PDA

View Full Version : 350x questions

Pvt. Maggot
07-05-2003, 03:01 PM
If i bought a 400ex big gun full system would it work without mods....why do you have to cut off some of the rear motor mount when you just make a spacer for it can't you measure it to the size of the mount and cut it so it fits perfect? i need info pictures...anything blahh 300 posted the site but it didn't have the much info really...so any help would be great

Pvt. Maggot
07-06-2003, 04:55 AM
bump....pictures?

Giz400ex
07-06-2003, 07:33 AM
The rear motor mount is too wide and you need to shave about 1" off to fit. A friend of mine has done this twice and its a fairly easy process. As for exhaust, I wouldn't get a full system because I'm not sure if the bolts would line-up and your probably better off buying the header pipe from someone that makes it (if ya need the company that makes it, I can get that for ya but they do charge about $300 for just the header). My friend used 2 400ex headers to make a complete 350x header. It looks ok but I'm not sure if its performing like it should, it seems like it does:confused: Pics would take sometime to get

SBC101
07-06-2003, 07:52 AM
Check out this website
http://users.nlamerica.com/dixiebai/atv/html/250x2.html

300exazzkikr
07-06-2003, 10:41 AM
you need to shave off part of the rear mount so that the chain lines up with the rear axle. Then on the other side of the motor (same mount since it's moved over) you need to make a spacer so that it fits between the stock 300 mounts on the frame. I'll try to get some pics of my friends but i don't see him much anymore so it's quite doubtful that i'll see him to snap a few pics. As for the exhaust i don't know and don't remember what we used for his conversion.