric and scare them of going to hell when they die. These Books were all written to set things streight. Another example Santas Claus, if your bad u wont get any presents.... God, if your bad you wont go to heaven.

People living in this age shouldnt have to live by these books anymore. We dont need storys anymore to show us whats right and what is wrong. We now have laws etc. If u are going to tell me that evelution is fake and god created the world in 7 days your just (i dont know a word to put in here).

The bibble stories are like laws that arent realy inforced, but the stories are told to be true so a person sucks this stuff in and is afraid of going to hell like the book says so he doesnt rape his neighbor. We dont need this anymore cause we now have goverment and anybody thinking about raping their neighbor knows the consequences...

My thoughts arent realy orginized so sorry if i repeat myself or if they are mixed thoughts.

kentuckycat
07-10-2003, 05:25 PM
Yep, that about sums it up! Very well said, Tom. I wish I was patient enough to type that much...God's still working on that...:D

310Rduner
07-10-2003, 05:29 PM
:uhoh:

kentuckycat
07-10-2003, 05:34 PM

You bet I'm weak! One of the major steps toward becoming a Christian is admitting that to oneself and God. I wouldn't have made it through several "tough times" without God. He's the one who makes me strong. I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. - Phil. 4:13

07-10-2003, 05:42 PM
so u just bowdown to something you dont know exists?

the only one you should have faith in is yourself, dont discredit yourself by giving the credit to some character from a book:o

TIGER72
07-10-2003, 05:48 PM
i agree with freeride132....well wait, how do i know he really exist...i can read his words here, but i have never seen him. so i guess its safe to assume he's not real, nor does he exist....

TIGER72
07-10-2003, 05:50 PM
just playing with you freeride....but do you see my point?

310Rduner
07-10-2003, 05:55 PM
:uhoh:

Personally being an atheist myself i fully agree with how Ralph described it.. public control..

Some people need that bit of reasurance in their lives to feel better about their lives or the fact they do NOT know what happens when they die.. personally? i think when you die it is the same as before you were born.. can you remember b4 you were born? I think not.. did you feel sad before you were born? No.. Did you look forward to being born before you were? No..

And should in some flippant chance be a god and hell.. well South Park movie comes to mind.. Heaven: Population 1,655 Hell: Population 555,643,675,460,001:eek2:

Todd
07-10-2003, 05:57 PM
I am not trying to offend anyone i just have a question.
In the ten commandments god said he was the one and only god and we were not to worship false idols or gods.
So why is jesus the main focus in most western religion , would that not be worshiping a false god? He was the son not god, it just seems to me like the jehovas (sp) wittnesses would be the ones closest to the cross and have jokes cracked on them even by some of their christian brethren? By the way i was raised Baptist/presbetiryan(sp) each two weeks a month , parents divorced (which i also think is ironic , made a vow to god to love and cherish til death do us part) both still alive and re-married , but somewhere along the way i have lost my faith.
Todd

310Rduner
07-10-2003, 05:57 PM
I'm not out to bash people who believe, just sharing my opinion like everyone else.

If thats what it takes for you to feel good.. well im happy for you that you have that then.

310Rduner
07-10-2003, 05:58 PM
lets move the debate to the other thread.. i think he either accidentally hit new thread or wanted to get More attention....

Party's kickin in the other thread tho.. lol:p

Mx300exRyder
07-10-2003, 06:16 PM
I am a Christian. Church is not a building, it is the people that you worship with, I go to church on wednesdays only, because I work on sundays. But everyone I ride with and hangout with are Christians. Yes, there are things that confilct with what my religion blieves in (Bapt.), ex: drinking, drinking was done in the bible, yet my religion thinks it is wrong. I drink, but I dont get drunk any more. I can't think of the exact verse, but is basicly says that drinking is ok, but not getting drunk. But it all comes to if you believes in God, and you trust him, then you are a Christian.

07-10-2003, 06:19 PM
see anything fun or pleasurable is wrong according to that book, it just doesnt want you to have fun

Black400
07-10-2003, 07:30 PM
if god is so wonderful and sh$t like the bible says he is and if you dont obey him you are going to hell.
Why do so many bad things happen to people on earth i mean where some people live or what some people have gone through is like hell.
Why doesnt he save people from these times?

I just say f$ck it and go on with my life

And organized religion is bull. It is more of a social thing than any thing.

Z400sTyLe
07-10-2003, 07:41 PM
Todd,
I am going to try to communicate an answer to your question the best I can without getting off on too many tangents, but I am going to throw out a lot of information at you. All of my scripture quotes in this post are from the New King James translation.

You are correct with your posting that in the 10 Commandments The Lord God, "the ONE and only Living God" said NOT to worship false God's or idols.

Why is Jesus Christ the "Son" the main focus?

John 14:6 Jesus said to him, I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

Answer: Jesus IS God "i.e. The Trinity: God the Father, God the Son "Jesus" God the Holy Spirit." All the same God, don't ask me how that works but it does.

Check this... Q. When Jesus arrived in Mary's womb how did this occur? A. Through the Holy Spirit.

When Jesus was born He was both God and Man. How dies that work you may wonder??? When I mentioned earlier about the sacrifices people did to try to make atonement for themselves in the "B.C." days there was a shedding of blood, but they used the "choice" animals if you will only the clean and spotless ones. The "first fruits"... as I said before that didn't cut the mustard and because God so loved the world he sent His only Son Jesus, and whoever believes in HIM should not perish but have everlasting life. "God in the flesh here" through the Holy Spirit to be born to a human mother, since Adam and Eve's sin there spiritual communion was cut off and they would eventually die. So those born after are born physically alive but spiritually dead,.understand?

When man sinned he broker the law that God had emplaced and to make atonement another "Adam" if you will came along but he had to be perfect in the flesh, to be a sacrifice, without blame, Jesus fit the bill my friend. Perfect man,yet still God.

When He died there was a shedding of Blood. But this time it was once and done.

Now, the Word of God says: John 3:17-18 For God did not send His Son into the world to condem the world, but that the world through HIM might be saved. He who believes in HIM is not condemed, but he who does not believe is condemed already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

John 3:3 ...Must assuredly I say to you, unless you have been BORN AGAIN, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

John 3:5 Most assuredly I say to you, unless one IS born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.

John 3:6-7 That which is born of flesh is flesh, but that which is born of the Spirit is Spirit. Do not marvel that I say to you, You must be born again.

Jesus Himself was a man under authority, clearly in the word further in John 8:14-18 Even if I bear witness of Myself, My witness is true, for I know where I came from and where I am going; but you do not know where I come from and where I am going. You judge according to the flesh, I judge no one. And yet if I do judge, my judgment is true: for I am not alone but I AM with the Father who sent me. It is also written in your law that the testimony of TWO Men is true, I AM ONE WHO BEARS WITNESS OF MYSELF, AND THE FATHER WHO SENT ME BEARS WITNESS OF ME."

This clearly states there needs to be two men to bear witness, but Jesus is in the Father and vice versa so though alone He still is One with Father God making two witness's... OK you ask where does the Holy Spirit fit in to make THREE of the SAME...???

Well...when John the baptist baptized Jesus the Holy Spirit came upon Him "Jesus" like a dove. He operated through the Holy Spirit, since He was in the "flesh" What He did was the Fathers will, through the Holy Spirit. When Jesus was about to go to heaven the disciples were like NOOOOO MAN STAY! And Jesus was like It is better for you that I go, I will send you a helper "Holy Spirit" see Jesus in the flesh could only be one place at a time. The Holy Spirit resides in every believer just the same all over forever and ever.

There was a centurion "soldier" and He has a sick servant and the servant was far off right, well the centurion said to Jesus something like I myself am a man under authority I have a servant and I tell him go and he goes and another come and he comes, Jesus was astonished at this mans faith and said Go your servant is healed. He recognized that Jesus still operated from the Fathers will even though He WAS and IS God. Hence the "I AM" not I was or I will be but "I AM" Who was and is and is to come, God never changes, He is always the same.

I hope this helps you some. If you need clarity I would be glad to PM with you or just e-mail me. koblow79@hotmail.com I will just answer questions and not push anything down your throat. I am here to serve my friend nothing more. Christ said to preach the gospel to all the world. I bring what is fact and truth, whoever receives the word I speak "which is from God" receives Him, and whoever doesn't, doesn't. It takes faith to believe, that I cannot give you but know this...faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God! Read the Book of John and before you do ask God to speak to you, it may not be how you expect it or it may be, but thats between you and God.

Regarding your parents, Becoming angry/hurt at an injustice or even from something hypicritical is dangerous, This can lead to a hatred of God, be careful. Its not God's will that that happened.

Matthew says not to take oaths or swear on Gods name or even the hair on your head, you know why? Cause if we do swear on God's name and break the thing we swore we would adhere to it makes GOD look bad and cheapens people understanding of God. Their own weakness in the flesh makes people think that God is not powerful and so forth.

Kinda like the Abram in Genesis 15 God KNOWS we cant stick to things ourselves even when He made a covenant to Abram. It was tradition when there was an agreement with two people they would shed the blood of an animal and cut it in half, then walk between the pieces thus establishing a covenant they were both equally able to uphold. God knows we CANT ourselves so He knocked Abram out and came down as a burning torch and passed through the halves thus since God stays the same and cant be unfaithful to Himself, He fulfilled the covenant for BOTH of them. And when Jesus came down He was the perfect sacrifice sealing the covenant and re establishing Spiritual union with God again for those who believe in the saving power and name of Jesus Christ and Jesus Christ alone!

JD400exrider
07-10-2003, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by kentuckycat
Stating that you're a Christian and asking if there are any other Christian riders is not talking about "religion." Being a Christian is not a "religion," it's a way of life. I applaud all of you that stood up and admitted your faith. We need more of that these days. :D

Very Well Said.

310Rduner
07-10-2003, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Z400sTyLe
Todd,
I am going to try to communicate an answer to your question the best I can without getting off on too many tangents, but I am going to throw out a lot of information at you. All of my scripture quotes in this post are from the New King James translation.

You are correct with your posting that in the 10 Commandments The Lord God, "the ONE and only Living God" said NOT to worship false God's or idols.

Why is Jesus Christ the "Son" the main focus?

John 14:6 Jesus said to him, I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

Answer: Jesus IS God "i.e. The Trinity: God the Father, God the Son "Jesus" God the Holy Spirit." All the same God, don't ask me how that works but it does.

Check this... Q. When Jesus arrived in Mary's womb how did this occur? A. Through the Holy Spirit.

When Jesus was born He was both God and Man. How dies that work you may wonder??? When I mentioned earlier about the sacrifices people did to try to make atonement for themselves in the "B.C." days there was a shedding of blood, but they used the "choice" animals if you will only the clean and spotless ones. The "first fruits"... as I said before that didn't cut the mustard and because God so loved the world he sent His only Son Jesus, and whoever believes in HIM should not perish but have everlasting life. "God in the flesh here" through the Holy Spirit to be born to a human mother, since Adam and Eve's sin there spiritual communion was cut off and they would eventually die. So those born after are born physically alive but spiritually dead,.understand?

When man sinned he broker the law that God had emplaced and to make atonement another "Adam" if you will came along but he had to be perfect in the flesh, to be a sacrifice, without blame, Jesus fit the bill my friend. Perfect man,yet still God.

When He died there was a shedding of Blood. But this time it was once and done.

Now, the Word of God says: John 3:17-18 For God did not send His Son into the world to condem the world, but that the world through HIM might be saved. He who believes in HIM is not condemed, but he who does not believe is condemed already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

John 3:3 ...Must assuredly I say to you, unless you have been BORN AGAIN, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

John 3:5 Most assuredly I say to you, unless one IS born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.

John 3:6-7 That which is born of flesh is flesh, but that which is born of the Spirit is Spirit. Do not marvel that I say to you, You must be born again.

Jesus Himself was a man under authority, clearly in the word further in John 8:14-18 Even if I bear witness of Myself, My witness is true, for I know where I came from and where I am going; but you do not know where I come from and where I am going. You judge according to the flesh, I judge no one. And yet if I do judge, my judgment is true: for I am not alone but I AM with the Father who sent me. It is also written in your law that the testimony of TWO Men is true, I AM ONE WHO BEARS WITNESS OF MYSELF, AND THE FATHER WHO SENT ME BEARS WITNESS OF ME."

This clearly states there needs to be two men to bear witness, but Jesus is in the Father and vice versa so though alone He still is One with Father God making two witness's... OK you ask where does the Holy Spirit fit in to make THREE of the SAME...???

Well...when John the baptist baptized Jesus the Holy Spirit came upon Him "Jesus" like a dove. He operated through the Holy Spirit, since He was in the "flesh" What He did was the Fathers will, through the Holy Spirit. When Jesus was about to go to heaven the disciples were like NOOOOO MAN STAY! And Jesus was like It is better for you that I go, I will send you a helper "Holy Spirit" see Jesus in the flesh could only be one place at a time. The Holy Spirit resides in every believer just the same all over forever and ever.

There was a centurion "soldier" and He has a sick servant and the servant was far off right, well the centurion said to Jesus something like I myself am a man under authority I have a servant and I tell him go and he goes and another come and he comes, Jesus was astonished at this mans faith and said Go your servant is healed. He recognized that Jesus still operated from the Fathers will even though He WAS and IS God. Hence the "I AM" not I was or I will be but "I AM" Who was and is and is to come, God never changes, He is always the same.

I hope this helps you some. If you need clarity I would be glad to PM with you or just e-mail me. koblow79@hotmail.com I will just answer questions and not push anything down your throat. I am here to serve my friend nothing more. Christ said to preach the gospel to all the world. I bring what is fact and truth, whoever receives the word I speak "which is from God" receives Him, and whoever doesn't, doesn't. It takes faith to believe, that I cannot give you but know this...faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God! Read the Book of John and before you do ask God to speak to you, it may not be how you expect it or it may be, but thats between you and God.

Regarding your parents, Becoming angry/hurt at an injustice or even from something hypicritical is dangerous, This can lead to a hatred of God, be careful. Its not God's will that that happened.

Matthew says not to take oaths or swear on Gods name or even the hair on your head, you know why? Cause if we do swear on God's name and break the thing we swore we would adhere to it makes GOD look bad and cheapens people understanding of God. Their own weakness in the flesh makes people think that God is not powerful and so forth.

Kinda like the Abram in Genesis 15 God KNOWS we cant stick to things ourselves even when He made a covenant to Abram. It was tradition when there was an agreement with two people they would shed the blood of an animal and cut it in half, then walk between the pieces thus establishing a covenant they were both equally able to uphold. God knows we CANT ourselves so He knocked Abram out and came down as a burning torch and passed through the halves thus since God stays the same and cant be unfaithful to Himself, He fulfilled the covenant for BOTH of them. And when Jesus came down He was the perfect sacrifice sealing the covenant and re establishing Spiritual union with God again for those who believe in the saving power and name of Jesus Christ and Jesus Christ alone!

:chinese: :uhoh:

TC17
07-10-2003, 08:45 PM
anything fun or pleasurable is wrong according to that book, it just doesnt want you to have fun

quad riding isn't fun? think about it. whatever causes pleasure that they don't want you to do is wrong.

jamiesel
07-10-2003, 08:52 PM
What on earth is this thread growing so fast for? The guy just asked if anyone knows where there is a christian riding club.

I don't know of any official clubs but if you are in Oregon at the dunes I know of many people who are like minded and Love the Lord. PM me if you ever come out this way and I will try to hook you up.

Sorry you are getting flamed, I suppose 2 cor 2: 15-16 applies here. Don't take it personal.

MOUSE
07-10-2003, 10:45 PM
see anything fun or pleasurable is wrong according to that book, it just doesnt want you to have fun

That’s not the way I see it as intending to be. If getting stone drunk and doing drugs, sleeping with any girls that you can get into bed with is what you consider fun then I can see how you would think this way. But you’ve got to think of the things that can happen to you from doing these things. liver disease, or killing some innocent family because you were having fun getting drunk and wanted to take a drive, doing drugs (for whatever reason) and getting addicted to something and ending up on some alleyway asking for money or prostituting yourself on the streets, overdosing on something and becoming a vegetable or dead. Or better yet you can get aids or some other disease because you were having fun and then pass it on to 10 other people before you realize you have it. Yeah that’s all great fun.

I’m not flaming anyone, I’m just saying it is not meant to make you have a boring life, it is trying to help guide you away from behavior that can ultimately end up killing you.

JTRtrx250r
07-10-2003, 11:13 PM
I dont want to offend anyone but.........man wrote the bible:confused: and besides,the "evolution" thing seems to make more sence to me anyway:D

every religion says their's is right and all the others are sinners and will burn in hell,...how do they know:confused2

I had a mormon neighbor one time that told me 160,000 mormons are the only ones that will make it to the gates of heaven......then I started thinking...,"isn't there more than 160,000 mormons????":confused: ....so what gives

I myself beleive in the "spirit" of my " being" ,and that works for me,to each his own,ppl could argue religion forever,....well like the way they've been fighting about it for 1000's of years,its not too hard to understand the difference between good and evil,the ONLY way ANY religion bothers me is when someones trying to force it upon me,

again...no punt intended to anybody no matter what their gig is:D :blah: JMHO

bansheeguy77
07-11-2003, 12:45 AM
that sand jesus is awesome...its at ocean city, im goin there today. anywho where does no fun stuff come into it? it dont say dont drink in the commandments does it? haha no but in all seriousness i go by what was said before. all you have to do is accept jesus as your savior and dont kill any1 or something that overly horrible. i still curse alot and do everything most ppl do ya kno? the main thing for me is to know hes there. im not changing my ways and wearing a suit and tie all my life and being holier than thou....he dont want that either....think of it that way

Ralph
07-11-2003, 04:18 AM
I think the main reason i am anti-religion is my girlfriend from like 7th grade, she was psycho, her whole family was. She would come to my house at like 7 in the morning throw me in the mini-van and drive off to church, then another time she made me go to church camp with her and i felt like everything we did they tried to hammer this **** into my head. After i broke up with her she would drive around in my neighborhood with her mom and theyd like pick me up her mom would make me apologize to her and then like take me to church again. I ended up telling her to go to hell and that she is a psyco *****.... etc...

Ty's400
07-11-2003, 04:54 AM
Man this is really growing! z400sTyLe thanks for taking the time to explain to others. And that picture was awesome! Thanks for all the scriptures. I have one I would like to share that I like to read before I race anything even in track and that. It comes from Hebrews 12:1 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out before us. For all you people wondering why you have to go to church. It isn't a matter of THAT YOU HAVE TO GO TO CHURCH. You can worship the Lord anywhere at anytime. Church is just a great place to unite with others and there you can give your undivided attention. I mean I don't always make it to church some Sundays either and try to still do my devotions, but I find it much harder to do when not in that atmosphere. Church is also a great place to have others pray for you if you are struggling, wether physically, financialy, or whatever the case. It is also a great place to learn more about the Lord and bible and how to become the best person you can be, because the Pastor, Preist, whatever you would like to call them, helps make it all easier to understand. That is their job. Hope I could help answer some peoples questions. thanks

F-16Guy
07-11-2003, 05:11 AM
The Jury is still out for me on this one. There are too many religions out there for me to believe that Christianity is the only true and right one. This thread reminded me of a song by Bad Religion called "The Answer": "....I hear a sermon from a creaky pulpit, with noone in the nave. Paid a visit to the synagogue, and I left there feeling blamed. Noone could tell me what to do! Don't tell me about The Answer 'cause then another one will come along soon. I don't believe you have the answer, I've got ideas too! But if you've got enough naivety, and you've got conviction, then The Answer is perfect for you."
But back to the real topic. I don't know of any large Christian riding groups, but they're bound to out there if you look hard enough.

Z400sTyLe
07-11-2003, 06:15 AM
Quote **so u just bowdown to something you dont know exists?
the only one you should have faith in is yourself, dont discredit yourself by giving the credit to some character from a book**

Do you really think the disciples of Jesus, many SMART, GROWN MEN, would after their "leader and GOD" died keep beleiving something that was not true just so they could be persecuted and KILLED themselves. mmmmm NO, you might think well a cult could influance people to do that... well while while that obviously happens to really deceived people on occasion, these guys SAW Jesus raised after they saw Him killed. And like I said dont ya think they would have been like "Jesus who?!" after they started catching heat themselves if it werent really true.....??

Quote **every religion says their's is right and all the others are sinners and will burn in hell,...how do they know **

"Christianity" is the only "religeion" that their Savior DIES FOR THEM, everyone else weights the balance THEMSELVES , some say "God judges us and it doesnt matter what we do its HIS decision. Others say Good and Evil are both growing and one will prevail. Even some Christians, are deceived into being so religious that it turns other people off and are actually walking out of the will of God thinking they ahve to do things this way and that way that goes WAS BEYOND what Jesus has said for us to adhere too and live religious defeated Christian lives. They think they are "holding down the fort" until Jesus comes back and intervines for the final time"

Then ya got folks who look to jump on the bandwagon for a "religion" and go for the cutting edge thing everyones doing as its "comfortable" and "suits them" preaches what they wanna hear....

But the reality is this the "progressive worldview " if you will... The Lord Jesus Christ came down for ALL man, and now we "Jew's by birth,Gentiles "non Jew's by birth" and whoever are to SHARE in that inheritance as sons and daughters of GOD. His will being done on earth as it is in heaven.

Quote **I had a mormon neighbor one time that told me 160,000 mormons are the only ones that will make it to the gates of heaven......then I started thinking...,"isn't there more than 160,000 mormons????" ....so what gives**

Excatly dude, Morman's are a cult thats what gives. There are MANY MORE people who choose to be morman that even they specify are going to "heaven" when indeed their religion preatches that they can each acheive godhood themselves. Much more I could debunk but i am just scratching the surface.

Quote** I myself beleive in the "spirit" of my " being" ,and that works for me,to each his own,ppl could argue religion forever,....well like the way they've been fighting about it for 1000's of years,its not too hard to understand the difference between good and evil,the ONLY way ANY religion bothers me is when someones trying to force it upon me**

I have a few questions for you... first you just touched off the tip of your spiritual beleifs, I am curious, why do you beleive that and where do you get that information from that that is "how it is"? Just curious like I said, enlighten me.

Quote** I think the main reason i am anti-religion is my girlfriend from like 7th grade, she was psycho, her whole family was. She would come to my house at like 7 in the morning throw me in the mini-van and drive off to church, then another time she made me go to church camp with her and i felt like everything we did they tried to hammer this **** into my head. After i broke up with her she would drive around in my neighborhood with her mom and theyd like pick me up her mom would make me apologize to her and then like take me to church again. I ended up telling her to go to hell and that she is a psyco *****.... etc...**

I apologize for your bad experiance, the heart of God is LOVE, sometimes us disciples of Christ seem to try to play Holy Spirit jr. and push things at people, though we have every good intention, sometimes we get clouded in wanting to see people we love and care about not be deceived and eventually go to hell should they not come to the truth in Jesus Christ. Though God knows our hearts, we are still responsible for our actions, so discernment is key in sharing the Gosple. Some people will receive it, others will not. Many are called but the chosen are few.But know this. Christ died for EVERYONE and loves everyone the same. It is not His will anyone shouldperish, but God cant be around evil, but.....Jesus died for your sins, my sins and everyone elses, when we accept His free gift of salvastion and make Him Lord of our lives which is "being a doer not just a hearer of His word" then we are savd, cause though the grace increase the sin should NOT. I dont do good things to get into heaven, I could never do enough.... I do good things to please the one I love and am trying to be life though i fail sometimes I still press in!! I have the Holy Spirit in me as my helper I CAN NOT FAIL!! THough I stumble I WILL NOT FALL. I am pressed but not crushed, persecuted not abandoned....

I pray in Jesus name that you all read and beleive, this is reality. Not just my opinion. I care about everyone on this board though i dont know you all personally and would be pained if I would not spend eternity with you before our Lord God.

310Rduner
07-11-2003, 10:55 AM
personally all this to me come down to cold hard facts.

THERE IS NO PROOF THIS ISNT BS!.

there.. its all a book written by man, for man.. nothing more imo..

I probably do as much right in this world as any other bible pusher or preacher, i dont push my opinions on others, i dont do evil, (Wait according to you I do.:p )

Sure i dont go to church, i dont believe in christ, i dont believe in a BOOK or story told thousands of years ago.

Just because massive amounts of people decided to agree on something thousands of years ago doesnt make it true.

"lets say it were the beginning of a new time, theres no one else alive, no evidence of past civilization. Then you come apon a book in a large underground temple with 2 metal rails in the floor.. tons of writings on the wall depicting past events and "gospel". There you find the book in the middle of what is obviously a bench.. You open the book and it depicts the life of a wonderfully powerful spirit, who fought against evil so that others could live a pain free life. You find other books as well.. telling even more stories of this persons wonderful life, how he slowly realized his powers and what he must eventually come to do.. Fight evil for humanity. SURELY no one would make this up.. its too fantastic not to believe.. You suddenly feel inspired.. "maybe i will have these kinds of powers" You believe ALL of it to be the truth.
Eventually you start a cult with some other people.. get everyone believing in this BOOk that you found.. even tho you have no clue about the nature of the author or when it was published nor why..You live your whole life in the service of Harry Potter, and feel that if you keep it up, eventually your wooden sticks will spout magic, and all will be better...."

Obviously it would all be made up BS to the rest of us who know that its all a made up story...

Surely if the people responsible for starting the craze could look and see how many people are actually following along with this they would feel those people to be fools. And be very pleased that they could be so convincing to so many..

My point is you no proof of the validity, nor the proof to the stories the book wildly claims.

And saying that you can feel and here "god" in your heart is not proof.. that is wishful thinking..

Thats my opinion, and one also widely held by many others.

And the whole "only our religion is the RIGHT religion is F*ING BS! You have nothing with your religion that makes it any more deserving of our time than any other"

Religions should have like an "equal opportunity foolishness to them" lol..

:)

Again, im not out to bash any of you that believe, it doesn't stop me from being friends with any of my religious buddies.. just means i dont talk about it all the time because if we spent all our time arguing about sh*t like this no one would get around to having some fun.:cool:

And every person regardless of what they believe has the right to live their lives without people like some christians fighting for their chance to go to heaven.. we've come to terms with the fact that we are alone on Earth, just us living creatures.. no spirits above..

MOUSE
07-11-2003, 11:45 AM
people seem to sometimes get the idea that christians think non christians are inferior or something. and im sure that with some peole that is true, i am not like that , heck i probably have more non christian friends my age than christian friends as its becoming increasingly harder for a younger person to stand up and make a step towards a statment of faith for fear what others their age will say or do.

i hear some people say that "bible pushers" and "religous freaks" are always tryng to make a stir or push something down everyones throats. but take a minute and look at it from the other side and you could say that everytime a christian gets up and tries to speak out theres always someone trying to make them shutup or pick on them because of their belief.

i have never tried to push anything on anyone, but im willing anytime to sit down and discuss in a civil manner whatever the person wants to know about my faith, and if i cant answer a question i will get someone who can.

topics like this will always be places of heated discusions and arguments. everyone is free to believe or not believe whatever they choose. it all comes down to faith.

i am a man nothing more, im not perfect wont ever be dont claim to be. ive made mistakes and plenty of them. but no one is perfect nor will they be. anyone that condems a person for doing something that they thinks is wrong needs to take a look in the mirror and ask thereselves have they ever made a mistake or done something "wrong".

if you dont believe as i do that is not going to make me think that you are anyless of a person or make me not want to be around you, it is my hope that one little thing that i say or do might make a difference in just one persons life, and i for one would rather be called uncool or whatever because i choose not to get drunk or do drugs or get in bed with any girl i can than be part of the in crowd that thinks that thats all there is to life. and thats not the religion talking thats me and the way i was raised.

310Rduner
07-11-2003, 12:56 PM
i agree completely almost mouse.. i also dont do any of the things that you mentioned in your last paragraph..

I know i will probably drink and get drunk,have a few one night stands, but im not there yet.. still 16 and i dont quite live outside of the law as far as drinking like most teens do lol.

personally i enjoy these threads, its just as fun to me to debate this type of topic as it is for me to debate something like who is the best engine builder.. it all comes down to just wanting to share and opinion and hear some different interesting views.

Sometimes i sound a little to hard with what i say against people who believe in religions, it mostly just comes from defending the atheist stand point, much like you defend religion.

I probably share most of the morals you might find in a bible except the ones obcviously about praying and the like, but i find most of the things people are saying in the bible is mostly just stuff you would want to do anyways, regardless of faith or belief. such as do unto others, and do not covet thy neighbors wife.. could lead to a few troubles. lol ;)

I just dont agree with living your life in the service of god, i feel like people should live for themselves, their family's or friends, or whatever motivates them in life.

Mostly it just comes down to purpose of living, and belief..:ermm:

310Rduner
07-11-2003, 12:58 PM
Forgot to say i dont agree with the people who come out on it to harshly, and feel that opinions stated like Freerides do nothing good for anybody, except give others the reason to step in and point out our ideas a little bit more nicely, or subtly

wilkin250r
07-11-2003, 01:03 PM
I think the main reason i am anti-religion is my girlfriend from like 7th grade, she was psycho, her whole family was. She would come to my house at like 7 in the morning throw me in the mini-van and drive off to church, then another time she made me go to church camp with her and i felt like everything we did they tried to hammer this **** into my head. After i broke up with her she would drive around in my neighborhood with her mom and theyd like pick me up her mom would make me apologize to her and then like take me to church again. I ended up telling her to go to hell and that she is a psyco *****.... etc...

NO WAY!!! Man, I had that happen, too. I broke up with a girl, and her mother tried to make me apologize to her!!! They dragged me to church all the time. We went on church field trips, all that junk.

I'm as religious as the next guy, in fact probably more so, but I really don't like church. In all reality, I've never met anybody in church that wasn't judgmental and a hypocrite to boot. So now I keep my religion private.

skidplate
07-11-2003, 02:02 PM
I believe in Jesus, the Son of God for this reason. I believe the Bible and that there is a heaven to gain and a hell to shun.

I ride with the guys from work who drink, smoke and cuss.
My biggest influence is to be their friend despite their beliefs
and thoughts on God. They all know that I'm a christian and I share things with them as the Spirit leads.

Happy, safe riding to all this weekend !
John

Ralph
07-12-2003, 06:12 AM
Maybe earth is HELL:eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

and Hillary Clinton is the devil!