PDA

View Full Version : mods for xc?

Martin Blair
07-06-2003, 06:44 PM
This has been posted beofre but some people might ahve found no thing sso i wanted to update for everyone. Heres my list from what i have heard from others and personal experience in rec riding/ racing.

1. Make bike tuff, skids, nice bumper, locktie some bolts.
2. Hand gaurds and a kill swtich ( some required for racing)
3. Shocks the best you can afford, im gettign elkas and then gettign rezzys this winter like in 2 stages.
4. Some say steering stabilizer, they are good but i ahve lived without one.
5. Tires, good 6 ply tires with about 10 onces of slime in them.
6. 14t front sprocket, you top speed is still good and in woods your not peg in 5th to much.
7. Exhaust system or slip on either one is great.
8. Hi flow filter, and outerwear.
9. Tank for races longer then an hour and a half, 2 hours.
10. Spare parts.

After you got the basics down work on the motor a bit a 416 kit is good for XC racing you want something with power all over not just on the top on bottom end.

TeamC&GRacer
07-06-2003, 06:46 PM
good list, thats most likely what id do if i was going to build an xc racer

batgeek
07-06-2003, 06:58 PM
i will never ride w/o a steering stabilizer again :D

dj416
07-07-2003, 08:59 AM
i raced my first xc race last weekend with pretty much stock quad exept motor mods. if i had it do do again i would spent money on the goodies u just listed instaed of motor mods. i didnt even think i needee to worry about having enough gas but i was on reserve when i finished and it was only 33 miles

Martin Blair
07-07-2003, 09:14 AM
steering stablizers are great but its not a necesity if you can handle the bike ok after i ge tmy shcoks i plan on getting a pepe rebuildable stabalizer.

the genral rule is suspension and chassis first, then motor mods.