PDA

View Full Version : tranny wont shift

R-Crazy
07-06-2003, 04:08 PM
i just got done rebuildin my 250r, and while i had the motor out, i must have shifted it into gear, no biggie, i shifted into nuetral, but i did it again, and now it wont shift outta gear. i dont know wat gear it is on, and when i rock back and forth, it doesnt do anything. someone please help! what do i do, i wanna start it 2marrow and maybe ill get it outta gear when it is running and moving, but we will see.

dave

Scott-300ex
07-06-2003, 04:12 PM
i would just wait until i get it in the frame, adjust the clutch to make sure it will work and then pull it in and start it, then drive it around and break the tranny in

also, make sure you have tranny fluid in it, and the right amount too

R-Crazy
07-06-2003, 04:48 PM
its done and in the bike w/ all the fluids and such, all i need to is put on the silencer and shes done, so no biggie, ill try stuff 2marrow. I tightened my clutch bolts (that hold the springs and pressure plate on) to 10 ft lbs, is that too much, or too little? since the service manuel jst said "snugly" i went into one of my dads old motorcycle books and they said 9-10 ft lbs, so thats what i did, but the cluctch works ok, wen i pull it in there is no or close to no resistance and such.

dave

310Rduner
07-06-2003, 04:56 PM
snugly should work.. im pretty sure that the pressure from the spring and everything else keeps it tight...

R-Crazy
07-06-2003, 05:08 PM
yea, thats why i didnt do it very tight, fast respance, thanx yall, more is need tho!!!!!!!!

dave

R-Crazy
07-07-2003, 06:01 AM
bump

dave