PDA

View Full Version : Hatfield/McCoy trail system

01-15-2002, 12:03 PM
Who wants to go this year????

I believe Knighttime and VWVR6 are goin with some other buddies and I plan on goin too,,but if it's in anybodies nieghborhood stop on by or if ya always wanted to go then lets get a date set..

Heres a link to their webpage...http://www.trailsheaven.com/

If I plan one more ATV trip this year I think my girlfriend is gonna divorce me??:eek:

knighttime
01-15-2002, 01:53 PM
I think we should go in the spring. We'll have to make sure we dont interfere with Strykers Turkey Bay ride.

Also dont worry bout your gf, we'll just pick up some ho's in good ole West Virginia.:D :eek: :blah

01-15-2002, 02:01 PM
Anytime after april would be great for me,,,I'll be goin to the turkey bay get together and there's GNC national race the following weekend,,then the following weekend I'll be tryin to find my butt, cuz I'm sure it will be draggin about 3 days behind me.:D

And I guess we could find some WV fluzzies..:eek:

knighttime
01-15-2002, 02:16 PM
Turkey Bay sounds good. I wonder how far it is from Pittsburgh/Butler Pa. Stryker can u help since u r the turkey bay ride coordinator?

Maybe Eric VWVR6 can make a date for the hatfield mccoy ride. Heck he might as well become the coordinator for the ride.

01-15-2002, 02:29 PM
Well it will take me at least 3 1/2 hours of driving to get to turkey bay,,so if you know how long it would be to get to louisville then you got a pretty good idea. I'd say to long of a road trip,,unless you all like them long trips......

Eric would be a fine canidate for being a cordinator I think,,just no hienikens while making decisions..:eek:

MOFO
01-15-2002, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Rico
Well it will take me at least 3 1/2 hours of driving to get to turkey bay,,so if you know how long it would be to get to louisville then you got a pretty good idea. I'd say to long of a road trip,,unless you all like them long trips......

Eric would be a fine canidate for being a cordinator I think,,just no hienikens while making decisions..:eek:

(looks down at my hand...see's heineken.....DAMN, I cant make any decisions today) LOL.....

Yea, I was talking with a few guys that went with us last year.... we would like to set a date before the hot summer months hit.... maybe sometime in early June....

Eric

EXtreme-
01-15-2002, 03:06 PM
You guys will love it down there...some of the most hair-raising, butt-puckering riding that you'll ever encounter! There are hillclimbs that you won't want to go down...let alone go up! Many-a-times I shook in my boots :eek: Word of advise...don't take the women on the trails unless they can reeeeeeally ride. Some of the trails lead right into the clouds :D ...it's pretty cool. We had a guy from New York send us a great story with a bunch of pics of the area.... Hatfield McCoy (http://www.paatving.com/tourism.asp)

MOFO
01-15-2002, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by EXtreme-
You guys will love it down there...some of the most hair-raising, butt-puckering riding that you'll ever encounter! There are hillclimbs that you won't want to go down...let alone go up! Many-a-times I shook in my boots :eek: Word of advise...don't take the women on the trails unless they can reeeeeeally ride. Some of the trails lead right into the clouds :D ...it's pretty cool. We had a guy from New York send us a great story with a bunch of pics of the area.... Hatfield McCoy (http://www.paatving.com/tourism.asp)

Yep, its a place that I WILL go ATLEAST once a year....no matter what.

Steve, would you be interested in going down once we get a date set?

Eric

004exkid
01-15-2002, 03:18 PM
I would like to ride there this summer and I was wondering if there are any hotels or campgrounds where you can ride to the trailheads. I would like to find a place with at least showers that Is close enough you dont have to trailer. Anyone know of any places like that ? thanks

knighttime
01-15-2002, 05:53 PM
I think hatfield mccoy has a place for tents, rv's, etc. I also heard they have a shower facility. Check out their web site.

Ok now it's official. VWVR6 is the Hatfield McCoy Trail riding coordinator

Wooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooo

(u better change your message above your avatar)

01-16-2002, 07:35 AM
ANY QUESTIONS, ON HATFIELD MCCOY, GLAD TO BE OF HELP, I KNOW THOSE TRAILS LIKE MY OWN BACK YARD, EXECPT FOR BUFFALO MOUNTAIN AREA

knighttime
01-16-2002, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by brokeitin2
ANY QUESTIONS, ON HATFIELD MCCOY, GLAD TO BE OF HELP, I KNOW THOSE TRAILS LIKE MY OWN BACK YARD, EXECPT FOR BUFFALO MOUNTAIN AREA

Ok what's up with the Buffalo Mountain Area. All I can picture now is scenes from Deliverance.:eek: :confused:

I guess I better take my bow and some broadheads for the ride.

MOFO
01-16-2002, 11:31 AM
Ummmm....I aint being no damn coordinator! ;) How about we pick a date, post it and whoever wants to go can go... That sounds good for me...LOL.

ok, ok....I will be in charge of bumping up the thread every so often when it falls down... How's that for being a coordinator... :D

Eric

upstate rider
01-16-2002, 03:22 PM
I would like to try it with my son this summer , he's 12 yrs old but rides and jumps pretty good for his age and doesn't fear much. Do you think it would be to aggressive for him ? Most of the photos I saw didn't look that aggressive . Also is there a limited amount of permits per day / weekend ? Is it wise to book ahead ?

MOFO
01-16-2002, 07:07 PM
Ok, I was out tonight talking with a few of the guys I ride with and we've come up with a date to throw around. We're thinking the very last weekend in June. (28,29,30....fri,sat,sun) Anyone who is interested, toss that date around and see what happens. We are probably going to stay at the same state camp ground that we stayed at last time. Only 10 min away from the trail head. Very nice setups for RV's/campers. I'll dig up the info on which trail head and camp site.

Eric

EXtreme-
01-16-2002, 08:32 PM
Upstate,
You might consider staying off the "black" trails....they are the ugly ones that can get you into trouble. There aren't any pics of them on that page....they musta chickened out on the blacks...lol. There isn't a limit on passes...you can pick em up at the local stores or at the trailhead offices after 8am. The most we saw on a nice day was about 150 machines. The place is sooo vast, that you're lucky to see another human throughout the day!

Sounds like VW is talking about Chief Logan state park. Didn't stay there, but now wish I would have.

MOFO
01-17-2002, 05:11 AM
Yep, thats it Steve.....Cheif Logan state park. Very nice camp ground.... I'd recommend it to anyone down there.

Eric

Taco
01-17-2002, 06:24 PM
hrmmm I wanna go please please please

MOFO
01-18-2002, 05:51 AM
Originally posted by Tacostrk
hrmmm I wanna go please please please

Anyone and everyone is welcome on this ride. :D

Eric

Taco
01-18-2002, 03:07 PM
sweet deal if you need me to help out in anyway I only live about an hour and a half away. Just wondering are you allowed to consume alcoholic beverages at Chief Logan State park? What about campfires?

MOFO
01-18-2002, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by Tacostrk
sweet deal if you need me to help out in anyway I only live about an hour and a half away. Just wondering are you allowed to consume alcoholic beverages at Chief Logan State park? What about campfires?

Campfires are allowed as long as you use the fire pit and dont get too crazy with it. (Hint, hint...dont put me in charge of the fire ;) ) As for the consumption of alcohol, they do state your not allowed..... when we where there, we just made mixed drinks (ie Capt'n & Coke, Screwdrivers....etc) As long as you dont get out of control and keep up the whole campsite, and are of age, they shouldnt give you any problems. The people that run the place are very laid back....nice people.

Eric

barbwire44
01-19-2002, 08:45 AM
So you're saying more or less that you will provide alcohol and bartend!..........eric you the man!!!!!!!!!!!:D

MOFO
01-21-2002, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by barbwire44
So you're saying more or less that you will provide alcohol and bartend!..........eric you the man!!!!!!!!!!!:D

LOL....well, I guess I could be...

The reason I said we drank those drinks is because it doesnt look like a beer bottle. Cant tell what we were drinking....

Eric

01-21-2002, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by VWVR6
The reason I said we drank those drinks is because it doesnt look like a beer bottle. Cant tell what we were drinking....

Eric

I'll try and round up some good KY moonshine for you ladies.:eek:

Heck I'll keep it on me at all times,,that way if somebody runs out of gas we can pour it in the gas tank and get back to camp.:D

Taco
01-23-2002, 06:57 PM
bump

MOFO
01-28-2002, 10:59 AM
Update:

Looks like we are locking in the dates for the ride. They are the same dates as I posted above...the very last weekend in June. I'll post times and meeting places as we figure them out.

Eric

upstate rider
01-28-2002, 03:26 PM
Just received Hatfield/McCoy trails pamphlet in the mail. I was looking it over and found ATV operator must meet manufacturers' minimum age requirements. The adult supervision is required for those under 16 is not a problem , but my son is 12 and his 250ex has no one under 16 on it. Is this rule enforced ? Coming from NY is along way to turn around and go back home.

EXtreme-
01-28-2002, 11:53 PM
Not really, they're so laid back down there, it's rediculous! The rangers are super friendly and love the tourism from all across the US. They just want your money for the 3day pass......you got that, and there's no problems!

Taco
01-29-2002, 07:15 AM
Do you all have campsites reserved? price?

upstate rider
01-30-2002, 02:46 AM
EXtreme , thanks my son will be happy .

buckeye400ex
01-30-2002, 09:40 PM
I just posted some pictures on my picture page from an H/M trip I took earlier this month. The snow slowed me down a little bit, but the EX was still able navigate all the black trails on Sunday when things started to melt off a little.
Check em out. I got my yearly permit, so I may be making more trips down there.

Taco
02-05-2002, 06:25 AM
VWVR6 i thought you was in charge of bumping this thread?

MOFO
02-05-2002, 06:38 AM
LOL, my bad. I was hoping to have some info to post about the camp sites.......

Eric

CranMan
02-05-2002, 07:06 AM
so are you guys planning on going at the end of june still? Anybody going up there any earlier? I'm thinking end of april/may time frame.

knighttime
02-06-2002, 01:05 PM
Bump

Taco
02-06-2002, 07:29 PM
so how many people we got going? I know at least me and i will prob bring a bud.

upstate rider
02-07-2002, 02:53 AM
Looks Ok for me

waloud
02-07-2002, 11:42 PM
what kind of drive is it from louisville, ky? like to go, but i work night shift. if it stays at the end of june theres a good chance of making it.

MOFO
02-08-2002, 05:43 AM
From where Rico lives its around 4-5 hours I guess. Look like we might get a good sized group. I'll probably have around 6-8 people with me.

Eric

BIG ORANGE
02-08-2002, 06:01 AM
FYI: There is a campground at the Dinguss Run Trailhead where you can ride from the CG directly to the trails. It has a shower/bathroom building and a store just down the street.

You still will need to trailer your ATV's to the other trailheads - @ 10 minutes to Man, WV and @ 35 min to Buffalo MTN.

02-08-2002, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by waloud
what kind of drive is it from louisville, ky? like to go, but i work night shift. if it stays at the end of june theres a good chance of making it.

It's 295 miles from Louisville,,which is gonna be a 5 hour drive minimun I think,,,if your thinkin about goin,,let me know I think were gonna rent a big van and pull a trailer,,should be room fer ya..dude...your more than welcome to hitch a ride with us.

waloud
02-08-2002, 12:39 PM
I'll get back with you on that. I might have a couple of riders with me. It all depends on the dates.

MOFO
02-08-2002, 01:20 PM
I just spoke with some people we are going down with today. Dates are still looking very good for June 28,29,30th.... As a matter of fact, I am turning in my vacation e-mail to get that friday off.....so.....I'd say its safe to say those dates are the ones... :D

Eric

02-08-2002, 02:15 PM
I just spoke with some people we are going down with today. Dates are still looking very good for June 28,29,30th.... As a matter of fact, I am turning in my vacation e-mail to get that friday off.....so.....I'd say its safe to say those dates are the ones... :D

Eric

That's a big 10-4 good buddy,,,I already got approved on the vacation day for that friday..woo hooo.
Am I still in charge of pickin up a couple local fluzzies for knighttime???:eek:

upstate rider
02-08-2002, 03:19 PM
Wanted to pass this on.Dirt Week
Nine Day
Trail Riding Event!

Wenonah, NJ - The first ever nine-day trail-riding event in the country for ATVs and MOTORCYCLES will happen on the east coast. Sports in the Rough!, a recognized event promoter in the four-wheel drive world, will hold Dirt Week on June 15, 2002 through June 23, 2002 at the Hatfield McCoy Trails in southern West Virginia.
Trail riding enthusiasts will have plenty to keep them busy for nine days. Besides riding the best trail system on the east with 300 miles of mild to wild trails, participants can tour the local towns on their ATV or motorcycle and experience southern West Virginian hospitality. Big prizes will be awarded to first, second and third place for three poker runs, an ATV rodeo and the first-ever World Wheelie Championship.
The cost is $58 per adult, $38 for children under 12. Register early because after May15th the price increases to $68 and $48. Trail permits for the nine event days, all the event activities plus six all-you-can-eat meals - three breakfasts and three dinners and live entertainment are included in the price. Camping is offered at event headquarters or stay at an area hotel.
Visit www.sportsintherough.com, email dirtweek@sportsintherough.com or call 800-556-2801for the details. A must for any trail rider.

MOFO
02-08-2002, 04:30 PM

That's a big 10-4 good buddy,,,I already got approved on the vacation day for that friday..woo hooo.
Am I still in charge of pickin up a couple local fluzzies for knighttime???:eek:

LOL yep..... they have to be very "local" fluzzies though.... rumor has it you also have a "chapter" down in WV as well, so I guess you can use your own women.... :D

Eric

Tommy 17
02-09-2002, 05:21 PM
hey rico the race may be on bc i have been talkin to my dad and i almost have him talked into us driving down on the 28th me riding with yinz guyz that day and then leave straight from there 2 michigan... so i mayb goin i can't say for sure yet... and guess what its the day after my big old 17th birthday:D ....

redzoomer
02-10-2002, 06:40 AM
Man I see from the ad about dirt week someone is making some serious jack off riders! $58 bucks??? Trailfest was $48 dollars and most of the folks I talked to and all the people that I went with didn't even eat that food. (couldn't eat that food) Just give me a weekend when its nice and calm.... I' ll ride for $25 duckies and love every minute of it!! Still going May 16-19 CYA

speakerboy
02-10-2002, 07:31 PM
I went to Logan, WV in late May and it was wonderful! We hooked up with a local guy that rides so much he puts new tires on his honda every year, he took us places off the trails and man it was awesome. If you can hook up with a local do it! Also note, spread the wealth, spend some cash in these towns! If you can get 22 inch tires on before you go do it because my 20 in holeshots left me on my skid plate a few times with my tires hanging in the air, sucks when its straight up to heaven in front of you and feels like it's a L O N G way down backwards, by my GPS one climb was 1600 ft all in one shot! Needless to say we went back in october! Also ride into MATEWAN and do lunch the people in that town are really friendly and helpful!

MOFO
02-11-2002, 11:49 AM
"bump skinny bump bump" - what song does this sound like?? A free "pat on the back" for the correct answer....

knighttime
02-11-2002, 11:59 AM
Is it a song by poison?

MOFO
02-11-2002, 12:03 PM
Yep.... you just won yourself a free "pat on the back" she/he will be sent over to your house so you can wear she/he (aka PAT) on your back. LOL!

Eric

400exRacerX
02-13-2002, 02:43 PM
I wanna go really bad too, but this place is 10 hours away from me:mad: . I think I can still go though, BTW do you need a spark arrestor? And is there any width requirements?

BIG ORANGE
02-13-2002, 03:06 PM
Here is the link for Hatfield McCoy Trails http://www.trailsheaven.com/

I believe that there is a 50" width max requirement, I'm not sure about spark arrestors.

Is this planned trip a Men Only ride or can we bring our own FLUZZIES?? :D :p :cool:

02-13-2002, 03:30 PM
Bring em on,,,all fluzzies welcome...:D :D

Just keep them away from knighttime..:eek:

MOFO
02-13-2002, 03:56 PM
LOL, yea a few guys will be bringing their wifes....some of them ride and some of them will just hang out at camp.

Eric

Taco
02-17-2002, 12:01 PM
come one come all

bump:devil

Taco
02-20-2002, 06:33 PM
bump

Richmond4x4
02-24-2002, 01:59 PM
is there ne mud there?

02-27-2002, 11:40 AM
I might need to hook up with some people also for this trip,,all my brain dead hoosier buddies are backin out of every damn trip planned this year,,,I'm gettin pretty P. O. ed over all this backen out crap. So if any of you planning on goin that live around louisville let me know..

02-27-2002, 01:13 PM
HEY GUYS, I JUST GOT A FLYER IN THE MAIL TELLING ABOUT DIRT WEEK AT H/M TRAILS THE 3RD WEEK OF JUNE! ME AND MY OLE LADY WILL FOR SURE BE MAKING THAT TRIP. 9 DAYS OF MUDDIN AND PARTYIN, WHAT COULD BE BETTER. OH IF YOU WANT TO CHECK OUT THE DETAILS ITS AT WWW.SPORTSINTHEROUGH.COM JUST CLICK ON THE EVENTS AND SCROLL DOWN TO JUNE-DIRT WEEK! JUST THOUGHT YOU MIGHT WANT TO KNOW.

Taco
02-27-2002, 07:08 PM
I might need to hook up with some people also for this trip,,all my brain dead hoosier buddies are backin out of every damn trip planned this year,,,I'm gettin pretty P. O. ed over all this backen out crap. So if any of you planning on goin that live around louisville let me know..

If you want i'll meet up with ya for part of the drive there. I'm right on I-64 second exit once you get to WV.

02-28-2002, 10:03 AM
sounds good taco,,,I'll probably be solo I think,,but who knows maybe I'll get with somebody,,,we'll meet up if anything half way.

MOFO
03-06-2002, 05:56 AM
Bump. Rico...what is your update on this??

Eric

03-06-2002, 07:21 AM
The update is I still have a bunch of loser brain dead friends that couldn't find there buttholes with a funnel. I'll either be solo or try and get 1 or 2 other members close to me to meet up or something...I really wanna be there so I'm gonna figure out something...there is light at the end of the tunnel i think.. :(

Taco
03-06-2002, 07:02 PM
Dangit Rico your going if i (god forbid) have to drive to KY myself and get your sorry butt.

knighttime
03-07-2002, 07:37 AM
u gotta go

03-07-2002, 08:21 AM
Well I've even thought about askin my old man,,he's got a honda 300 2x4,,really cool dude that likes to drink beer,,but I don't know if he would be up for 3 days of riding,,cuttin into his drinkin time if ya know what I mean,,,he even has a beer holder mounted on his front fenders,,LMAO,,he kills me.

But anywho,,,yeah I've put in for the vacation and I really plan on bein there,,even if I do drive up alone,,drove many places by myself,,all the way to colorado and back in 4 days,,so no biggy driven alone,,I would like ta have roady though,,,,I'd say there's a 85% chance I'll be there..:D

Heck I can still meet up with taco,,on I-64 if I need too..:cool:

Taco
03-07-2002, 06:48 PM
OH yea are there any 4x4s going? I gotta big ole buddy with a Wolverine who wants to go but doesnt want left in the dust. Plus its always nice to have a 4x4 to pull your butt out of a hole.

MOFO
03-08-2002, 06:54 AM
There might be 1 or 2 new Grizzly 660's.....so, yes....there might be a few 4x4's going. When they take the Grizzly's it just modivates me to get stuck so they can yank me out. Who needs reverse when your buddy's have 4x4 and a winch... :D

Eric

Scott
03-08-2002, 07:06 AM
Yeah VWVR6, we saw the "big hole" you were stuck in with the winch hooked to you.

I think 4punks posted a pic of his boys riding through that same spot on their mighty machines.

MOFO
03-08-2002, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by Scott
Yeah VWVR6, we saw the "big hole" you were stuck in with the winch hooked to you.

I think 4punks posted a pic of his boys riding through that same spot on their mighty machines.

I guess I'll never live that photo down (thanks Mike!). :D It was a very unique situation that got me there.... :confused:

Eric

03-08-2002, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by Scott

LMAO,,,now that's funny,,,,,Eric,,looks like you need to be on the look out for a payback to Mike...:D

Taco
03-08-2002, 07:57 AM
:mental note: must bring digital camera with me to Hatfield McCoy

hehe

MOFO
03-08-2002, 08:23 AM

LMAO,,,now that's funny,,,,,Eric,,looks like you need to be on the look out for a payback to Mike...:D

Oh, there will be payback... it will be best when he doesnt even know about the pic until he see's it on here. :D

Eric

knighttime
03-08-2002, 09:09 AM
:huh

Scott
03-08-2002, 09:18 AM
WHo Dat???

Ohhh, We know who dat.

Hey did you guys notice the tread on those tires? The tread pattern looked like this: VWVR

And I think that seat cover says vwvr6 if you look real close.

MOFO
03-08-2002, 10:18 AM
Mike....you're going down! :devil

knighttime
03-08-2002, 12:12 PM
Mike....you're going down! :devil

:eek: :confused: :eek: :confused: :eek: :confused:

03-08-2002, 12:57 PM
LMAO....:D :D ,,,,,Oh boy,,things are heatin up..:blah

MOFO
03-08-2002, 01:11 PM
"heatin up" does not describe it. That mofo is gonna think he's on the 11 o'clock news every time he rides...cameras ALL over the place. LOL!! :D

knighttime
03-08-2002, 04:04 PM
:confused:

You better use high-speed film.:eek:

:cool: :cool: :cool:

:blah

knighttime
03-19-2002, 09:35 AM
BUMP

monkeyboy
05-19-2003, 08:47 AM
i c u guyz at da mountans OK

we leevin on tursdaay. :)

Taco
05-19-2003, 01:17 PM
Holy crap this is an old post.

monkeyboy
05-19-2003, 01:20 PM
tacos u STFU ok:bandit:

nobodee ax u wat u no an u awayz gottta b a smartee briches..:grr an win u cee red u tale him ez got 1 hella *** kikkin comin from da mocho man:mad: :macho :mad:

anywhereEx
05-19-2003, 01:24 PM
dat somb!tch is crazy

monkeyboy
05-19-2003, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by anywhereEx
dat somb!tch is crazy

WTF u talkkin 2:mad: :scary:

anywhereEx
05-19-2003, 02:25 PM
monkeyboy

MOFO
05-20-2003, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by monkeyboy
i c u guyz at da mountans OK

we leevin on tursdaay. :)

monkey, I'll be down there on Friday... just look for the truck.

Its about time that this trip goes on... looks like we've been planning it for years now... LMAO!

05-20-2003, 02:12 AM
monkey, I'll be down there on Friday... just look for the truck.

Its about time that this trip goes on... looks like we've been planning it for years now... LMAO!

I think monkey is leavin this thursday to go.....LMFAO

dont go yet numbnutz it's not till July..:confused2

MOFO
05-20-2003, 02:26 AM
I think monkey is leavin this thursday to go.....LMFAO

dont go yet numbnutz it's not till July..:confused2

yea we know...I figured I would meet those crazy SOB's anyways... I got nothing to do this weekend.... :devil

red
05-20-2003, 08:40 AM
well monkey if you have to kick my *** then that is what u have to do for whatever reason i have no idea, but if it will make u feel better then so be it.:confused2

monkeyboy
05-20-2003, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by red
well monkey if you have to kick my *** then that is what u have to do for whatever reason i have no idea, but if it will make u feel better then so be it.:confused2

maabee we sit donw an hav greeen smocks an c wat we kan do bout u nott gettin *** kikked off:tired: pappys tale me u goood guyz butt i tink u mite neeed a goood ol fashon *** kikkin:mad: :grr i tink bout it an lett u no ok:macho

Pappy
05-20-2003, 08:54 AM
lmfao...YOU MADE ME SPIT OUT MY FRUITY PEEbLES:mad: :macho

red
05-20-2003, 06:35 PM
well that is mighty nice of u there monkey to consider not kickin my ***.:cool:

monkeyboy
05-21-2003, 06:25 AM
affter gittin verry meeen PM frum yer buddee tacos iv de cidid 2 go on an kikk u azzz red:mad:

05-21-2003, 06:44 AM
Red you better sweet talk this crazy SOB a little more is all i can tell ya.:eek: :huh :bandit:

XANDADA
05-21-2003, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by monkeyboy
affter gittin verry meeen PM frum yer buddee tacos iv de cidid 2 go on an kikk u azzz red:mad:

All that anger and frustration 24/7, someone get this kid laid already! :devil

Maybe at next Hatfield ride Rico will take ya into the town saloon and buy ya a "drink"...:rolleyes: :eek:

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/attachment.php?s=&postid=560336
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/attachment.php?s=&postid=560334

red
05-21-2003, 08:51 AM
well monkey if you kick my *** for something that taco said then i guess i will just have to go and kick tacos *** when u are done with me.:macho

05-22-2003, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by red
well monkey if you kick my *** for something that taco said then i guess i will just have to go and kick tacos *** when u are done with me.:macho

Sounds like a good deal to me...I'll help ya kick tacos *** if ya want me too...:uhoh: :mad:

Taco
05-22-2003, 01:01 AM
Just remember I got the Urban Legend on my side:devil

AtvMxRider
05-22-2003, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by Taco
Just remember I got the Urban Legend on my side:devil

Taco's the one on the left.........;)

05-22-2003, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
Taco's the one on the left.........;)

well I don't know which is which and I also know I'm not a veteranerian but i know a couple horses ***'s when i see em.....:eek: :macho

UglyMotha™
05-22-2003, 09:13 AM
well I don't know which is which and I also know I'm not a veteranerian but i know a couple horses ***'s when i see em.....:eek: :macho

i've heard that quote somewhere else:eek:

but i can't remember oh well;)

:p

AtvMxRider
05-22-2003, 09:24 AM

Oh chit LMAO.....

05-22-2003, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
Oh chit LMAO.....

You'll be at the next HM ride in July won't ya??????????

AtvMxRider
05-22-2003, 09:34 AM
You'll be at the next HM ride in July won't ya??????????

I'm shooting for the one in sept. If all goes as planned I will be there.

MOFO
08-05-2004, 08:01 PM
Holy crap this is an old post.

Taco
11-18-2004, 11:34 AM
bumpity bump bump:D

Motoman440
11-18-2004, 02:10 PM
Why you bumpin this thread???:huh

Taco
11-18-2004, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Motoman440
Why you bumpin this thread???:huh go take your metamucil and don't worry about it old man:blah:

sharkinthepool
11-18-2004, 02:26 PM
Yeah I would like to go!!! I will most likely bring 300hondamx with me too!

Motoman440
11-18-2004, 02:28 PM
go take your metamucil and don't worry about it old man:blah: :grr: :mad: :grr: :cuss:

k2-dawg
11-19-2004, 12:25 PM
***yawn stretch*** Anywhere else to ride, kinda tired of H/M.......

300hondamx
01-23-2005, 03:03 PM
Hey everyone .... When are u guys planning this .... give a date and i will be there when you all say...and were is this at..

bradley300
01-23-2005, 03:48 PM
look in the where to rie forum, i have a new thread titled 2005 hatfield ride

blk05_450r
01-23-2005, 09:29 PM
COUNT ME IN. I'm down YONDER SOUTH in chattanooga...about a 7 hour drive from here...I will be bring about 4 folks with me, and alot of liquor. don't know about my FluZZie. If anyone wants to hook up on the way, let me know, i checked mapquest, I come through part of kentucky, and my NC to i think. Also, anyone want to join me at the free camping weekend at windrock this coming weekend ??? I'm going up fri afternoon and leaving sunday...take 3 or 4 guys with me....gimmmmme some feedback....

:devil: :macho :mad: :scary:

blk05_450r
01-23-2005, 09:33 PM
I read the first several pages, but not the last few...is the date still set june 28, 29, and 30 ????

blk05_450r
01-24-2005, 01:07 PM
bump bump bump

bradley300
01-24-2005, 02:53 PM
the dates have not been set yet, i will wait about 3 more weeks before setting a dat. i am trying to get lots of input from everyone on the best date so if there is a date you would prefer, post it in that thread;)

blk05_450r
01-24-2005, 02:57 PM
Earlier in this thread, they set the dates for June 28, 29, and 30th....for a ride earlier than the one you were setting up...i think ? Weren't you talking about maybe the weekend after the 4th of July ???

bradley300
01-24-2005, 04:36 PM
that weekend is out thanks to others input, but there are a few other weekends people have mentioned

blk05_450r
01-24-2005, 05:39 PM
ok...im up for any fri, sat, and sunday...just keep it posted. why is no one talking on this thread anymore ???:(

bradley300
01-24-2005, 06:23 PM
this thread is 2 years old;)

blk05_450r
01-24-2005, 08:39 PM
woa, hahaha. no wonder it said 2003 :o wow i feel like an idiot, i thought it was just started recently :rolleyes: :confused:

UglyMotha™
01-25-2005, 06:28 AM
i thought it was funny :o

bradley300
01-25-2005, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by blk05_450r
woa, hahaha. no wonder it said 2003 :o wow i feel like an idiot, i thought it was just started recently :rolleyes: :confused:

lol

MI_CDALE_Rider
01-29-2005, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by brokeitin2

Hi brokitin2.. Some friends and I are planning a May 5-7 trip to WV and are considering the Hatfield McCoy trails. We are going to be traveling with a large 5th wheel trailer/camper/quad hauler
so we are looking for area's to camp withthis type trailer on the Hatfield-McCoy any suggestions?

Are there trail maps available on the internet, I see several members posting about riding on trail # x so it appears to be a well planned trail system.

What trails would you suggest we try? We are four total, three quad riders with myself and another being expereinced cross country racers, one on a utility quad rider, and one on a dirt bike.

Any special items we might need other than rain grear? What about permits for the quads/bike are they required and if so where do you purchase them from?

Thanks in advance!!!

Ken :cool:

bradley300
01-29-2005, 10:18 AM
go to yahoo or google and search for the cheif logan state park. its where we camp. plenty of spots to park and its cheap. i would suggest. to get there, take 119 south out of charelston WV and in about 45 minutes or an hour, you will see the water ways trail head. this was my favorite of all the trail heads. i suggest you stop and ride that trail head on your way down, its a bout 35 minuts away from the other trailheads. keep goin south and you'll see signs to turn left towards the campground. campground is on your right, pass it up and look for signs that will direct you towards the other trails.

Rockhouse trails- wide open and easy
Bear wallow-just like rockhouse, but lots of rocks
Water ways- good trails, nice hillclimbs on some of them generaly tighter than the other trails, but not quite gncc, a 50 inch mx quad would still do fine.

i know i'm forgeting one

MI_CDALE_Rider
01-30-2005, 06:06 AM
Originally posted by bradley300
go to yahoo or google and search for the cheif logan state park. its where we camp. plenty of spots to park and its cheap. i would suggest. to get there, take 119 south out of charelston WV and in about 45 minutes or an hour, you will see the water ways trail head. this was my favorite of all the trail heads. i suggest you stop and ride that trail head on your way down, its a bout 35 minuts away from the other trailheads. keep goin south and you'll see signs to turn left towards the campground. campground is on your right, pass it up and look for signs that will direct you towards the other trails.

Rockhouse trails- wide open and easy
Bear wallow-just like rockhouse, but lots of rocks
Water ways- good trails, nice hillclimbs on some of them generaly tighter than the other trails, but not quite gncc, a 50 inch mx quad would still do fine.

i know i'm forgeting one

bradley300 thanks for the info we all apreciate it! How about permits do you have info on that?

Rico
01-30-2005, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by MI_CDALE_Rider
bradley300 thanks for the info we all apreciate it! How about permits do you have info on that?

YOu guys should just hold off and come to the ride we're planning in July. We reserve enough camping areas for everyone, including full hook ups for trailers.

You get a 3 -7 day permit for $37 and you have to have one.

Cheif loga is dead center of all the trail heads and the farthest drivce you'll have is 25 minutes to rockhouse, bear wallow is about 15 minutes, and water ways is about 30 minutes.

Maps are at the trail heads and I HIGHLY recommend you taking a couple with you.

Pappy
01-30-2005, 07:13 AM
is it officially july :confused:

ive been too busy to keep track of the ride dates:(

gsettle081
01-30-2005, 12:25 PM
Ok Guys here are some websites to help you. WE are riding October 2-5, 2005. Let us know ANYTIME you guys are riding in West Virginia. Most of the time I can't get up there, but If things work out maybe we can join you some time.

This link is a GOOd friend of mine that has a trailhouse in West Virginia. Lisa is good people.

Browning Trailhouse fork (http://www.browningforktrailhouse.com/)

this link is the main page for the Hatfield and McCoy trails
http://www.trailsheaven.com/

MI_CDALE_Rider
01-30-2005, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by gsettle081
Ok Guys here are some websites to help you. WE are riding October 2-5, 2005. Let us know ANYTIME you guys are riding in West Virginia. Most of the time I can't get up there, but If things work out maybe we can join you some time.

This link is a GOOd friend of mine that has a trailhouse in West Virginia. Lisa is good people.

Browning Trailhouse fork (http://www.browningforktrailhouse.com/)

this link is the main page for the Hatfield and McCoy trails
http://www.trailsheaven.com/

Thanksgsettle081 those are great links, now we have the info we need to make this a great trip!
:)

bradley300
01-30-2005, 02:52 PM

got it in the mail today actually, you can buy your ride permits at any trailhead and the are
19.00 for 1 day
37.00 for 3-7 days
26.50 for in-state annual pass
79.50 for out of state annual pass

bradley300
01-30-2005, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
is it officially july :confused:

ive been too busy to keep track of the ride dates:(

no set dates yet, but july sometime is looking like the most popular. pappy, post in my other thread if theres a certain date you would like or dis like. got about 3 weeks left of input and we will be setting a date in stone

MI_CDALE_Rider
01-30-2005, 02:55 PM
Thanks not too bad for us vistors lol I can live with $37

:D

littleugly03
02-05-2005, 07:25 AM
they whole ugly family is comming and my brother that has only been there 2 years ago will be there this year and he is haveing some friends come with them.;)

blk05_450r
02-05-2005, 08:02 AM
Don't forget us....i'm bringing a few up from Chattanooga, TN !! Just waiting to see the dates. Anyone know an estimate on some costs ???

littleugly03
02-05-2005, 09:56 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

$75 Annual Out of State
$25 Annual In-state
$37 3-7 Day Permit
Please Specify Dates (for 7-day permit)
to
example of consecutive dates: 08/25/2004 08/30/2004
$19 1-Day

here is what it is now.
:p

bearman02
02-11-2005, 01:08 PM
Thanksgsettle081 those are great links, now we have the info we need to make this a great trip!
:) You guys may want to check with h/m office about the bearwallow trail system ,due to mining activity about half of bearwallow was shut down,not sure if they have them opened back up yet.

balls2da-wall
02-11-2005, 01:52 PM
We will be there filming for sure...im looking at cabins right now, one cabin holds 8 people and there are only 4 of us going so if anyone would like to share a cabin with a bunch of no good students they are more than welcome...its 125$ a night so if there was 8 people it would make it 15.?? a night! Just PM me.