PDA

View Full Version : K&N power kit, good or bad

01-14-2002, 06:16 PM
I am looking at a k&n power kit for my 250ex. They said it will give me a 15% power increse. Is this true? what are the advantages and dissadvantages with this power kit. What are the dissadvantages, like am i going to have a hard time starting in cold weather?thanks
joey

96300ex
01-14-2002, 06:25 PM
I just got one, but it's not installed. The advantage is that it's a dynojet jet kit, both stage one and two, along with the filter, prefilter, and cleaning kit. Have both the stage one and two jet kits is nice because when i get exhaust i don't have to buy another jet kit. The only dissadvantage is the price...:(

NJ300ex
01-14-2002, 07:04 PM
The advantage is more power because of more airflow and the disadvamtage is that some dirt particles will get to your engine because they can get through the filter.

400exJOE
01-14-2002, 07:19 PM
i have the kit on my 400ex with the stock carb, and my honda foreman 4x4. I really like the kits because they include a K&N which works very well and increases air flow, a Precharger which catches the dust particles before they get into your filter, the cleaning chemicals, and a few jets to have incase you need to rejet. I can't say i got a 15% increase with the kit alone, but once you add a pipe, it really wakes up. I would get it anyways because of the added protection and performance of the K&N.

01-15-2002, 09:53 AM
It will help a bunch but just cause it's a good filter doesn't mean you can never clean it...a properly cleaned and oiled K&N will not let dirt thru to the motor but an improperly installed filter and nonmaintaned filter will.

300EX-Man
01-15-2002, 01:14 PM
when i put my power kit on i noticed a good increase, but i put on a White Brother's E-Series pro meg at the same time, so i don't know which helped the most, but the increase is large

01-16-2002, 09:25 AM
I purchased the jet kit directly from dynojet and the filter seperate, they should be the same kit. I did have one problem with the kit though, the needle that came in the kit would not work for me. It is a shorter needle with a very sharp taper all the way up. Anyway, I installed the #96 main jet, and put the needle clip in the 3rd notch up from the bottom. My quad wouldnt idle, and it looked like a smokestack at the exhaust tip. So I dropped the needle all the way to the #6 position and still it was flooding itself to death. So I installed the needle out of the recon kit in the #2 position from the bottom and man what a difference it made. The ran like it had a jet engine on it. I called dynojet to report my problem and they told me that this needle wouldnt work on my 250ex, and I told them about how the needle that came in the kit made it flood. The replacement they sent was the exact neelde that came in my recon kit. So let me know how your install job goes. I want to know if your 250ex needle does the same thing, maybe I installed mine incorrectly

250exmaster
01-17-2002, 01:36 PM
im interested in a jet kit two for the 250ex but i dont know where to buy it. is it hard to instal?