PDA

View Full Version : 300ex lube

2002_300_EX
07-09-2003, 03:29 PM
Ok, now dont laugh. Are there any grease/lube spots that need kept up? Any bearings, a-arms, anything? Ive asked my friends and they dont know what they are talking about. Any help would be great.

Scott-300ex
07-09-2003, 04:22 PM
no, thats the only thing i don't like about my 300ex, is that there are no grease zerks (fittings), it is nice for some people that way they don't have to maintain it but i would like them just so i know they are always lubed.

thats why when you wash it you shouldn't pressure wash it so you don't force the water in there and take out all your grease, also i have heard of people's rear seal leaking because of them using a pressure washer

so, no, there are no spots on the 300ex that need to be greased

but after a couple years of riding i plan on taking them off and putting some fresh grease in there;)

300exOH
07-10-2003, 04:45 AM
That's not entirely true. I pull my swingarm pivot bolt and a arm bolts out a couple times a year to grease them and slide them back in. There are replacement bolts available that have grease fittings on them. I think Mezaros(sp) has them.

Scott-300ex
07-10-2003, 06:53 PM
yeah, but dude, a stock 300ex doesn't have any fitting back there, yeah, you can take it out and lube it up but that is the same thing i said you can do with the a-arms and stuff

he can take anything apart and grease whatever he wants but there are no fittings or anything in the manual telling you too

but is a good idea to grease all parts that need it

07-17-2003, 04:05 PM
if you really wanted to you could take the arms off and drill a hole on the part that needs greased then install zerks so that you can grease them easier

Fuchs42
07-27-2003, 05:09 PM
I grease my shock bushings, becuase my friend snapped the bottom of his shock off and it was squeaking a while before it broke and you sortya just dip them in grease and slide them back and and grease the shock bolt too. just my fidy cents

07-30-2003, 03:48 PM
Make sure u take ur axle off atleast once every 6 months and grease your bearing carrier. I went through 2 inone year on my old 300ex not too fun One time it blew seals and jacked my axle and i had to get a whole new axle too.

WEEZIL
07-31-2003, 05:03 PM
on the newer 300s there are no zerks up front but on my 93 there are fittings out the butt! i am suprised some of you guys didnt make zerk fittings for the front ends. its easy enough to do for the back

bradley300
08-10-2003, 03:39 AM
just drill a hole in the swingarm right where the zerk is on the carrier (at least my lsr one has a zerk, i dont know about the stocker) then you dont have to take the rear end apart.

plenty of dirt gets in there anyway, the little black thing dont do jack.