PDA

View Full Version : 250r or cannondale?

D-4our
07-09-2003, 03:07 PM
What should i do? I have an 86 250r that i love to death but im always having problems with it and im thinking about selling it and getting a 2002 cannodale. should i go for the switch or just deck out my 250 with newer better parts?

opinions on cannondales would also be appreciated, thanx.

D-4our
07-09-2003, 03:27 PM
bump

Nausty
07-09-2003, 03:45 PM
stay with the 250r and mod it.;)

CBW
07-09-2003, 03:45 PM
UMMMMM..........i say R. Mine isnt the best one on the site or what ever....but it sure is a blast.
I want to pick up a few more R's before i get a new 4 stroke bike.

LONG LIVE THE R !!!!!

Well anyhow......here is a pic of mine.

D-4our
07-09-2003, 03:54 PM
this is a tough decision. the reason why i would want a cdale is cause its cheap (4000), brand-new, and i would not have to worry about it breaking nearly as often as my 250.

CBW
07-09-2003, 04:04 PM
True,,,,

But you may still have your share of trouble with a cannondale never rode one i dont know??? And my R very rarely breaks down---so long as i have it jetted right :D BUT it is all new except for the obvius stock parts---frame, swing arm, air box, front light, and rear light.........LOL And 4K is alot more reasonable than the 16k i have in my R. So are ya going to sell your R?? How much? What has been giving you so much trouble with it???

Do you have a pic of it???

Brad77
07-09-2003, 04:05 PM
I guess I can give an opinion on this. I have an R and a Dale.

I really like both machines. To me the Cannondale is easier to ride, but harder to work on. With a few bolt on mods the Cannondale can really haul.

Although, one thing about the Cannondales. Those updates are really important, especially the crank plate bolt update.

My Cannondale never failed me, it has never broken and always started, but I went ahead and did all the updates anyway.

I have mine for sale in the for sale forum. The main reason I am selling mine because I am building a new R.

roostin_dale
07-09-2003, 04:32 PM
I say stick with the R and mod it! I have my dale and love it to death! But the parts are not being produced anymore! What is left is what we have:(

CHAUNCY
07-09-2003, 04:37 PM
I say keep the R. Thats just my opinion though.

alias
07-09-2003, 04:46 PM
keep working on the R :devious:

YamaWarr0121
07-09-2003, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by roostin_dale
I say stick with the R and mod it! I have my dale and love it to death! But the parts are not being produced anymore! What is left is what we have:(

not so true young son...take a trip over cannondaler.com and you'll learn a LOT

www.cdaleparts.com

we'll have enough parts to keep us running tip top shape for many many years to come:devil:

sounds good to me, i just got my TC pipe/ Nac's Mapping and stage 8 done and man this thing RIPPS

roostin_dale
07-09-2003, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by YamaWarr0121
not so true young son...take a trip over cannondaler.com and you'll learn a LOT

www.cdaleparts.com

we'll have enough parts to keep us running tip top shape for many many years to come:devil:

sounds good to me, i just got my TC pipe/ Nac's Mapping and stage 8 done and man this thing RIPPS

oh...i was talking to a guy at my dealer yesterday who has a moto...he said that there are no more parts being made:mad: dummy!!

Check this out:D http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&postid=675322#post675322

CBW
07-09-2003, 04:59 PM

I am sure the aftermarket will pick up where the manufacturer left off just like they did for the aging R ;)

07-09-2003, 06:36 PM
R :D

Honda4trax250x
07-09-2003, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by "2-R's Rider"
R :D

Flip)(stick
07-09-2003, 06:39 PM
Keep da R homie!

crap-banshee32
07-09-2003, 06:42 PM
an extreme modded R!!! there pimp!

D-4our
07-09-2003, 06:54 PM
sounds like most people are favoring the r. After we rebuilt the motor and re-placed the side case twice iv been havings little problems with it like a crack on the frame here and there or a broken case-saver or busted rim (own fault). Itll be running great for awhile and then ill take a gander at it and be like wtf is that!?

I dont know though, i sorta just want a problem free quad, period.

thanx alot for all the input

Chanman420q
07-09-2003, 08:20 PM
Cannondale..............

FourFiftyFour
07-09-2003, 09:19 PM
oh...i was talking to a guy at my dealer yesterday who has a moto...he said that there are no more parts being made:mad: dummy!!

Check this out:D http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&postid=675322#post675322

hahaha not OEM parts...... but AFTERMARKET parts are being made.... aftermarket that are like or better than the OEM :D Believe me I know about all this.. I was just assigned the graphics designer for the quad and bike graphics :D :D

FourFiftyFour
07-09-2003, 09:25 PM
Oh yeah by the way... Dales are easy to move around in the air.. very lightweight.. with the updates they are awesome...... the biggest thrill to ride, they have good pricetags right now, and there are a lot of us workin hard to keep Cannondale alive.... so yeah it might be a risk but I'd take it! Ive ridden both an R and Dale... they seemed pretty close in a lot of ways but I am not very thrilled about all the top end work ive heard u do on them... Im more of a four stroke girl..... the Dale is closest to a 2 stroke that a 4 stroke can get.. it likes to be revved and it runs best if u ride like u wanna blow it up :devil: which means ride as hard as u want on it. For parts.......

www.cdaleparts.com
www.rsperformance.net
www.southbaymoto.com

forums and info
www.cannondaler.com - I happen to be pictured on the front page of this site right now :D
www.cannondaleriders.com

jcv400ex
07-10-2003, 02:13 AM
I'll sell you 2 Moto's. One brand spanken new, never been started 03 for $9500!! Or a 02, used one for $5000. :eek2:

Build a R for that! :macho :D

flyin#5
07-10-2003, 04:13 AM
Originally posted by CBW

I want to pick up a few more R's before i get a new 4 stroke bike.

must be rough.....:rolleyes:

Glow Plug
07-10-2003, 05:05 AM
I would go with the cdale if you want a change and if you want to have new parts go with the cdale :D

ranger400ex
07-10-2003, 05:30 AM
If you think Cdale parts are hard to get,or in short supply You DO NOT own one, or you live in a cave. Parts are readily available, almost all the original manufactuers are stepping up to reproduce, reinvent, and hop-up the dales. I am working with Steve to start a revamp, and reintroduce a complete updated wiring harness for the dale. It is cheaper, better built, lighter, and incorporates a few more safety features to protect the vital electronics. I feel like Alaska Jim, I have had enough of the non owners, 12yr old punks, and rugrats, with absolutely no real knowledge of the dales, trying to sound like experts. After you have torn a few down, modded, updated, ridden,raced and owned one, then open that trap.

Sorry for the rant, now an answer to the original question. Dale vs R...I have ridden and owned both, obviously the dale more recently.

Win,lose tie
1)parts-Tie both are available readily
2)suspension-dale
3)motor-dale dale pulls like an R, with the eveness of a 4stk
4)looks-R hey its been around a long time, but still looks good
5)frame-hands down the dale, twin spar alum frame..can't top that
6)price-dale at least right now, but it is rapidly going up. notice the side comment by DW, ATV sport, and Action...."The cannondale it proving that it is and will continue to be the new replacement for the R, and the bar by which the other manufactures will rate themselves...funny they never had $hit to say when they were in business. Just like an artist, never famous till the die....but not in this case.
7)resale- R been holding its price for along time, but maybe the dale is out to ruin the streak
8)For you-tie, because you have to make the decision. either way you can't go wrong.

If you should ever have any dale questions, let me know, I will do my best to help you out, or get you in the right direction.

Ben

Derno24
07-10-2003, 05:46 AM
Amen to that Ranger400ex. I agree alot of the naysayers have never even ridden a Dale or even seen one.

As far as your question goes either is a good choice, but you have to be happy with whatever you do.

Plus on the dale is that it doesn't need much to get it race ready. Since you have the R already it could be cheaper just to get that running good.

2r's when you goin to let me try an R so I know what I am talking about?:devil:

Narly R
07-10-2003, 06:09 AM
Well like everyone said go with the r!;) I love mine to death, but it does keep me buisy workin on it, but i like to and its well worth it!:D I have never riden a Dale and WISH I have I would really like to see what there like, but it also depends on the rider you are some people are faster on a 4 stroke and some on a 2!:ermm: If you want a tOP OF THE LINE bike, have you every thouht about building like a Houser 450 r sumthin? If you like the handiling of the r but want a 4 stroke i say thats the way to go! But it would be around 15k! I want to do that but cat afford that so im stiken with the r! Which im REALLY happy with too, but if i was EVERY to sell it or get a differnt bike I woulf DEFENTLY go with sumthin like a Houser 450! But if your stiken with either a Dale or r, keep he r!

roostin_dale
07-10-2003, 11:12 AM
haha..i DO have a cannodale..believe me! And it is modified!!

YamaWarr0121
07-10-2003, 11:22 AM
quite funny..because if i cant get parts, how come i ordered 2 parts for my warrior the same day i ordered 2 electronics for my dale through maz, and guess what got to me in 2 days, and the other in about 2 weeks..thats right the dale parts where here and packaged way better and sooner then my Warrior parts..

and trust me, i race once a week and practice every wednesday and friday, this quad has NEVER let me down:devil:

tants
07-10-2003, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by flyin#5

lmao...

KEEP THE R

or sell it now, and wait till the new honda comes up. if you want a beter cond 250r... once the new honda comes out, people will be giving 250r's away :eek2:

310Rduner
07-10-2003, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by tants
lmao...

KEEP THE R

or sell it now, and wait till the new honda comes up. if you want a beter cond 250r... once the new honda comes out, people will be giving 250r's away :eek2:

some may.. others might feel let down by honda depending what it is.. and realise "oh damn.. ill have to buy a yammi"

lmao..

Keep the r.. sounds like you haven't had any engine problems to speak of.. you will have problems with aftermarket parts or reg chassis type things breaking eventually no matter what you ride..

Unless your R is cursed.. keep it and bling it to the point that you feel bad for ever doubting it..

Or try what tants said.. might work.. or you could get one with a bad engine perfect parts..

AFTERMARKET
07-10-2003, 12:29 PM
R

CBW
07-10-2003, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by flyin#5

Yeah ,,,,,,thats what happens when i go out and work,,,,,,i get to buy myself stuff:blah:

And tants......i hope you are correct on people "giving R's away":devil:,,,,,,,if not----- well --------i will still get one..........LOL........:macho

roostin_dale
07-10-2003, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by YamaWarr0121
quite funny..because if i cant get parts, how come i ordered 2 parts for my warrior the same day i ordered 2 electronics for my dale through maz, and guess what got to me in 2 days, and the other in about 2 weeks..thats right the dale parts where here and packaged way better and sooner then my Warrior parts..

Well...don't go and get p|ssed at me...lol
Just what the guy was tellin me....
I know that the quadshop carries alot of parts too!

Derno24
07-10-2003, 05:02 PM
No bashing on the quadshop, but the parts they are getting are from Maz and Haydug. Maz has even come up with better parts than original in some key areas for the dale.

D-4our
07-10-2003, 05:05 PM
thanx for all the help...

but yeah 310rduner im having problems with my motor now, i got this rattle inside my motor and found metal shavings inside too.

I like the sound of modding it until i feel bad for ever doubting it and i also like how the dale is comparable to a 2-stroke which is what id want. seems like i couldnt go wrong with either one too...hmm, but i did see two dales brake in huevos 5 but im also wondering why creech uses the dale for freestyle (which is my main interest in riding) and not the 250. ahhhhh, this is hard:mad:

tants
07-11-2003, 04:18 AM
Originally posted by D-4our
but im also wondering why creech uses the dale for freestyle (which is my main interest in riding) and not the 250. ahhhhh, this is hard:mad:

wasnt that given to him by 3-brothers racing to use for the video...?

1/2 the time hes on his decked out R :uhoh:

tants
07-11-2003, 04:20 AM
Originally posted by CBW
And tants......i hope you are correct on people "giving R's away":devil:,,,,,,,if not----- well --------i will still get one..........LOL........:macho

you know what i ment... people will be letting them slip for low prices IF a new Honda comes out. :confused2

07-11-2003, 05:10 AM
id just take the motor off find out whats wrong, put a new top end in , crank tranny whatever else is wrong, you know much it costs and how hard it is to find a crank or top end for a dale?

roostin_dale
07-11-2003, 12:00 PM
wasnt that given to him by 3-brothers racing to use for the video...?
Yea..thats right

I think he has a Walsh Crf now doesn't he?

insane250Racer
07-11-2003, 04:30 PM
Ive owned an R and a dale I love both but there is no comparison when it comes to power the Dale blows it away i have mine forsale tho becaue i want a car here she is on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&category=6726&item=2423445487

310Rduner
07-11-2003, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by insane250Racer
Ive owned an R and a dale I love both but there is no comparison when it comes to power the Dale blows it away i have mine forsale tho becaue i want a car here she is on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&category=6726&item=2423445487

:rolleyes:

insane250Racer
07-11-2003, 07:30 PM
nice face ..ride my dale

310Rduner
07-11-2003, 07:38 PM
in YOUR case to the R you had that might be true..

For the average r's, it isnt going to happen.

Can't base something about ALL 250R's to yours. I know that on the average, an R would smoke a c-dale.

insane250Racer
07-11-2003, 07:41 PM
OK considering their arent many people with big bore R's and another thing a cdale weighs the same or less then a stock frame R and stock hp a dale makes 40 hp so not on the average

CBW
07-12-2003, 03:07 AM
you know what i ment... people will be letting them slip for low prices IF a new Honda comes out. :confused2

Yeah i know....i was agreeing with you..........sorry if it came across differently:ermm: ;) :cool:

tants
07-12-2003, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by CBW
Yeah i know....i was agreeing with you..........sorry if it came across differently:ermm: ;) :cool:

:cool: