PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone running District 7 at Tomahawk on 7/13 in WV????

YLW400
07-08-2003, 12:40 AM
Is anyone from here going ?

YLW400
07-08-2003, 05:04 AM
:ermm:

noone?

YLW400
07-09-2003, 12:52 AM
Well, if noone else shows up.....I'll get first place!!:D

Taco
07-09-2003, 01:11 AM
I doubt that:D

YLW400
07-09-2003, 03:21 AM
Your probably right Taco....I'll get a DNF....lmao:p

YLW400
07-10-2003, 03:16 AM
:ermm:

YLW400
07-12-2003, 10:41 AM
:uhoh: :muscle: :bandit:

250rmike
07-14-2003, 05:51 AM
hey my bike is all back together havent started it up yet but i might make it to the race ill talk it over with my dad. ill let ya know in a few days.

YLW400
07-14-2003, 10:56 AM
There is a D-7 race at Budds in like 2 weeks, you oughta come over to that one.

12gofast
07-14-2003, 04:35 PM
Hey YLW were you anywhere close when my accident occured? I need some insight on it.
Thanks

250rmike
07-14-2003, 05:03 PM
im gonna try to make it. whats the date for that weekend so i dont make any plans and take off from work

YLW400
07-15-2003, 12:56 AM
I have no clue how I missed it....It was in the first turn, right? I was lined up right behind of you on the gate, remember? I would like to know what in the heck happened to me too....lmao How did you do in the 2nd heat?

Then next race is at Budds...it is 7/27

the next race at Tomahawk is 8/24

250rmike
07-15-2003, 04:55 AM
cool ill try to make it.

12gofast
07-15-2003, 05:27 AM
I am talking about my crash in the 2nd moto....it happened in the begining of the 4th lap right before the first tabletop. I was being held up by a slower rider as he kept blocking me. I finally made it underneath him in the berm then he just ran into the side of me. I highsided and was pounded by the quad and spent half the day in the hospital Monday getting X-rays and tests.
The guy was Jeremy Brandwein the D7 quad rep, and let me tell you that guy has no business on the race track. He blocked me for 2 complete laps as I watched the leaders run away. I avoided crashes with him numerous times, even in the rythm section he wouldnt jump anything, he would just look back at me, see where I was coming from and roll across the jumps in front of me.

He put on a good show for Chad who is thinking about not allowing quads to race MX there, and I feel the same way now. There were also some off track activities by the quad riders that also didnt help there cause of having more places to race.

There sure is a big difference between the MX and XC crowds.

Pappy
07-15-2003, 05:35 AM
Originally posted by 12gofast

There sure is a big difference between the MX and XC crowds.

you said a mouthful....but 100% the truth:grr:

YLW400
07-15-2003, 05:39 AM
Uh oh........Man I am sorry about your spill....I didn't know about that. I was thinking about the tangle that you had in the 1st moto.....I didn't know anything about the crash you are talking about. Are you ok?? What were the other activities you are speaking of? I did notice people not picking up trash, we picked up crap that people beside of us left. I just hope people didn't screw it up for everyone..I had a good time. Be sure to tell Chad that for me.

YLW400
07-15-2003, 08:00 AM
Well, you can't base all MX quad riders off of a few jackasses :macho

12gofast
07-15-2003, 08:04 AM
That is true, but it is those few that ruin it for everyone.

And you surely don't want the district representative being one of those.

YLW400
07-15-2003, 08:08 AM
I don't think the he is very well liked from what I hear............

YLW400
07-15-2003, 09:55 AM
This is another thing...I am not sure how XC runs....like is it all quads when you all go? Honestly, I don't know, but I would say 99% of the MX races in D-7....quads are ALWAYS the last heat. This never helps the attitudes of quad riders...I am by no means taking up for any of the people you saw doing whatever it was they were doing Brian, but we (quad riders) get shat on basically at every race in some way or another. Like I said, I can't speak for XC, but in MX, we always get the short end of the stick. ALL of the tracks cater to dirtbikes, and it does get annoying. I don't really know what this has to do with anything, but I just wanted to voice it, since we are talking about District 7 here.

Delaware152
07-15-2003, 01:12 PM
YLW400 At the next race I will have a cordless impact in the 1st turn for you. I will practice tire changing pit stops between now &
then.

12gofast I was there also. What off track activities happened?

YLW400
07-15-2003, 01:25 PM
LMAO......Thanks alot Delaware152! Hopefully I won't need that anymore :D

250RXCrider
07-15-2003, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by YLW400
This is another thing...I am not sure how XC runs....like is it all quads when you all go? Honestly, I don't know, but I would say 99% of the MX races in D-7....quads are ALWAYS the last heat. This never helps the attitudes of quad riders...I am by no means taking up for any of the people you saw doing whatever it was they were doing Brian, but we (quad riders) get shat on basically at every race in some way or another. Like I said, I can't speak for XC, but in MX, we always get the short end of the stick. ALL of the tracks cater to dirtbikes, and it does get annoying. I don't really know what this has to do with anything, but I just wanted to voice it, since we are talking about District 7 here.

As a D7 XC rider, we are always running second to the dirtbikes. Normay the Sunday quad XC races do not even start until 3:00 o clock and that makes for a late Sunday night by the time you drive home and unpack all of your gear. Sorry, that is just my opinion.

12gofast
07-15-2003, 04:19 PM
As far as running last....it is a safety and time issue. If you notice while racing the turns become hard and slick. The bikes cannot race on a hard slick turn with no loose dirt unless they are flat trackers. There were 342 entries Sunday...40 were quads....so in the interest of safety and time the quads are the last 2 motos. The track has to be groomed after the quads, so this is the time constraint....instead of grooming the track twice per moto, we run the quads last.
I believe Chad went out of his way for the quads by grooming the track just for the quads the 2nd moto....notice how much less dust there was and how much easier it was to rail through the turns.

You need to come check out a harescramble....I think you would enjoy it. You show up, unload, register, race for 1.5 to 2 hours, get your trophy, and get home at a decent hour. We got about 30 minutes track time Sun for a 10 hour day...not including your drive home. With the harescramble you get to hit the MX track for about 6 laps, plus the run in the woods with about 75 quads at a D7 event.

YLW400
07-16-2003, 12:51 AM
Yea, I think the grooming thing threw people off right before the 2nd moto. I think we all just wanted to race, and get the heck home. It was cool that Chad wanted to groom the track, just not so late in the day, do you know what I mean? It was a VERY long day. I left Delaware at 4am, and didn't get home till around 12:45.

Delaware152
07-16-2003, 02:06 AM
I don't buy the safety & time issue. It was already stated that he
is not sure about racing quads in the future. It's mx, the track was
not in that bad of shape. I have raced on a lot worse. I think it was a good gesture but not at 6:30-7:00 b/f the last moto. He did
say quads will race first at the next race & I guess we will find out then.

Pappy
07-16-2003, 02:12 AM
Originally posted by YLW400
Yea, I think the grooming thing threw people off right before the 2nd moto. I think we all just wanted to race, and get the heck home. It was cool that Chad wanted to groom the track, just not so late in the day, do you know what I mean? It was a VERY long day. I left Delaware at 4am, and didn't get home till around 12:45.

all the tracks ive ever raced on the bikes took different lines then the quads anyway:confused:

YLW400
07-16-2003, 04:58 AM
I dont understand Pappy..:confused: Different lines on the track you mean? There were sections on the track that would not allow "different" lines due to about 3" of rain the night before the race. Some sections there are just narrow anyway.

Pappy
07-16-2003, 05:05 AM
if you watch the bike lines develop they arent near where the quads normally smooth out a corner. if so they normally swing a bit wide and make thier own line. as far as narrow areas....the bikes should have no trouble thier ....so i geuss im asking why work the track and hold everyone up:confused: i do understand the flat slick cornering tho.....but i havent ever seen it be a real problem for the bikes:ermm: i reckon ill just have to make the next one and see for myself:D

YLW400
07-16-2003, 05:12 AM
Come on down man :D It is a fun track to ride. I would assume the bikes would have more of a problem then the quads with the rutting anyway. I would much rather be in a rut on a quad rather then a bike anyday...lol We are racing first the next time? 12gofast, Delaware152? I didn't hear that, but I like the sounds of it. I think if anything we will pack everything down a bit for the bikes.

12gofast
07-16-2003, 05:13 AM
Sorry about some of the conditions of the track....we spent all day thur and fri pumping water out of that back section. The back is a little tight and we have plans for that.....we had the dozer in there until about midnight friday....we also had the supercross mess. We spent a lot of time building that, then had that downpour just before practice Sat night....it really sucked, especially since we had rented those 5 light plants and couldnt race and had to give everybodies money back.

Other than the back section....did you guys like the track.

YLW400
07-17-2003, 01:01 AM
I personally liked the track....spectators however don't really like it...lol But there is really nothing anyone can do about that...lol

Delaware152
07-17-2003, 01:27 AM
When I walked the track before practice I care much for it. Once I
started riding it was not bad. The woods section is ok except for the one tight area. It's obvious improvements are still being done & that is a positive thing. Do you know if there will be any changes for the next race.

YLW400
07-17-2003, 03:09 AM
Ummm, one change that will take place...My quad will NOT be mating in the first turn again :eek: :D

12gofast
07-17-2003, 04:31 AM
The one tight section in the back is not the original track....that was done Saturday because of how wet it is back there. If you noticed at the entrance off the asphalt road there was a bunch of new concrete culvert. That will be installed in the back for the stream that is running through there. The plan is to add a LOT of dirt back there, make it wider, with a tabletop there....should be good.

When building the track last year we were in a drought....when the rains came this spring we realized we made a couple of mistake.