PDA

View Full Version : Adjusting the fuel screw on the FCR 39

JD400exrider
07-06-2003, 03:08 PM
Just bolted a FCR 39 up and took it for a spin down the street. It seems to hesitate a little. I do have the billet adjusting fuel screw. What is the best way to dial it in. I remember reading something but i can't find it now on a search. Hold her at a certain RPM's ?? Any help would be great.

JD400exrider
07-06-2003, 04:39 PM
Come on guys someone with the fcr must have adjusted that fuel screw:(

H_W
07-07-2003, 09:22 AM
When I got mine, I had to adjust the air/fuel mixture screw, also. I just let the engine run and turned the screw a little. Then hit the throttle a few times and see if it hesitated. If yes, then repeat until dialed in. This may not be the proper way or whatever, but it worked for me. Mine runs perfect, no hesitation at all.

JD400exrider
07-07-2003, 04:37 PM
Thanks HW Did talk to colby also and i did adjust out about a 1/4-1/2 turn today on the first ride. Made a big difference. This carb makes a nice increase in power. I Like It :D

H_W
07-08-2003, 09:38 AM
I glad I could help. I love my carb, also. It made a big increase in power. I can out run stock raptors and banshees. Last weekend I even outran a piped banshee by about 1 bike length. We raced 5 times with the same result each time. I was very suprised. Anyway, I am glad you got yours running right.

JD400exrider
07-08-2003, 07:42 PM
H_W
What main jet are you running. I am thinking about going to go up one main size to a 168 to make sure i am not running lean. I aggree with you the power increase is very nice.

H_W
07-09-2003, 09:41 AM
I do not know what size my main jet is, because I have not had to adjust it. I just bolted the carb on and adjusted the air/fuel mixture screw. It has been running great ever since.