PDA

View Full Version : jetting

Cwad_BoyEX
07-09-2003, 02:57 PM
Iam confused on jetting, i have a 400ex and i have on it a k&n air filter with the airbox lid off and what is the best jet i can put in there to make the most power. I purchased a dyno jet kit and put a 165 jet on there but i didnt notice a power differance.

And also the honda dealer told me after the quad breaks in you half to get the valves adjusted and its been about a year since i purchased the quad if i do get them adjusted will it give me more power?

JOEX
07-09-2003, 06:39 PM
165 sounds a bit big for just a k&n filter. Get an aftermarket silencer and you should gain a little more power.

Definately get the valves adjusted....

Joe

Cwad_BoyEX
07-09-2003, 07:32 PM
I will purchase one in the future but i wanna know what is the best jet for what iam running know a K&N and air box lid off

LazeR
07-09-2003, 09:41 PM
ahhh, your supposed to get the valves adjusted?? o boy

MITrail400EX
07-10-2003, 03:12 AM
Hey, I've got the K&N with an outerware cover. When I run without the airbox lid, I usually run a 165 (Dynojet #) main jet. Also, I adjust the fuel screw 3 turns out from fully closed and move the e-clip to the 3rd ring down. I'm surprised you didn't feel any power increase. I felt quite a big difference when I put my stuff on. The only thing is, make sure you check your plug often because I fouled mine out already. Of course, it was when I put the lid on to go through some water. Good luck and let me know how it works out for you.