PDA

View Full Version : how the he!! do i mount these fenders???

400exbiggun
07-10-2003, 07:30 AM
just got my sweet maier fenders, and how the hell do you mount the fronts. the directions say put this in this hole, and there are no holes. It says there are predrilled holes.......where?
i have bee trying for the past 2 hrs, and have gotten no where.
PLEASE HELP. and is it poss to mod the stock panels to fir the fenders, i am going riding at rausch in 5 days, and there is no way to get panels by then.......PLEASE HELP>>>>>

wilkin250r
07-10-2003, 07:38 AM
I always thought that Maier fenders were NOT pre-drilled :huh :ermm:

toby400ex
07-10-2003, 07:41 AM
from what i remember when i put 400 fenders on my 300ex:confused2 , the plastic should come with some L brackets, they replace the plastic brackets your stockers have built in. By the way, have you shipped my stockers out :D

400exbiggun
07-10-2003, 02:56 PM
oh, thanks guys, i got it anyway, no they were not predrilled, and i had to bend the brackets a little to get them to fit. the i just took a dremel to by sidepanels and tank cover and made them fit.....heheh
toby400ex, i am having the hardest time finding a box to fit, i looked at my work, and my friends house, and they were all like 6in too small. So i am gona ship them how my fenders got shipped to me, in TONS OF BUBBLE wrap...if thats ok with you???? mine were shipped just like that from east coast atv, and they don't have any scratches on them...if thats ok with you, i will wrap them right now and send them on my way to the bank.