PDA

View Full Version : uuuuuhhhh, head bolts gone????

speedy400
07-10-2003, 05:07 AM
hey I was checking the compression last night(i was having problems getting out the spark plug so i removed the gas tank and heat shield and stuff) then I knowtised one bold gone and one just sitting there(not threaded in at all)well all I know is they are not stripped, in the pic the one thats up is the one that was really loose, and beside it you can kinda tell a hole, thats the one thats missing. Could you guys give me any info on the length and size of the missing bolt? Then I could just pick one up at napa some time. Also would this has hurt anything?-darren

nacs400ex
07-10-2003, 05:51 AM
If you can figure out what one it is.. I could measure mine, because I have my motor apart right now.

Or you could stick the one that is out in... (hopefully the one that is out is longer) and then just sbutract the peice that wont go in any farther. Then that is the size you need.

hondarider2006
07-10-2003, 06:56 AM
or just be on the safe side and go to your Honda dealer and buy the right bolt for $5.....:devil:

speedy400
07-10-2003, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by nacs400ex
If you can figure out what one it is.. I could measure mine, because I have my motor apart right now.

Or you could stick the one that is out in... (hopefully the one that is out is longer) and then just sbutract the peice that wont go in any farther. Then that is the size you need.
what do you meen figure out which one it is? its the little hole near the one thats out,,, all i know is its likke 1 inch long and threaded all the way, could you please measure yours? thanks a lot-darren

skemp
07-10-2003, 08:08 PM
I think that bolt is a 6mm x 35mm flange bolt. 1.0 pitch. That means it is a 6mm bolt and 35mm long (plus or minus a few mm is ok on the length). Might be hard to find at a small hardware store.