PDA

View Full Version : Question on how to go through whoops...

300ex_rider03
07-09-2003, 06:37 PM
Me and my buddy have our first race ever coming up tommorow and it has a whole section of whoops and we were wondering how you go about going through them? Thanks

hondaracer31
07-10-2003, 12:40 AM
keep your weight back and keep the throttle pinned!:devil:

zephead400ex
07-10-2003, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by hondaracer31
keep your weight back and keep the throttle pinned!:devil:

word

RIDER11X
07-11-2003, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by hondaracer31
keep your weight back and keep the throttle pinned!:devil: Works for me too!:) Can be a rough ride but I just hang on!

Derek
07-11-2003, 07:03 AM
Well theres two different styles of going through the whoops. Theres Blitzing them and

Derek
07-11-2003, 07:05 AM
Well theres two different styles of going through the whoops. Theres Blitzing them and Jumping through them. If the whoops are very close together then your best bet is to blitz them. When blitzing them just lean back and give it he*l. If your still in control your not going fast enough. If the whoops are far apart then you could jump thourgh them. You can vary from doubling all them to tripleing them to mixing and matching.

AndreS
07-11-2003, 10:37 AM
this track I practiced at last week had a nasty whoops section, they're tight but are unevenly spaced & have one that runs at about a 20 degree angle to the rest & ends short of the other side of the track. i've found no fast way to get through them on a quad... any suggestions? i didn't pin it going through, they were a little spooky.

exriderdude
07-11-2003, 10:52 AM
it all depends on the whoops, you just have to go through them and figure it out. like Derek said, you and just skip through them, or you can rythm them, or you can do a combination of both.

at a track that i race at there are two sections of whoops, one that i double-double-single, and one that i just haul ***** through.