View Full Version : Clutch Perch

doctor_915
01-15-2002, 05:19 PM
Do you neccessarily need a new perch when you get a parking brake block off? Just wondering cuz I dont want to have to mess w/ any wires if I get an ebrake block off just b/c I need a new perch. Couldnt you just keep the stock 400ex perch?

Stunz
01-16-2002, 08:55 AM
1) NO
2) YES

cbrown400ex
01-16-2002, 09:35 AM
I used the stock lever and perch for awhile. Worked fine. I just got tired of all of the un-needed junk around the clutch. It is only 2 wires and all you have to do is tape them together(i.e. bypass the relay). This allows you to start in gear(with or without the clutch being pulled in). I bought a MSR raptor clutch and perch. You will hear some bad things about this one, but the only thing I found bad is the two mounting bolts are very, very weak. I replaced both of them and haven't had a problem. It is really up to you though. The stock setup will work great.

MR. HONDA EX'S
01-16-2002, 01:06 PM
I have the e brake off right now, w/ the stock perch. All you need to do is take the e brake cable off. On my 300 ex I have a msr XR 600 perch w/ a stock Honda 400ex lever, works great. Looks good.