PDA

View Full Version : turbo charged 2 stroke?

fat guy
07-06-2003, 02:49 PM
anyone know of a turbo charged 2 stroke bike engine kit? im building a badass scooter and a turbo charged cr250 engine would be ideal, any heard of any turbo'ed mx bikes?? a wheelie bar will be a must heh.

wilkin250r
07-06-2003, 05:27 PM
I'm not entirely sure that a turbo will have as big a benifit on a two-stroke that it will a four-stroke. I'm not an expert, but it seems to me that with both intake and exhaust ports open at the same time, increase intake pressure doesn't do much, it will just dump more pressure out the exhaust port.

I'm certainly open to comments or corrections from anybody that has actual experience...

AndrewRRR
07-06-2003, 05:53 PM
There was a company that was selling turbo kits for banshees a while back. I believed they used Aerodyne turbochargers which are made for bikes. They stopped selling them due to reliability problems, but they were claiming 140+hp. MrTurbo.com has some kits, but I don't think they have one for a CR250 (although they probably could build one).
The problem is carburetors don't like having air forced through them, which is why turbocharged cars are usually fuel injected. Also due to the way 2 strokes work, it's not very conducive to forced induction (i'm not gonna get into the theory here, i don't want to write a novel!).
A good ported CR250 motor would put out more than enough power to scare you in a scooter!

Paul400ex2002
07-06-2003, 07:16 PM
the shop i get my bike worked on at is working with a turbo company to make a turboed, fuel injected banshee :eek2: they had pics of a turboed ds650 with no other motor mods that made 60+ hp on their dyno.

tants
07-07-2003, 07:18 AM
:devil:

UglyMotha™
07-07-2003, 08:00 AM
ruh roh

did he just say nawwwz :eek:

AndrewRRR
07-09-2003, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by tants
:devil:

We have a 50cc scooter and I don't think they'd take more than a 3hp shot of nitrous without scattering aluminum everywhere. lol
If you don't care about weight just throw a turbo 'busa motor in it. haha