PDA

View Full Version : back mountain h/s on sunday

ex kid
07-07-2003, 01:44 AM
this is the reschedeuled h/s from june 22nd i think. anybody going. i most likley will be. j hughes told me its a kick a** track that runs alot a river and will be muddy. i've herd its only 4 miles long too. its a D6 points payer i think as well.

ZRacer
07-07-2003, 03:04 AM
I will be there! I hope it isn't too muddy because I am sick of mud!!! The track is really fast and alot of fun.

jlhughes750
07-07-2003, 03:15 AM
i don't think it'll be muddy at all. this place is really great to race, the track is sandy, not alot of hills, no big climbs at all, a few little elevation changes, its real fast and wide in the fields, and since its kinda sandy, it robs alot of power.

COME UP TO PA AND TRY IT OUT, JUST NORTH OF HAZELTON PA. OFF I 81!!!!!!!! 3 MONEY$$$$CLASSES, LOTS OF GOOD ACTION TO WATCH, SEVERAL TOP GNCC PROS AND A RIDERS WILL BE THERE!CHECK IT OUT!!!!!!

www.amadistrict6.com

motoxracer
07-07-2003, 04:27 AM
I think it counts as a PA state points race too, right?

Ex'r Marlin
07-07-2003, 05:44 AM
Originally posted by jlhughes750
COME UP TO PA AND TRY IT OUT, JUST NORTH OF HAZELTON PA. OFF I 81!!!!!!!! 3 MONEY$$$$CLASSES, LOTS OF GOOD ACTION TO WATCH, SEVERAL TOP GNCC PROS AND A RIDERS WILL BE THERE!CHECK IT OUT!!!!!!
:cool: I plan to be there. (I need some District 6 points!!:eek: ) This will be my first time racing there... Beware!:eek:

Derno24
07-07-2003, 06:43 AM
Marlin, beware of what???? J/K . Got some work to do and I will be there to kick *** and chew bubble gum. And I'm all out of Kick ***.:blah:

ex kid
07-07-2003, 07:41 AM
my mistake i figured it would be muddy because it runs next to a river.

Derno24
07-07-2003, 08:21 AM
From what these guys have told me is that it is either really wet or really dusty.

ex kid
07-08-2003, 02:18 AM
yo j, i got a pair of roll off's!!! no more mud in the eyes(i hope). the only problem is i didnt put film in them and the mudflap on yet becasue im not sure how to do it. i gotta find you or rob before the race and get them hooked up.

jlhughes750
07-08-2003, 04:32 AM
bring your goggles ,film and flap, and i'll get ya hooked up no problem!!!!!

Derno24
07-08-2003, 06:14 AM
Jl: You gonna do mine too. I feel so unloved.

Harlen you going this weekend

Ex'r Marlin
07-08-2003, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by Derno24
Jl: You gonna do mine too.
Actually, I need my Smith roll-offs done too!:confused: :eek:

Hopefully I will get to finally meet you Jason.

BTW, what time do you recommend we get there to sign up?

ZRacer
07-08-2003, 08:28 AM
Back Mountain Enduro Riders

July 13, 2003, Gates Open 7:00 AM

Plymouth river flats (Hanover Nursery Topsoil Farm) Route 11, Plymouth, PA Food & Refreshments will be available. Track Camping Available.

Directions

Interstate 81 to Exit 164 (Nanticoke, old exit 44) to Route 29 North five miles to Route 11 North. The track is about 200 yards on your right. Click here for Map to Hare Scramble
Lodging

Schedule of Events

7:00 AM Gates Open

8:00 – 9:30 AM Sign-up – Mini/Youth/Powder Puff/Quads

8:00-12 noon Sign-up – Motorcycles

9:00 AM Race Starts – Mini/Youth/Powder Puff

10:30 AM Race Starts – Quads

1:00 PM Race Starts – Motorcycles

jlhughes750
07-08-2003, 08:59 AM
ZRACER can u offer some solution, i know its off topic but, my comp. here at work is so slow all the sudden, i was off 1 day last week and when i came back to work exrider is so slow i don't even want to go to the site anymore, as i type this i'm this far and no writing has shown up yet!!!! all other programs work normal, all other site work normal, its just exriders, i never had a problem with them befiore, any ideas, it takes so long to scroll down the threads that i get pissed and walk away, sorry, but i might not be on here much until i get it figured out.

Derno24
07-08-2003, 09:17 AM
Harlen how was your weekend??? Did you get some ride time with the wife? By the time I got to Tower it was 2:30pm.

ex kid
07-08-2003, 09:41 AM
look what i got u into hughes. hahhaha. are you gonna bring the R? i gotta see this thing.

ZRacer
07-08-2003, 03:11 PM
Jason: If all your other sites are working fine, then this is an odd problem. I would try to log out of exriders and then log back in. Also, try clearing your history and temp internet files from your computer through Tools/Internet Options

Ron: My riding SUCKED!!!!! I snapped my rear brake line after riding 15 minutes. Then it was very windy and my front end kept getting lifted up and I had no rear brakes to bring the front down. So, I decided to hit the Woods. Well, the woods hit me instead. A Rock the size of a Baseball hit me in the chin and put a gash in it and it swelled up like a grape. It hurt like hell. I felt like George Foreman gave me an upper cut. I said forget riding and put the quad back in the trailer.

Derno24
07-08-2003, 03:18 PM
Sorry to hear about your misfortune. I had the dale running and it was running good. Then at the end of one of our brief rides splush antifreeze all over. I have since corrected the problem ( a blocked coolant line). Damn was it hot.

Harlen did you get the wife riding?

jlhughes750
07-09-2003, 03:04 AM
the sites a little faster today, ZRACER i tryed what u said to do, its weird, my hotmail is usually slow, but it works fine. ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS, MAYBE ITS A CONSPIRICY AT THE WORK PLACE!!!

EXKID, THANKS FOR THE GOGGLE DUTY!!! AND YES THE r IS GETTING CLOSER TO COMPLETION. THE roll IS A FRIENDS HE SAID IT WAS FREE TO USE FOR bACK MOUNTAIN, WE RODE LAST NIGHT AND GOT SOME GOOD SEAT TIME IN, THIS IS MY 4TH WEEK SMOKE FREE, AND I FEEL GREAT!!!WE RODE FOR 40 MINUTES, SWAPPING AND BATTLING, WE HAD A BLAST... SEE YOU sUNDAY!!! IHAVE CLEARANCE TO USE THE rOLL, BUT I STILL MAY CONTINUE MY TRAINING BY RACING THE EX STOCKER!!! THAT WAY WHEN MY r IS DONE IT'LL BE LIKE A CADDY!!!!

ex kid
07-09-2003, 05:56 AM
yea no prob about goggle duty haha. good job on not smoking that sh*t really messes you up.thats good you got some seat time in. i've been out almost everyday the past two weeks i didnt ride at all before frost and felt horrible. im really trying to train and make a name for myself.

Derno24
07-09-2003, 09:38 AM
I have lost 20 pounds this year already. Not that it looks like it, but I need to lose more. I gotta get in better shape or I'm running utility next year. Do they have a utility c class??? j/k

Ex'r Marlin
07-09-2003, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by Derno24
I gotta get in better shape or I'm running utility next year. Do they have a utility c class??? j/k :eek: :rolleyes:

jlhughes750
07-09-2003, 09:45 AM
cmon guys lets get more people out there racing. this is a great track,..if u want to get a good laugh, watch the dirtbike race afterwards, i'm gonna try to race a bike after the quad race is over!!!! i rode for a few hours last week and got the hang of it pretty quick its been over ten years since i was able to rip it up on the dirtbikes.later, J

Ex'r Marlin
07-09-2003, 09:47 AM
Well... Ron (Derno24) and I will be there racing 4 stroke C class.:)

ex kid
07-09-2003, 10:37 AM
maybe i'll stay and watch the bike race now. this should be amuzing. j i was thinking about racing my brothers tt-r 125 in the mini races in the moring then race quads. it would be fun but to expensive for me. denero what quad are you bringing and what class are you running? zracer are you coming up to make hughes look bad?

Derno24
07-09-2003, 10:40 AM
I'll be riding the Dale with Black Plastic and Marlin will be riding a 416 ex. We are both 4 stroke c class

ex kid
07-09-2003, 11:52 AM
alright cool you guys will be starting in the row in front of me.:devil:

Derno24
07-09-2003, 02:24 PM
When we line up stop by and introduse me to JL. We go to the same races, but never seem to meet up.

ex kid
07-09-2003, 03:45 PM
no problem. im first in line for goggles bahahahaha

Ex'r Marlin
07-10-2003, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by ex kid
im first in line for goggles bahahahaha
I'm second!!:D

jlhughes750
07-10-2003, 02:23 AM
i have a hard enough time keeping ahold of my own goggles, u guys r on your own!!!!!

Derno24
07-10-2003, 02:49 AM
Oh crap no what are we gonna do no help with the goggles....Where's Harlen when you need him?????:blah:

jlhughes750
07-11-2003, 05:39 AM
hey, lets not forget about the Back Mnt. District 6 Pa. State Championship points race this weekend. Sunday, Sunday, Sunday!!!!!

www.amadistrict6.com

Derno24
07-11-2003, 06:52 AM
I didn't forget and neither do my googles.

ex kid
07-11-2003, 12:52 PM
someones gonna need a tissue WTF?:huh

ex kid
07-13-2003, 11:40 AM
dont worry j i went and bothered rob for the goggles. im sure you had some other important shi* to do. just got home. woo hooo, that place gets whooped out. i finished 2nd about 10 secs back from the leader in 0-230cc. i completely took out a tree on the first lap, i think its time for a prm bumper. rob hertz won the overall, he was absolutley flying, his brohter tom came in second with a string of other gncc racers following. trish it was nice meetin you. i talked to mike at frost two or three weeks ago at that race. did you happen to get any pics of me? z racer i saw you, you were movin man. if you rember i was the kid in the oneal gear that walked up to the line to look around when you pulled your bike up. nice machine dude.

ZRacer
07-13-2003, 02:34 PM
EXKid, You should have introduced yourself. I had a great time at the race. I had one of my scariest experiences ever in the 1st lap. I hit a clipped the big tree in woods that was missing most of its bark at the end of the race. It send me spinning in circles doing about 30+ Mph. My quad spun around and I was facing Chris Borich and Mike Krachun, but I was going backwards and they were coming at me. I was like OH MY GOD, then I thought I hope their isn't a tree in my path, but luckily the quad spun back around facing the right direction, and I never even stopped. I just fell back to 5th and not last.

I ended up finishing 2nd and Chris Borich Won, and I had an awesome time. Todd Rothermel was riding hard behind me the last couple of laps, but I was able to pull away from his Predator in the fields, but he would sneak up on me in the woods until the last lap and I was able to pull away from him.

I can't wait till Jack Frost. Hope to see everyone their.

ex kid
07-13-2003, 03:10 PM
if i see you at jack frost i will introduce myself. yea on the first lap about 1/2 mile after the bridge i had got around the 3rd place rider and i was going way to fast and the front brakes locked up on the hardpack and my holeshots didnt hookup and i just took the tree out and got passed. yea todd was movin pretty good. i let chirs by in one of the creek beds then i belive you came up on me about 1/4 mile down the trail.

jlhughes750
07-14-2003, 01:32 AM
that track was great, one of the best Back Mnt. tracks ever.

i was doing alright till the 2nd lap, i was 2nd of the line and followed Hertz for the first lap, on lap 2 Hertz, me, Tom Hertz, and Neidlinger were running in a pack and i blew third in one of those tacky straights and almost went over the bars. i had all gears but third, ran the rest of the race shifting from 2 to 4th, it was really a third gear track on the R. it was really tuff getting down some of the straights with out third. i over heated the engine running 2nd gear too much in the woods, then locked it up in the muddy field. after a minute or 2 it cooled down and came unstuck, then i waited for my buddy DanK. and we rode the rest of the race together. i had fun getting back on an R, i was plowing into ***** that would have killed me on my stock EX.. the quad i was riding was Smileys from 2 years ago!!!!! its works awsome!!!

good ride EXkid!!!!! Harlen did u end up with second!!! Chris would fly if he was on a LEM.. Yamaha's looked a little bouncy!! there were a few there!!!!!

later, J

ex kid
07-14-2003, 01:41 AM
thanks j, yea i wish i was on a 2 stroke yesterday. the 4 stroke worked good in the tight stuff and i was kicking as* in the woods then when we got out to the feilds the two strokes just walked away. u did good for not having a third gear, that sux tho. the start of two stroke a was nuts. there was a little pile up and then you see hertz out in the middle of the feild. did you get tangeld up in that. yo zracer nice wheelie at the start hahah. traci cecco ran a yfz 450 too, she still looked fast on somthin that wasn't race ready. cool looking bike. yea j i ended up with second but i was bummin bcause i knew i coulda beat the first place kid i just didnt have the ponies.

jlhughes750
07-14-2003, 01:48 AM
i made it through the crash, i was the guy on the extreme outside, i got by on the outside and followed Hertz i was in 2nd for 2 laps. That was Dan K that got rear ended by some bozo, caused the whole mess, he was pi$$ed.. Thats kinda why some guys run A so they don't have to deal with that stuff, but it happens. There were a few new B guys that moved up to A.

later, J

jlhughes750
07-14-2003, 01:50 AM
wonder if anyone got any pics!!!!!!! Trish was there, was that a dig. camera she had???

ex kid
07-14-2003, 01:51 AM
i thought there was alot more people in 2 a than usaual. like the guy on the blue banshee, id never seen him before. its freakin awsome watchin you guys ride. when i get passed by you guys i just soak it up cause i got alot to learn.

ex kid
07-14-2003, 01:53 AM
yea she was there and introduced herself to me. she did have a camera, she was standing near the downhill jump about 1 1/2 before the checkpoint. i think she got a pic of me. i saw alot of people video taping and taking pictures tho. my brother and buddy taped about 45 mins.

jlhughes750
07-14-2003, 02:09 AM
how bout that downhill jump, was that cool or what, 4th gear pinned!!!! then land in the breaking bumps and make the right !!! it was fun... u know theres a Back Mnt. 2 coming up in Sept. it on the 7th!!! we'll probably be going up that hill next race!!!

later, J

Ex'r Marlin
07-14-2003, 02:24 AM
I too had a great time at Back of the Mountain!

Finally, I got to meet Jason Hughes! Very nice guy, despite how big he is.:D

Everyone seemed to be in a great mood after the race! What a great time! It was good to see and talk with Traci C, Rick C, Mike K, Trish K, & Chris B.

I was honored to pit next to Harlen Folley (ZRacer):cool: Harlen is not only a fast racer, he is a class act both out on the track and in the pits.:cool: Special thanks to Harlen on some helpful racing tips,:macho and a big congrats on how well he did out there!

Again, I got to travel in style with Ron (Derno24). Thanks a million Ron... I am going to miss racing against you, and riding in the luxury of your limo service!:D

The track had different terrains out there; grass, sand, sticky mud, clay, loose dirt, tree roots, off chamber, some little uphills and downhills, tight singletrack, wide open areas, one large mud hole that a few racers found themselves stuck in:( , stumps, and whoops.

I could be wrong, but it looked as though there were a lot of racers there yesterday... 23 racers in the 4 stroke C class.:macho

I too had the honors of having the fast guys pass me.:rolleyes: I tried to keep up, but found that it quickly scared me how fast they were going! Note: I survived with no crashes or mishaps... For once!:D

I believe everyone had a great time there, even if they were just spectating.

Hope to see you guys out there again soon! I sure had a blast racing with you guys and talking with you!

jlhughes750
07-14-2003, 03:31 AM
? all big guys are a-holes??????? :confused: man i'm gonna have to kick your as$ next time i see u!!!!!!:macho

ZRacer
07-14-2003, 04:12 AM
Jason, yes I did manage to get 2nd place.

EXKID, You noticed my wheelie on the start:D I released the clutch a little to fast and found myself looking at the clouds, but I didn't want to let off the gas, so I just rode it down the straight away. I normally don't try to wheelie on the start. Did it look funny? I wish someone had a picture of the start or a video because i would love to see that wheelie.

District 6 Harescramble racing is alot of fun because so many of the racers are fun to be around. Marlin, Ron, and Ralph always make the pits so interesting. I think my fathers comes along just to get a good laugh for the day. He really enjoys seeing everyone. He was disappointed to hear that Marlin was moving, but I don't think Ron will mind.

ex kid
07-14-2003, 04:33 AM
zracer, my pit crew got it on tape. ill show it to you at jack frost. denero and exr marlin i didnt see you guys. you probably passed me on one of the stragihts i dont think any of the 4 c guys got by me in the woods.

Derno24
07-14-2003, 04:43 AM
Nah exkid: You didn't have to worry about either of us passing you. I got a great start, but had difficulties in the woods on the clay. I finished 17th out of 23. Marlin got a bad start and got held up by the slower c class people and finished 13th he zipped by me at 1 1/2 laps to give you an idea how far he got held back.

Finally met JL. We all need to start parking near one another it makes it more fun when you have a group of guys screwing off before the race.

Harlen the check is in the mail hehehehehee

Still my favorite thing of the day was watching Marlin's face when he realized he didn't even get in the top 10. Sorry for your misfortune, but you went from smile ear to ear to my dog just died

ex kid
07-14-2003, 03:21 PM
denero, my buddy said he talked to you or somthin before the race, he was sayin there was a guy with a black dale with an hmf pipe in the 4c class who was cool. i was thinkin o that was denero. yea i usally end up parking near hertz's trailer in case i need some kinda help. haha. j always seems to park far away from where im at. i think hes scared.:scary:

Derno24
07-14-2003, 04:25 PM
Yup that had to be me I was the only dale dressed in black.

ralph13
07-14-2003, 06:01 PM
did thoses directions work better for you on the way home

Ex'r Marlin
07-15-2003, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by ralph13
did thoses directions work better for you on the way home

HEY RALPH!!!!! I did not know you were on Exriders.com!:eek: :cool:

Great seeing you there! Congrats on a 4th place finish!:macho Get all your parts bolted down again???:D

Anyway, if I remember right, we took a different way home due to heavy traffic build up... Ron (Derno24) will be able to answer it better... But I do remember Ron saying,"I should have listened to Ralph!":rolleyes:

See you Sunday at Jack Frost!:cool:

Derno24
07-15-2003, 02:31 AM
Ralph I came out and had a cheapo moment. I said to myself I don't want to pay for an extra toll so we went the way we came in. back down 80. Well we will blame Marlin for the rest because I would have been happy with Burger King, but Marlin wanted better food. So we spotted a sign for Subway about 2 exits before we needed to get off for the turnpike. The road was clear before we stopped, but it sure wasn't when we took off to go home. A quick phone call to the in-laws and we were on track taking the scenic route through the Park. Added about an extra 30 mins tops to the trip. While we were trying to get directions on where to go I said to Marlin "Teaches me not to listen to Ralph." We would have been on the turnpike and heading home by now.

All ended well and I even had time to wash my machine and Marlin's when we got home.

Everyone good luck this weekend at Frost I will be at Cedar Point amusement park this weekend.

Derno24
07-15-2003, 02:33 AM
Lately we have a pretty big compund going on. We had Ralph, Harlen, Marlin, and Me all by the starting area with 3 big trucks and 2 trailers.

It gets real confusing with 2 guys with names like Harlen and Marlin.

ZRacer
07-15-2003, 02:54 AM
Hey, I was wondering if Marlin or Ron are missing a pair of gloves?

Derno24
07-15-2003, 04:20 AM
I don't know I will check the trailer tonight...

Ex'r Marlin
07-15-2003, 04:24 AM
Gloves missing??? You would think Ron was missing them with all those blisters he has!:eek: Anyway, I am sure that I have mine.:) (Unless there was a hidden joke in this??:confused: )

Derno24
07-15-2003, 07:04 AM
If they are black fox dirtpaw's they are mine I think that was what I brought.

propartsracing
07-17-2003, 02:40 PM
Hey everyone,

EXKid - nice meeting you too.

Glad everyone did well. No, the camera I had wasn't digital, just regular camera. Mike wanted me to take some pics of him for his sponsors. Too bad he got arm-pump so bad, he had to stop for me to rub it for about 5 minutes (get your heads out of the gutter - his arm was rubbed!):p I think he would have had a great battle with Chris... oh well... there's always Jack Frost this weekend!

Maybe I'll bring the digital camera this weekend & take some pics... you guys have to let me know before the race what your bike looks like if you want me to try to pick you out of the pack & dust to get your pictures, ok.

See you on Sunday.

Trish