PDA

View Full Version : my head gasket blew

thormx7
07-09-2003, 02:04 PM
i just rebuilt my 250r and after breaking it in the head gasket blew. i wanted to know if anyone knew what the cause of this could have been? one of the things i thought it could have been was that i forgot to torque the head nuts to the right torque specs. could that have had anything to do with it? if not then what did cause it? i also heard you're not supposed to use gasket sealer on a head gasket. i didnt use any but do you guys know if it is safe to use it?

also i took my engine out of my frame to get the water out of everywhere. my crank was filled with water. does anyone know what i can use to flush all of the water out of my bottom end and top end? i know how dangerous water is to have in your engine and i want to make sure i get it all out. any suggestions of how to clean everything properly from anyone that this has happened to would help greatly. thanks a lot

thormx7
07-09-2003, 05:11 PM
if anyone has anything it would be helpful i really need to get my r back together quick. thanks

KAWSAM62
07-10-2003, 03:22 AM
make sure the head and cly is flat you can wet sand it on a piece of glass with 1000 grit and not torquing it properly will cause problems as far as the water goes turn it upside down and get it dry then oil the insides down with a 2 stroke gas oil mix so nothing will rust it needs to be assy quickly and run before water damage can happen good luck:cool: