PDA

View Full Version : 400EXIZE your 250R

Evan
01-15-2002, 04:51 PM
I bought 400EX plastic to put on my 250R because I saw in 4wheelATV Action they did just that. Well I found the mag and the number but no one answered. So I emailed 4WAA and they said they dissapeared. They were located in Tennesesee, so I tried the operator, no luck, did a Search on the web, no luck, so I am turning to you guys for help. The name is Performance Racing Concepts. Does any one know how I could get in touch with them or another company that makes and sells these kits. Thanks

papaw
01-15-2002, 06:00 PM
my bud is getting ready to do the same for his 250r i think the place went out of business though.maybe we can set you up with one of our kits,if you still need it.theres only one catch we probably will not have them ready for a little while.he's trying to sell his 'shee b4 he starts to build his 250r........

Evan
01-15-2002, 06:10 PM
Do yall sell them or what. I would like one but I am going to try it my self I guess first, I really would like some info when your buddy does his.

papaw
01-15-2002, 06:28 PM
no we don't sell them.yet anyway,yeah i would try it myself since you already have the back issue to get you started and if my bud starts on his i'll send you some info but it might be a while hes going totally through his bike in the next few months.

generalg
01-19-2002, 10:56 AM
I also tried calling PRC one day at work with no luck. I was able to get a copy of the article from the magazine. Doesn't look to hard to do. If I ever get around to making some brackets for the plastic I will post some pics. I think it would be better to move the brackets on the frame itself rather than cutting the 400ex seat brackets.

Evan
03-04-2002, 11:43 PM
Well I have started the process of fiting the plastic. I bought the brackets that bolt the front plastic to the 400EX frame, and I trimed the plastic things on the bottom of the seat so it would fit on the hangers or what ever you call em on the frame. I trimmed most of the gas tank cover away, trying to get everything to work right, but I am going to have to re-weld the brackets for the seat so the seat fits right and I havent come up with a way to make the panels line up right with the seat so it looks perfect, but I am working on it. I got a good deal on the front plastic and side panels from a guy, they are like new and only paid 60 bucks for them. I got the seat from service honda for 50 bucks brand new, and the rear plastic came with my 400EX when I bought it used.
This is what I hope to have mine look like when I am done. I think it looks sweet. Notice how well the plastic lines up and the attention to the decals. The only difference is mine will have a red carbon fiber hood like my 400. If any of you guys are doing this and have any info, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

400exdad
03-05-2002, 08:07 PM
Looks good dude! 400EX plastic is priced right too!

callen74
03-05-2002, 09:30 PM
X-rider,
I'm not sure if this will help but give Legacy ATV a call. Their sponsored pro rider Nathan Dallas runs 400ex plastic on his 250r or at least he did last year. Their located in High Point, NC so they would be close to you and they might have just the stuff or info you need to complete your quad.

Evan
03-18-2002, 05:34 PM
Well got my plastic to work finally, got a machinists to help and he did the welding and tapping etc, heres what it looks like

Evan
03-18-2002, 05:38 PM
Took about 3 hours to do, just taking our time. I am still not sure what to do about the gastank cover and where the kik start will go.

NJ300ex
03-18-2002, 05:40 PM
wow, that frame needs some work.

Evan
03-18-2002, 05:49 PM
Read my sig, it will be powdercoated translucent red, and chromed the swingarm. It was crappily powdercoated b4 and it was chipping and so I tried using some paint stripper to take it off but only a little would come off.