PDA

View Full Version : 250r wont start

R-Crazy
07-07-2003, 05:45 AM
After completing the rebuild on my 250r today, i brought it outside to start, and it wouldnt start. Turns out i cant get spark, i tried putting on the cylinder head and grounding it, and there is no spark. It worked fine before i ripeed it all apart, and i really didnt touch the electrical system, only the two wires going from the motor i disconnected, and i am running a new plug, but it wont spark with the old one either. HELP

dave

Teufel
07-07-2003, 06:20 AM
re-check all of your connections, did you have the fly wheel off; make sure it is on the crank completely and that the key isn't sheared.

Check your ground wire to make sure it is contacting the frame or that it is not broken.

tants
07-07-2003, 07:21 AM
check all your connections...

id just buy a new wiring harness of service honda. i believe there around $85

...and you wont have to mess with your elc ever again

same thing happened to me. befor my rebuild i got spark, and it ran fine. after i finished putting it togather i got no spark. it turned out my coil was shot... put a new coil on and it fired right up

Narly R
07-07-2003, 09:41 AM
Well the same things happened to me and keeps hapening, theres the kill switch wire, that hooks to this little black box thing, not my CDI, but it just comes off somtimes. Also the ground could just not have a good connection. Do you have a powder coated frame? Cause if you put the ground on the frame where the powder coat is it wont get a good connection, well that happened to me once. But check your whiring EVERYWHERE!!!;)

NTPracing22
07-07-2003, 09:55 AM
start from the stator and go back. check to see if the wires have charge when you kick it. anything that could happen to my electrical system, has. ive replaced my stator, coil, cdi, and some wires. check everything out. good luck

QuadRacer041
07-07-2003, 10:29 AM
make sure you are kicking over really hard, u have to kick it hard to genrate spark on R's.like everone said though rechack all your wire connections,if all is good its either your cdi box, sheared flyweel key, or bad startor

R-Crazy
07-07-2003, 01:24 PM
thanx yall, ill try all that, but getting a whole new electrical system sounds nice too, but i will still be left with problems. lmao. thanx

dave

R-Crazy
07-07-2003, 05:20 PM
bump

dave

Narly R
07-07-2003, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by tants
id just buy a new wiring harness of service honda. i believe there around $85

Is this all stock whiring? Is it a different setup? what is it realy? Is it worth it to buy cause i have some whiring problems too!:(

NTPracing22
07-08-2003, 12:31 AM
i believe its a cr250 wiring harness...could be wrong though