PDA

View Full Version : FCR Carbs

01-15-2002, 06:52 PM
after reading another forum, i was wondering, has anyone had troble wit the FCR 41 or 39, i might get one:confused:

400MXer
01-15-2002, 07:05 PM
I was wondering the same thing. I'm having my motor built up and want a big ole carb to feed my demon. So, i read that Carb shootout in one the the mags a little while ago, and it says that the 41mm FCR is the best. sure, the lectron makes more power, but it's all at the end of the RPM's. The lectron would be good for TT racing. It also had an edlebrock carb that did really well too!

CBRSLIDER
01-15-2002, 07:20 PM
Hey guys I just ordered my 39mm fcr. I understand that they did a shootout in the mags and the lectron did well but you were right, it does make nice gains but at a price. The carb is tempermental and needs to be cared for. From what I have read it doesn't just bolt up but takes some work to get dialed in right. I did not read the article but it was brought to my attention that Edlebrock sent the carb and some techs along with it to get it working right. The other companies just sent the carbs.

This leaves us with the 39 or 41. The 41 may be more than is needed on a modded EX. I just got my motor built up to the 416 with a new cam at Hetrick Racing and they suggested the 39mm. Which is run by the guys that they sponsor racing. That's why I went with the 39.

I may be able to get you guys a good deal on the 39. Less than $400. Email me at frank@usachoice.net Mention this post and your user name.

Ray

Chef
01-15-2002, 07:31 PM
My FCR has been fine. I wish that I would have known about the 41 carb when I bought mine...:rolleyes:

01-15-2002, 07:39 PM
yea, thanx all, i might get the 41 for my 440. since it is in the shop anyway, how nice

Sandragggen
01-15-2002, 08:26 PM
I just bought a FCR41 from Sparks for $475. I know it might have not been the cheapest place to buy one, but they had them on their shelf. I hope it meets my expectations. I'm still contemplating the alcohol mod.

MR. HONDA EX'S
01-16-2002, 01:01 PM
Does anybody know how to adjust the accerlater pump ( can't spell). I seen that Gabe (atc205r I think) was talking about it but can't find it. I need a pic on what to adjust. My cuz's 416 w/ a 39mm FCR need some adjustment's to the pump made. Thanks guys:confused: