PDA

View Full Version : Magnum Propeg Nerf bars

Notu400ex
07-07-2003, 11:52 AM
Where can I buy these besides www.dirt-deals.com?

Thanks.

remlapr
07-07-2003, 12:30 PM
C&D can get them for you, I just got some last week.

Notu400ex
07-07-2003, 01:30 PM
Great! How much did you pay?

CHAUNCY
07-07-2003, 02:08 PM
I got a set on my 400 and love them. I cant remember where I got them though, I am sure C&D can help you out though

Notu400ex
07-07-2003, 02:35 PM
Yea, I love them too. I have them on two of my 400exs. My girlfriend wants them on hers now. I just got her the AC propegs with heelguards but she doesn't like them. She realizes how much easier it is to wheelie at speed with the lower center of gravity of the Magnum Propegs due to the peg being 1" lower and 1" back. I can't even ride her quad since it feels so weird to me. Even though these are heavier, the added handling makes up for the weight.

/Jon

remlapr
07-07-2003, 02:43 PM
Notu - fill out that form and C&D will get back to you with the price, I don't remember exactly what I paid. You can also get them with black or red nets...

Braff1
07-07-2003, 02:57 PM
I have had mine since Christmas and they have performed wonderfully. The only problems I have had is the heel of my riding boots would get stuck between the bar that runs behind the foot-peg and the foot-peg. To resolve this I just cut it off and no more problems. The wider steel pegs hold up great, providing great traction in the mud. They mount up fairly easy without any difficulty. One other minor problem is from where the peg is lower and back 1 inch (which I like) it makes the shifter a little tricky to reach. I am currently looking at a xr 400 shifter to see if it is shorter or I may even cut it and weld it back.

Also if you shop around on e-bay you can find them. I paid $145.00 shipped. Pretty good for a set of pro-pegs.

Notu400ex
08-28-2003, 08:40 AM
Minor suggestions/modifications before you install these:

The factory mounts bolts will work. You have to screw them through the steel footpeg. Bolt the one up first that is hard to get to due to being in the middle of the footpeg.

Use a dremel to cut part of the end off your allen wrench. You will need a very short amount to tighten the factory bolts; otherwise, go to the hardware store and get replacement bolts.

Use a file or dremel to smooth the brackets where the webbing mounts to the footpeg or the sharpness of this metal will cut the webbing after a few rides.

Sew a piece of leather or another piece of webbing to the section where it attaches to the footpeg if you want to be double sure the metal doesn't cut your webbing. You only need a small piece and a few stitches to hold it in place.

Spray paint the front metal fastening tube with a zinc primer type of paint. It will keep it from rusting. I also recommend installing a small piece of rubber between this tube and your frame to keep the two pieces of metal from rubbing together.

All of this will make sense if you buy these and start mounting them.