PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to the sand this weekend?

Porkchop
07-07-2003, 05:37 AM
Me and some buddies are heading down to Florence for the weekend and I was wondering if anyone else might be there. I've never been to florence but Ive been to whinchester and is it any diffrence from between the two? I herd that florence was just mostly hill climbs :ermm: which is the best place to jump and stuff?

JOEX
07-07-2003, 04:39 PM
There is a groupof us from http://www.nwquadriders.com/messageforum/ going to Horsefall this weekend (11th-14th) I think there are some with camp space available.

I've only been to Winchester once, I think it has more big dunes than Florence.

There is quite a variaty at Florence too. Tall dunes, tree shots like Sandlake, a bunch of drop offs or jumps depending on what direction your going:p and a bunch of trails too. The one that parallels the beach is great!

Joe

twisted threads
07-07-2003, 10:35 PM
im going to Sandlakes this weekend and at the end of the month im going to Winchester Bay.

carlj75
07-08-2003, 08:54 AM
We'll be down there tommorow afternoon. Staying at Driftwood with a bunch of people. Just look for the yellow 400 with a red raptor hood.

chad400ex
07-08-2003, 04:00 PM
Yep...my club, (Joes club too, see post above) will be at Horsfall Friday through Monday. And, some of the guys from Sand Wizards will be at Spinreel. We'll be meeting up with them on Saturday...somewhere between Spinreel and Horsfall.

Winchester isn't bigger than Florence, but it does have steeper hillclimbs. Winchester is pretty small and you can cover just about everything in a few hours. Where we'll be at down in Coos Bay, there is enough riding to keep you busy for a few days. Lots of trails, bowls, hills, beach access, drag racing/night racing at Boxcar. Lots to do.

Chef
07-08-2003, 04:04 PM
Florence has a ton less real hillclimbs than Winchester. The dunes arent nearly so big, either. Alot of Florence has been closed off lately, I didnt even know about it till I went down there. Florence has a ton of dunes, and open space compared to Winchester. Coos Bay has more jumps than either one. Florence has some serious big jumps some days, though.

JOEX
07-08-2003, 05:32 PM
What has been closed at Floence? And why?:( :confused:

Joe

Chef
07-08-2003, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
What has been closed at Floence? And why?:( :confused:

Joe

Just the little posts that say OHV closure out on the open dunes. Enviromentalists suck. I used to have a pic of me on my Banshee just covering a sign in sand, but I dont know what has happened to it.

JOEX
07-08-2003, 05:40 PM
That sucks:( I know there are signs in some of the trail areas but I don't remember seeing any in the open areas last year:(

Joe

rodknee
07-10-2003, 05:14 PM
I will be at spinreel this weekend. I will keep my eye open for anybody. I'll be on a yellow 400ex with n-style graphics & black & yellow seat.