PDA

View Full Version : i witnessed the 450 today :eek2:

dpizz450
07-10-2003, 03:34 PM
omg i heard a 4 wheeler comin down my street today but i thought it was my cousin and uncle and i usually jump n look out my window when i hear a 4 wheeler but i didnt cuz i thoguth it was my cousin but anyways it kept comin up and down my street so i finally looked outside n i go holy **** i started runnin outside i got on my warrior went to my ucnles house where a buncha my cousins that i ride wit were there n i ran in the house THE NEW YAMAHAS OVER HERE n they ran outside n they said go get him n i came n got him we went to my cousins house we stopped him and we were tlakin to him THAT THING IS SWEEEEET!!!!!! he siad he got it for $6,000 OTD i was like damn! and it turned out to be my uncles neighbers son we know them kinda good but that thing looks sweet he said it tops out at around 80mph i was like no way man n he was like yea thats what the dealer tole me i was like damn so my cousin got on his kx85 n he was like lets race and he was like i kno ur gunna when but i wanna see how long i can keep up wit u my cousin on his kx85 kept up wit him until 3 gear then it jus flew past him the kx was toppin out every gear the guy on the 450 said he didnt top out any gear i was gunna get the 125 out n race him but my cousin didnt feel like gettin it out but that thing is TIIIIITE!!!!!!!!

dpizz450
07-10-2003, 03:35 PM
o yea n he said he popped a wheelie goin from 4 to 5 gear he said he got the 3 one from the dealer

250x#93
07-10-2003, 03:40 PM
Cool I guess, but I don't like yamahas so I would have been bored:devil: HAHA when dat new honda comes out, I will be runnin afta it:blah:

Glow Plug
07-10-2003, 04:31 PM
cool I guess

oh yeah and I dough it will do 80 mph becuae doesn't the cpcs (wtf are they called again :huh ) HAs a limit of like 75 mph or something

kc 300EX
07-10-2003, 05:32 PM
oh god, dude, are you tired? take a breath

YamaWarr0121
07-10-2003, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by kc 300EX

LMAO yeah that must have been one long *** sentence!..

glow plug - my quad can easily do over 80 mph, if i threw on some 22 inch tires and changed the gearing from mx to real tall gearing..

roostin_dale
07-10-2003, 05:41 PM
calm down bro...use some periods man!!

Striker49
07-10-2003, 07:38 PM
80 mph? lol. I pretty sure no quad off the showroom floor with no mods will do 80...maybe Im wrong, but youd have to change the gearing. Some will come close though im sure. Hell, who knows.

Good info, just breathe every once in a while. lmao. :D

dpizz450
07-10-2003, 07:39 PM
lol idc if i type correctly but he also had the baffle out

blasterrider123
07-10-2003, 08:23 PM
**** on wedsnday i went to a dealer like a half hour away from my house lol wand there it was the yfz 450 i was like damn thats freakin nice just sucks i dont have taht kind of cash lol but i mean i just wanted to get on it and ride it lol but i couldnt lol but it is wiked sweet the guy at the dealer said they got it a month a head of time and this was accually the first yfz 450 i have ever seen lol but im gonna wait and see waht the new honda is altho the new banshee looks pretty sweet lol it is completely black go check the yamaha website for a pic

Nausty
07-10-2003, 08:35 PM
its just a quad man. I rode 2 differant ones and wasn't impressed with it stock but I think its gotta lotta potential once its got some mods. I really liked the ergo's compared to the 400 seeing i'm a big guy. 6'2, 175lbs.

cody anderson
07-11-2003, 01:32 AM
let me straighten things out... the yfz450 does not go 80mph. i was at the press release for it in calif. and it tops out at about 71mph. the raptor is still the fastest stock atv available.

jmoney45
07-11-2003, 01:35 AM
Yeah, dealers will say anything to sell a bike. When i bought my 400ex the guy said it was the fastest quad available, top of the line and it would go over 70 easy. I knew a lot about it so I just kinda chuckled to myself. I knew it wasn't the fastest, but a great all around sport machine. Most of these sales guys have never even ridden what they sell.

Glow Plug
07-11-2003, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by YamaWarr0121
[Bglow plug - my quad can easily do over 80 mph, if i threw on some 22 inch tires and changed the gearing from mx to real tall gearing.. [/B]

yeah of course it could do over 80 IF you did those mods. But could it go 80 mph stock??? I don't think so

Flip)(stick
07-11-2003, 10:06 AM
actually the DS650 is about 2 mph faster than the raptor on the top end.

dirtriderex
07-11-2003, 10:15 AM
My boys just wait for Honda, it will smoke that ****z:D

roostin_dale
07-11-2003, 11:49 AM
Cannondale was the fastest....when they were still being made:(

I would rather buy a dale than the yfz anyways! We have owned 2 yamaha's before and they were $h!t, i hated them...thats just my opinion though!

Ryan
07-11-2003, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by cody anderson
let me straighten things out... the yfz450 does not go 80mph. i was at the press release for it in calif. and it tops out at about 71mph. the raptor is still the fastest stock atv available.

Are you sure about that? What about the Gas-Gas's?

Flyin#3-1/2
07-11-2003, 12:10 PM
i just got back from my honda/yamaha dealer and i saw a red/white yfz450. that thing look sweet so i went over and sat on it, the seat feels perfect to me and the same with the handlebars and levers. i moved around on it and it seemed like the perfect quad for my size, even though i'm 14 and about 5'8" but i own a banshee. now i'm starting to think maybe it's time to sell the 'shee and attack my savings account for one of these things!! i also picked up the front and back end and it seemed pretty damn light...at least compared to my banshee and my friends 400ex's.

and about the top speed...who cares anyway?? it's stock...no one leaves a good quad stock...anyway, this thing is built for racing, and not really drag racing but it could be set up for it....so what would you rather want? a quad that has good all around power and a lower top speed, or something that has the highest top speed around there but sucks on a track?:ermm: *cough*my banshee:( *cough*

Got Huevos?
07-11-2003, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by YZrida
omg i heard a 4 wheeler comin down my street today but i thought it was my cousin and uncle and i usually jump n look out my window when i hear a 4 wheeler but i didnt cuz i thoguth it was my cousin but anyways it kept comin up and down my street so i finally looked outside n i go holy **** i started runnin outside i got on my warrior went to my ucnles house where a buncha my cousins that i ride wit were there n i ran in the house THE NEW YAMAHAS OVER HERE n they ran outside n they said go get him n i came n got him we went to my cousins house we stopped him and we were tlakin to him THAT THING IS SWEEEEET!!!!!! he siad he got it for $6,000 OTD i was like damn! and it turned out to be my uncles neighbers son we know them kinda good but that thing looks sweet he said it tops out at around 80mph i was like no way man n he was like yea thats what the dealer tole me i was like damn so my cousin got on his kx85 n he was like lets race and he was like i kno ur gunna when but i wanna see how long i can keep up wit u my cousin on his kx85 kept up wit him until 3 gear then it jus flew past him the kx was toppin out every gear the guy on the 450 said he didnt top out any gear i was gunna get the 125 out n race him but my cousin didnt feel like gettin it out but that thing is TIIIIITE!!!!!!!!

dude u have just wasted 30 seconds of my life. u really suck.

tants
07-11-2003, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by kc 300EX

lmao :devil:

dpizz450
07-11-2003, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by Flyin#3-1/2
i just got back from my honda/yamaha dealer and i saw a red/white yfz450. that thing look sweet so i went over and sat on it, the seat feels perfect to me and the same with the handlebars and levers. i moved around on it and it seemed like the perfect quad for my size, even though i'm 14 and about 5'8" but i own a banshee. now i'm starting to think maybe it's time to sell the 'shee and attack my savings account for one of these things!! i also picked up the front and back end and it seemed pretty damn light...at least compared to my banshee and my friends 400ex's.

and about the top speed...who cares anyway?? it's stock...no one leaves a good quad stock...anyway, this thing is built for racing, and not really drag racing but it could be set up for it....so what would you rather want? a quad that has good all around power and a lower top speed, or something that has the highest top speed around there but sucks on a track?:ermm: *cough*my banshee:( *cough*

Got Huevos?
07-11-2003, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by YZrida
lol did i ask u to read it HA no go suck a dick

KrazyKid300ex
07-12-2003, 02:31 AM
yea they look impressive. i might call around to see which deal is the best. i think that where my dad got his grizzly because they are good people(suzuki/yamaha dealer) that i hang around there more than my honda dealer and they have good service so maybe i canm coax 6800-6900 OTD because he told me they ordered 30 of them.

loy
07-12-2003, 04:01 AM
I rode it at the local dealer i am not impressed with it.

rider250ex
07-12-2003, 04:27 AM
i thought the banshee was the fastest stock quad...when dirtwheels tested them the banshee was something like 77.3 and the raptor was like 76.somehting.

trueblue450
07-12-2003, 05:04 AM
Yeah i sat on one at a dealer yesterday.. they sellin it straight msrp. :eek: he said prolly 7400 out the door.. I'm really thinkin about it. I loved that thing, but it still seemed narrow, i figured they would have that thing WIDE if its race ready but nope. After lookin at it up close youd definatly have to spend some $$ just to get it up to par. But I like it a lot!!!! Ohh I wish I knew if Honda was coming o ut with something :mad:

Sporttrax400ex
07-12-2003, 05:18 AM
7400 is a little high for one of those they only got a 6400msrp or something like that on yamahas website. that dealer is busting your *** on those prices.

JabberJaw
07-12-2003, 05:22 AM
I just wish "TONKA" made full size quads!

trueblue450
07-12-2003, 06:26 AM
Originally posted by Sporttrax400ex
7400 is a little high for one of those they only got a 6400msrp or something like that on yamahas website. that dealer is busting your *** on those prices.

msrp is 6899.. check again!:rolleyes:
with setup and taxes and registration youre lookin at 7,400 !:ermm:

dirtriderex
07-12-2003, 06:51 AM
$7400:eek2: , don't waste your money on that shzt. When honda comes out and you know they will for sure this year cause of competition, I hope the price is reasonable, damn I'ev been saving up for a long time and I don't thik it's worth it. Might just stay with the old Honda, until all the suckers buy the over priced ones.

Adrenalinerush
01-08-2004, 12:23 PM
the yamaha is fine for dunes but if your a trail rider and **** then it's not a good machine my friends dad bought one and it is sick until we hit the trails then then my 400 and my friends 300 blow it away. i donno if it was becaus eit wasn't broken in or what but i didn't like it.

Ralph
01-08-2004, 12:42 PM
the new ds650 fasted big bore quad tops out at 70. im sure the yfz wont hit 80...:rolleyes:

RiPPiNiTuP7
01-08-2004, 12:45 PM
no quad does 80 stock.

chucked
01-08-2004, 02:04 PM
theres like 3 or 4 450s where I ride. and theyve been around for a few months.

hondafox440
01-08-2004, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by cody anderson

Actually, according to ATVSport's newest issue, the DS650 is (they did a radar speed test) at aproximately 70.49 MPH. But who cares, those numbers aren't exact anyways and they are affected by many variables. Top speed isn't that important on a track.

Nice 450 in the new issue though Cody..

Moded86R
01-08-2004, 04:31 PM
I think the qaudzilla did 80mph stock.

knight rider
01-12-2004, 02:57 PM
my friend has a yzf 450 and i have a 300ex when we whent ridding in the trails he let me take a ride and it rips compared to mine im impressed and my cousin has a banshee but i like the 450 better but i still cant waight for the honda its better.:) :blah:

Atreyu
01-12-2004, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by blasterrider123
**** on wedsnday i went to a dealer like a half hour away from my house lol wand there it was the yfz 450 i was like damn thats freakin nice just sucks i dont have taht kind of cash lol but i mean i just wanted to get on it and ride it lol but i couldnt lol but it is wiked sweet the guy at the dealer said they got it a month a head of time and this was accually the first yfz 450 i have ever seen lol but im gonna wait and see waht the new honda is altho the new banshee looks pretty sweet lol it is completely black go check the yamaha website for a pic

You didn't use one period in that entire paragraph..