PDA

View Full Version : shifting question

400exrules
07-07-2003, 02:36 PM
ok i went to the drag races the other night i i noticed that everyone was not letting off the gas to shift, they just held the gas from start to finish and just shifted with the clutch.....i was wondering if this is harmful, a bad idea or a good idea to use in a drag race. i know its probably faster then letting off the gas but does it harm anything? and wut happens when u pull in the clutch..... does it just revv real quick?

bansheeguy77
07-07-2003, 02:47 PM
dont use the clutch or ya can...its powershifting....i dont think it will kill anything but of course regular shifting using the clutch is better...but no it wont/shouldnt do any damage unless ya do it all the time

400exrules
07-07-2003, 03:00 PM
so powershifting is when u hold the gas through a shift?

I-7
07-07-2003, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by 400exrules
ok i went to the drag races the other night i i noticed that everyone was not letting off the gas to shift, they just held the gas from start to finish and just shifted with the clutch.....i was wondering if this is harmful, a bad idea or a good idea to use in a drag race. i know its probably faster then letting off the gas but does it harm anything? and wut happens when u pull in the clutch..... does it just revv real quick?

Yep its power shifting. Just a quicker way to shift. If your just riding dont powershift but in a race or a long straight you should powershift. Keeps ure momentum going intead of slowing down by letting off the gas to shift.

400exrules
07-07-2003, 03:09 PM
ok thanks for the info guys

tants
07-07-2003, 03:28 PM
i always use my clutch... unless im puttin around holing somthing (like a digi cam, like if im bringing it with me or what ever) then ill just shift w/o the clutch at the right rpm's...

:confused2

250x#93
07-07-2003, 04:29 PM
I shift wit mine alot but I also shift wit out it a lot, Like when I'm ridin wheelies I powershift:D And I do it when I'm tryin to beat my buds or sumthin:devil:

Chanman420q
07-07-2003, 04:46 PM
thats why in like drag banshees they cut the gears so the clutch isnt nessisary at all......... i my self ALWAYS use the clutch, id rather be riding my machine then beable to say i won a drag :ermm:

JUSTINcredible
07-07-2003, 04:56 PM
i power shift when im racing but when im just playing around i will let off the gas when i shift