PDA

View Full Version : Best Cam for 416 ?

nacs400ex
07-10-2003, 11:07 AM
Ok, I am having a really fun time finding out what I need for the 416. I think after I figure everything out I will be happy.

What I have found out is there is mixed opinions on hardening the rockers with an aftermarket cam. What C&D told me is with the Hotcams stage 2 you cant get hardened rockers because the cam is too soft, and it will shred it apart. Also that the Heavy Duty valve springs are not needed.

I want a cam that has bottom-to-mid range, and the hotcams stage 2 is only top-end. Could you please give me your advice on what cam I should go for and whether to go heavy duty or not.

Thanks

Craig

methyman
07-10-2003, 01:27 PM
I had a TC Racing GNCC cam in my 416 with a mild port job with the high rev springs(not needed, but did it for insurance). That cam pull great in the low end and mid and has a little pull on top also. I love it for all around cam. No need for harden rockers or high rev springs. TC knows how to build a 400EX. Good luck in your choice in cams.

Lata

Matthew

Big - D Racing
07-10-2003, 01:41 PM
Does TC have a website?

Dave400ex
07-10-2003, 05:27 PM
TC does have a site but it doesn't work, you will have to call Tom.
I am also thinking about doing a 416, and planned on getting the TC XC Cam with a JE 416 Piston.