PDA

View Full Version : Lug Nuts

GoLikeHell
01-15-2002, 04:09 PM
Hi guys!
Anyone know what lug nuts are used with aftermarket wheels? reason im asking is the factory tapered lugs will not work with my new ITP wheels.

Thanks in advance
Mark:o

chris29
01-15-2002, 04:13 PM
You have to turn the lug nuts the opposite way. Turn them were the flat side is up against the wheel not the pointed side.

01-15-2002, 04:15 PM
I've seen riders reverse their stock lug nuts with their ITP rims, looks like it works ok. I wish the ITP's had the countersunk holes like the stock rims do!!:grr Douglas Billet wheels have the countersunk holes, and I think the Hiper rims do as well. Hope this helps.

GoLikeHell
01-15-2002, 04:19 PM
WOW thanks for the fast feedback!

I was hoping not to use the stock lugs backwards, I was hoping someone made a lug nut with a compression washer attatched for more clamping power. Running stock lugs backwards defeats the reason for the taper.

If anyone does know of a place that sells a lugnut like that please let me know.

Thanks
Mark

dads400ex
01-15-2002, 04:46 PM
Rocky Mountain has flanged nuts to replace your tappered lug nots I got some for our quads to use with the paddles, ran them this weekend and they seemed to hold tight and they were only 35 cents each.

dads400ex

400exRacerX
01-15-2002, 08:06 PM
Well I found this out the hard way,,,, I put the lug nuts on my new douglas beadlock rims taper side first and when I went to take the timrs off they were stuck on the studs. I had a **** of a time getting those wheels off. I was beating them with a rubber mallet for a good 15 mintues until I got them all off. I just use the stock lugs backwards and it works fine, although i just recently made one of my stock lugs go from a hex shaped nut to a round nut because of not paying attention with the impact gun.....oops!

01-16-2002, 05:36 AM
When you flip your lugs around put a washer between the wheel and the nut

AMJ

moto93
01-16-2002, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by AIRTIME88
When you flip your lugs around put a washer between the wheel and the nut

AMJ

Yea, what he said!