PDA

View Full Version : Oil cooler Gaurd??

twisted threads
07-06-2003, 03:16 PM
were can I find a oil cooler guard at? like the one in this picture.

JOEX
07-06-2003, 03:36 PM
Check some well equiped hardware stores for some expanded sheet metal. It might not be as pretty but it should do the job.
Or get some regular aluminum sheet metal and start drillin' holes:p

Yes, i'm a cheapskate:D

Joe

F-16Guy
07-07-2003, 04:58 AM
Originally posted by JOEX
Check some well equiped hardware stores for some expanded sheet metal. It might not be as pretty but it should do the job.
Or get some regular aluminum sheet metal and start drillin' holes:p

Yes, i'm a cheapskate:D

Joe
I got a sheet of expanded metal from Home Depot ($8.00), made a template from cardboard, and had it cut. It works great, and it looks pretty sweet. You can buy a universal tranny cooler mount kit from Checker for $5.00, it makes the install look very clean and professional.

Scott-300ex
07-07-2003, 06:44 AM
i know what to do....always stay out front so you won't have to worry about any roost:D

if you make one make sure you have enough air flow to it, maybe make some reall big holes, then put like a patio screen material in front of it......only problem with that is it might cake up and make it even worse, but its your dessision but you want that oil cooler to do some good so you need air flow

Scott-300ex
07-07-2003, 06:46 AM
also, i noticed you have a temp dipstick, what is your normal running temp? and how many degrees did the oil cooler cool it down?

F-16Guy
07-07-2003, 08:34 AM
One thing I was thinking about the expanded metal; I think it's mild steel, so it might be prone to rusting. I live in AZ, so it's not a big concern to me, but you guys in a wetter climate might want to stick to aluminum.

JOEX
07-07-2003, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by F-16Guy
One thing I was thinking about the expanded metal; I think it's mild steel, so it might be prone to rusting. I live in AZ, so it's not a big concern to me, but you guys in a wetter climate might want to stick to aluminum.
Or it can be powder coated;) Aluminum would be nice too...

Joe