PDA

View Full Version : which tires?

08-10-2001, 09:46 AM
This is my first post, so I hope I got it right. I'm looking for some input on which tires to get. I have a 300ex, and I ride mostly trails, with the occasional mud and dunes. I was thinking about ITP Holeshot XCT's, but now I'm looking at the Maxxis Razr's, too. Which is better? Also, which size should I get? I have the shorter (20 inch?) tires on now and I drag across rocks and ruts, etc. So I was thinking about going back to the stock size 22 inch tires. I have a 14 tooth sprocket in the front if that makes any difference.

papaw
08-15-2001, 07:52 PM
i personally like razr's but never tried holeshots.if your on rocky terrain alot you will want 6 plys.dragging across ruts and rocks is a definite for 22's they wll give you more top end speed but sacrifice low end.kenda is making some new tires that are supposed to be right up there with the ohtsu's and they are 6 ply to boot.check em' out in the new dirt wheels.......

Foxrage
08-15-2001, 08:11 PM
I was wondering how the 20 inch tires jump. I had the 18 but right now i do alot of trail tiding until i get my track built so i was wondering how the 20 inchs will jump. I really dont have the money to spend on tires because my last tires wore fast. I think Im going to go with th razr 20 inch.

08-16-2001, 08:24 AM
I've run on tracks with my stockers and they worked just fine,,not as good as my new smaller ones but they did the job,,The razr's should work better than stockers because they have a stiffer sidewall so you should be OK my friend...

Foxrage
08-16-2001, 10:11 AM
Thanks rico. I jumped my friends stock ex with stock tires and it landed so much softer than mine with my 18 inch holeshots. I was afraid it might be harder to jump the 20 inch. this is off the subject but who does powdercoating. I remember you posted a link for it and i was wondering if you could post it and i could print out that reveiw and use it to convince my mom to get my frame powder coated silvervein. Thanks

08-26-2001, 10:29 PM
razr's