PDA

View Full Version : Removing choke from carb??

ChadEXer
01-15-2002, 09:25 AM
I was just wondering how this was done. I bought my bike slightly modded so it may be done but if not how do I do it. I was reading the tips from ATV Action that Rico posted and it said it helps the carb flow better?
Thanks

01-15-2002, 09:34 AM
I thought about this too,,,,,,,do you have to rejet?????

knighttime
01-15-2002, 01:09 PM
It would increase airflow so u may have to go to a slightly bigger jet size. I dont think its necessary though.

ChadEXer
01-15-2002, 01:22 PM
Does anyone know exactly how this is done??

JhallettEX
01-15-2002, 03:21 PM
I did this to my quad during racing season and really didnt notice a difference. All the you have to do is remove your plate inside the carb by taking your airbox boot off the carb opening. Next take the yello choke switch off and pull the choke out. You will put the yellow switch back on but when you do this put a little silicone in the open hole that you know have to insure that no dust leaks in. Make sure that you keep all the parts because you are goin to want to put in back on when it is cold out and hard to start. Hope I explained it allright, if not let me know.

mikeboone
01-15-2002, 04:43 PM
You dont need the choke. I removed mine and replaced with stock pilot with a 42 pilot. I just pump the gas three times and it starts right up. I let it idle about 30 seconds and take off.

Sandragggen
01-15-2002, 08:31 PM
I tried it to with no noticable difference.