PDA

View Full Version : fcr39mm worth it?

zoom400ex
07-09-2003, 01:01 PM
i have a 2000 400ex with a uni filter, whitebros e series slip on, and shaved fenders. i am looking into getting some more power out of my 400 so i can keep up with all the new quads out now, but i dont wanna really tear anything apart and loose the reliability of my old thumper. So i was wondering if a fcr39mm carb would be worth me getting? would i run with some slightly modded z's and maybe a raptor? any info would help, thankx

Tanner

JD400exrider
07-09-2003, 01:09 PM
I just rode monday for the first time with the new fcr 39. The throttle responce is quite impressive and the mid to top end is very impressive. There not cheap 440.00 with the adjusting fuel screw from C&D racing I am very happy with my set up. I don't know how they work on a stock motor, but i am sure it will give you noticable gains. I ride with two buddies that have raptors. I have yet to drag race them but i think it may be close in a drag race now with my mods. They could not touch me in the woods before the carb.

mopar 400
07-09-2003, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by zoom400ex
i have a 2000 400ex with a uni filter, whitebros e series slip on, and shaved fenders. i am looking into getting some more power out of my 400 so i can keep up with all the new quads out now, but i dont wanna really tear anything apart and loose the reliability of my old thumper. So i was wondering if a fcr39mm carb would be worth me getting? would i run with some slightly modded z's and maybe a raptor? any info would help, thankx

Tanner helll yes...........
:devil: