PDA

View Full Version : HELP, leaking problem maybe??

cron-ex
01-14-2002, 08:15 PM
When ever i put my 300ex on the wheelie bar, gas comes out of the engine from somewhere? I noticed this when i was goin to put my skid plate on. I put it on its wheelie bar so it would be easier then gas started coming out of it. And yesterday when i was riding, i was coming up about a 10 foot hill that was pretty steep and wheelied out of it and it went on its wheelie bar and that gas started coming out. Does anyone no if this is normal or bad? Thanks in advanced with any help:confused:

DTRAIN
01-14-2002, 08:23 PM
I had a similiar situation with my four wheeler. Everytime I lifted it into the back of a pickup I would notice gas sitting on the skid plate. It turns out that the overflow valve that lets out gas thats sitting in the lines is located right above my rear skid plate (by my airbox) And the gas was nothing to worry about. I am not sure if this is what is happening to you or not, but it is something to consider. Also , how much is coming out, Is it coming out with the engine running, or just when it is turned off? Lastly look in your manual to find your overflow, that may just be the simple answer to the question.

cron-ex
01-14-2002, 08:34 PM
the only times ive seen it coming out is when its turned off. But when i did put it on its wheelie bar yesterday, it had basically a full tank of gas.

"BLAHH"300!!
01-14-2002, 09:48 PM
it's your over flow....
and it does come out when the bike is runnin....
a freind of mine with a 400 was riding a wheelie and it was coming out.but we knew what it was...also my 300ex i was riding a wheelie then turned around and there was a trail...
...i was thinking of letting someone do a wheelie in like 4th or 5th and letting them pass by me then light it on fire...needs to be in 4th or 5th to be going fast enugh so that it doesn't run back up the line and blow him up.....
.....lift it back on it's bar again and look where it's coming from.....should be a black hose 'about the size of a gas line'(cause it is a gas line) connected with one end going to your carb and the other just cut smooth off just hanging under your bike.......turn your gas on..it flows out..turn it off it stops...

SGA
01-14-2002, 10:00 PM
Yeah, make sure you turn your gas off if you set it up on the rear grab bar to work on it or somthing. The carb float cannot rise & limit the gas into the carb & it runs out the overflow tube. its normal for some to come out sometimes, doing wheelies & such.