PDA

View Full Version : I got a new toy!!! "and need some assistance"

Z400sTyLe
07-05-2003, 05:45 PM
YESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!

I was invited to a cookout and volleyball get together and guess what I noticed sitting under a tree.... Some sort of a Honda 3 Wheeler in GREAT shape "sans motor, and black back fenders under the plastic" but otherwise 100% complete down to the chain, headlite etc.... with a NEW factory seatcover!!

Well I walked over to my friend I know socialy and said i noticed they had a Trike and if they would sell it....she said she thought her one brother cols it already but he would be home in an hour from work and would ask him then.

Dude comes in and about 15min later I go over to him and ask if thats ehr bro, he was like yeah... I said I noticed you had a Trike and wondered if you would sell it..he said yeah sure, apperantly he had the think to Blackwood in PA and forgot to check the oil 2 yrs ago and blew the motor. Well he lost the engine he pulled out when they moved into the place they are now 2 yrs ago or so and cant find it!
Here comes the cool part.... he totally blessed me price wise.... $5.00!!!
Yes, FIVE DOLLARS!!!! WOOO HOOOO I think it is a Honda 200X and part of the sticker says something something 0X at the end from what I made out The things is very good shape with rear tires at about 75% and I got a spare front wheel thats the factory Honda gold back then with a tire in the same shape "one on its worn to about 30% or so but has a ride or five left in it.

How can I verify what model it is? He said he thought it was a 125 I am almost POSITIVE its a 200X from looking at it. I have only seen them in pics but I really think size wise it is one. I dont think Honda made a 125 Trike????

I need a motor too, and trany just bolt it in really is all i have to do and hook up the rear brake and clutch and a carb. "unless its still there I forget" lol

How much will this cost ya'll think for those parts used? I could bolt it in myself. Anyone have one for sale?

Also he said he thinks its an 84 or 85.

Now all I need is a bike and a quad! But for $5.00 .....WOW!!!! I could'nt pass this deal up!!!!!!

Also when I pick up the back of the grab bar to lift it the sock or linkage clunks some and seems to wiggle slighty? I am not a mechanic but think the shock may need recharged or something?? when I push down on the rear it springs up FAST too. Any clue here??

Thanks guys/gals!! Tom...<WWJD?><

P.S> I dont have a digi cam to take pics of it either at the moment... :ermm:

batgeek
07-05-2003, 05:49 PM
serial number on the frame should tell ya what it is.

lemme see if i can find info on 250x serial numbers.

07-05-2003, 05:52 PM
well honda did make a 125 atc and several others but it its a 0x its either a 200 or a 350, if it has dual headpipes its a 350 and they still bring a nice dollar, if its single its prob a 200x, heres a pic of my old 200x, does it resemble this at all? not color wise but the look

www.3wheeler.org is a good atc site

07-05-2003, 05:53 PM
heres 2 200xs

crap-banshee32
07-05-2003, 05:53 PM
:huh

07-05-2003, 06:06 PM
god your one annoying post whore :blah:

Z400sTyLe
07-05-2003, 06:14 PM
Thanks Bat Geek!

Freeride: Cool picture man! My Trike looks similar, it has red fenders, the front one has a black mudflap, its a factory black Honda seatcover, it has a headlight witha little black metal cage around it, where would the serial number be on the frame? I thought back in the day they had stickers wrapped around it?

Oh yeah the frame is red also. It looks similar to yours the gas tank is metal and its white with tiny red plastic pieces towards the upper/side front of the tank, I suppose for knee protection.

On the left side there is part of a sticker that looks like it might say 200X, but its worn and faded away, I can make out an X at the end and I THINK there were two 00's before it when I squinted hard. What would the 125 Honda look like? I am almost certain it is a 200X but cant be sure, I dont know trikes well at all. But I had to have it when i saw it! It will be a cool playbike. Thanks for the site link also I will check it out! :cool:

Big400EX
07-05-2003, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by freeride132
heres 2 200xs

Thats really discriptive..:eek2: I always heard 3 wheelers were dangerous.. In that pic it looks so!

CHAUNCY
07-05-2003, 06:18 PM
Thats pretty cool that the guy sold it to you for 5 bucks:eek: I hope you get it running:scary:

batgeek
07-05-2003, 06:25 PM
3wheelerworld is great for info on trikes...their forums kick ***!!!3WheelerWorld (http://www.3wheelerworld.com)
3WheelerWorld Forums (http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com)
i couldn't find serial number info on the atc200x, but i'm sure a quick call to your local Honda dealer can solve that problem :)

i tried....i failed :( but grats on the trike

Z400sTyLe
07-05-2003, 06:35 PM
Thanks for the links! Your effort is appreciated!!

Yeah, that was awesome I got it for that cheap!

Any clue as to what a simple restoration may cost? I am not trying to spend an arm and a leg, just clean it up with new plastic, handlebars/grips, paint the tank, and possible revalve the suspension and a used engine and such.

I am figuring $500- or so, probably gonna be a lot more.....sigh, but its definitly a keeper, the frame is straight as far as I can tell. and the bike is fairly clean compared to a lot of used older stiff I have seen thats stock. I was taken back regarding the condition in general.

Thanks again guys I appreciate all of your help and exhortat ions regarding my new toy! :)

I am sure its a 200X now. THe only other one that Honda makes is the 350X and i think its too small for that but bigger then the 125M I saw a pic of and plus mine has shocks that 125 was a hard front.

What do complete engines and trans go for used??? "ballpark obviously" Something that runs though if possible.

07-05-2003, 06:42 PM
my buddy has a whole motor, his aim name is hon250mxer

that 200x in the top pic with the handguards i had about 1200 in it and sold it for 1500, it had extended axle and a bunch of crap tho

Z400sTyLe
07-05-2003, 08:01 PM
Hey Freeride,
I don't have AIM bro, could you give me his e-mail or give him mine? I am in PA koblow79@hotmail.com

Thanks!!!
Tom...<><

MEL
07-06-2003, 12:50 PM
freeride,
isn't that second pic taken at the catt. county fairgrounds? back in '85 they had a national there. the whole team honda was there along with the kawi factory guys.

Rip_Tear
07-06-2003, 02:56 PM
Wow that is pretty cool, I was going to say about the shock thing, and the 350X is a pretty big framed quad. And stock has a dual front light... Good luck that is real awsome!

250x#93
07-06-2003, 04:00 PM
Have fun wit it man, sweet deal

"BLAHH"300!!
07-06-2003, 04:33 PM
this might help.
...200x....
Kick-start
singe headlamp.."square?"
no-rear shock?
front shocks?

...350X...
Kick-start
Dual headlamp
rear shock,
front shocs.

I'm no pro with 200x's, but the one's i have seen didn't have a rear shock...they might have come with one later on.

Z400sTyLe
07-06-2003, 05:04 PM
Yeah I am so pumped!!

It is a 200X for sure, I saw another piece of ripped stocker that had the tire pressure info on it and it said model 200X!!!

It has the rear shock, I think I know what the clunking was...and it seemed to saw a little too... The shock is probably shot as anotehr person pointed out, and when I looked close I saw the swing arm bolt on each side was loose!! I picked it up and threw it on a crate and totally stripped it down to the frame tonight.

I am gonna build it from the ground up. I will post pics when I am done. I am gonna talk to Pappy and see how far he lives from me "Lancaster, PA" I know another place that sprays but I hear he is good too. I am gonna do the frame and the swingarm. Maybe the forks and triple clamps as well. I am debating what color to do it in.... I am thinking red or blue for the frame. I am gonna either paint the gas tank or get a plastic one instead. Maybe white or something???

What all can ya do to these things mod wise? I think the wireing is gonna be a real bear trying to put it back together.....:ermm:
I hope the frame is straight... is there any way to tell??? it looks good to me but I am not the authority on frames. No extra welds or cracks as far as I can see either which is good. Should I have gussets placed on it before it gets blasted and powdercoated, it IS old....

Any other tips for a restoration? I am open to suggestions. I am in PA like I said so if anyone has parts that is sorta close, hit me up witha PM or an e-mail koblow79@hotmail.com

Thanks!! Tom...<><

JATV250
07-07-2003, 03:31 PM
i sent you an email to try to help you out. i've had several of these machines. they are pretty cool.

JATV250
07-07-2003, 03:33 PM
Hey freeride132 is that a 185s or 200s with a 200x topend on the 200x frame?