PDA

View Full Version : wrong gas :(

nyle13
01-15-2002, 04:53 PM
hey
i have a 97 300ex and it runs prefect. Just yestday i ran out of gas in my back yard and today i put in some gas in my garage. i started it and it started right up, but then when i did it about 5 seconds later it just made a "hmmmm"ing sound. I dont know what it wrong with it. Is it the gas or did i mess something up:(

300eXTraILRyDeR
01-15-2002, 06:25 PM
I also have a 1997 that humms It runs great but it makes a slight humming for some reason i dont no why either.

nyle13
01-15-2002, 06:28 PM
no.. im talkin about it wont even start!! like something is really wrong with it.. but it ran liek a 2002 yesterday until i ran out of gas

"BLAHH"300!!
01-15-2002, 06:49 PM
...the huming you hear...does it sound like it's coming from around you battery area...i had mine make some wild noise one night while riding...i pulled up and cut it off..i think the key was still on and it made this..maaaaannnnn.....sound from that area of the bike ..did it twice .about 3 seconds each...and hasn't done it sence....my battery was dead when all this happend and i was push starting it...i was thinking it came from the little..(has vents "kinda" on it and is close to the rear fender in front of the battery..on the left side while looking at the back.).don't know what you call it....

"nyle13"....(wouldn't have anything to do with the gas but..) tryin to help....it's not the starter is it????..
..when you say "bad gas"what do you mean....i've put dirty gas in mine...some old gas my dad cleaned out another gas jug with and was using this gas to kill ants with...had trash all in it...had to take the tank off and all that...but i ran it for a while untill i noticed it sputtering...and ren it the rest of the day.then that night when we talked i figured it all out.....then on another occasion...i have a real small gas jug just right for a full tank on my 300...well my dad uses this tank to fill with 2 stroke gas for the weed eater.....but it didn't make any differance "or atleast not performance wise"...didn't find out that it was 2 stroke gas untill he went to cut that next week by then it was all burnt out...

01-16-2002, 06:37 AM
Did ya put mixed gas in it by accident,,like weed eater gas,,or lawnmower gas?? How long had the gas been sitting around??

hangman
01-16-2002, 10:02 AM
This won't help your problem much, but is kind of a funny story. When I was in high school I worked at a gas station. One night four of my riding buddies pulled in (on thier Warriors) to gas up before going on a night ride. Three come in and the other gasses up all four quads. They pay and leave. Five minutes later, all four pull back in smoking and knocking like you wouldn't believe. The guy had filled all four up with diesel. So we drained the tanks and carbs and filled them up with premium and they have had no problems to date. Pretty funny but with a happy ending.

01-21-2002, 06:05 AM
What type of gas and how youy applyed it determinds.

MOFO
01-21-2002, 06:23 AM
Originally posted by QuadKid250EX
What type of gas and how youy applyed it determinds.

huh??? :huh

nyle13
01-21-2002, 07:09 AM
I had a KX80 before my 300ex, so i think it was 2 stroke gas. I also think that it has something to due with the battery, but the battery charger i have is cars and might blow out the battery.

sprt400ex
01-25-2002, 10:47 AM
you might have water in the carb..i would drain everything....gs tank, float bowl, etc... try to jump start it to get the battery going then let it idl;e for a while

JabberJaw
01-25-2002, 11:09 AM
I know when I get bad gas, I make strange noises too!

The400exExorcist
01-26-2002, 11:57 PM
I hear you on that one jabber