PDA

View Full Version : Camaro concept?

Foxyangel0425
07-05-2003, 09:56 AM
http://www.vizualsoft.com/lee/camaroconcept.jpg

Glow Plug
07-05-2003, 10:00 AM
:eek2: looks like gm finally pulled their head's out of the arses and brought the carmo back...... hopefully

but it sort'a looks like a photochop due to the back end looks like a ferriei (sp ? :huh )

nismo
07-05-2003, 10:01 AM
looks cool but its just a concept car so if it is made some parts will be changed

balla250ex
07-05-2003, 10:08 AM
Yes, it looks just like a Ferrari from the back. I am a HUGE F-Body fan (Camaro's and Firebirds for those who dunno).

I would LUV for that to come out... IN a recent Hot Rod mag they said that chevy may be comin out with a chevelle in 05. I believe it was in the mag from about 2 mos ago.

born-to-race
07-05-2003, 10:12 AM
I don't know if I can believe that. :rolleyes:

Hopefully it's true!

nismo
07-05-2003, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by balla250ex
Yes, it looks just like a Ferrari from the back. I am a HUGE F-Body fan (Camaro's and Firebirds for those who dunno).

I would LUV for that to come out... IN a recent Hot Rod mag they said that chevy may be comin out with a chevelle in 05. I believe it was in the mag from about 2 mos ago.
if they made a new chevelle it would be very cool the 1970 chevelle was good enough for me

Honda4trax250x
07-05-2003, 10:44 AM
i hope its true!

Foxyangel0425
07-06-2003, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by balla250ex

I got the site from SVT webpage that we go to from time to time and they even said in their post that they weren't sure if its true or not.....me i am not a big Chevy fan--but i think if that is a "real concept" its pretty cool...though could do with out the wheels. Maybe Chevy is trying it out because Ford came out with the new Mustang to look like the 65.

Did you see the new GTO's? My dad works for chevy and he said they are really sharp. From what he was telling us they have different color dashes to match your interior.

TagRider
07-06-2003, 10:38 AM
I think that looks great! That's the Camaro that GM needed to build instead of the 93+ cars. Go back to it's roots. A smaller bodied 2-door with shorter front and rear overhangs. That's a concept so obviously things will change but I say keep that overall shape. They'd probably go with smaller 16" wheels, it won't be lowered so much and the tail end won't be so tall that way people can see out the back when reversing. I love that grill and hood!

Foxyangel0425
07-06-2003, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by TagRider
I think that looks great! That's the Camaro that GM needed to build instead of the 93+ cars. Go back to it's roots. A smaller bodied 2-door with shorter front and rear overhangs. That's a concept so obviously things will change but I say keep that overall shape. They'd probably go with smaller 16" wheels, it won't be lowered so much and the tail end won't be so tall that way people can see out the back when reversing. I love that grill and hood!

I must agree with you, i like that grill and hood. I like that Chevy and Ford are heading back to the 60's. We need more cars like that on the road. We have a 61 falcon and actually they still make them in england etc.

Tommy 17
07-06-2003, 02:22 PM
personally i like the front but dislike the rear... i also like how gm and ford are goin back to the 60s for their car styles bc latly they have been UGLY!!!!

i do have to disagree on the 1993+ F body designs... i think they are the nicest years out there so far... i can't wait to have my own someday.....

F body cars RULE!!! :uhoh:

Guy400
07-06-2003, 03:04 PM
The 4th Gens were alright. They got it right with the drivetrain but blew it with the chassis. That "trunk" area was totally worthless. They also needed to shave at least 10" off the front nose and at least 6" off the rear. Lighten them by 250-300lbs., shorten the doors and make getting in and out of them a little easier and they'd have a winner. This was my 4th Gen and after it I probably wouldn't own another one.

hondafox440
07-06-2003, 03:54 PM
That concept is pretty sweet. I love the front end. The cab should be a little taller though. And I don't care for the ricer rims, but its a big improvement over the 4th gens..

AndrewRRR
07-06-2003, 06:43 PM
Looks like somebody photoshopped a '67 camaro, a late mustang, and a ferrari together to get that one. Looks like an old Mazda RX3 on steroids. lol
I love F-bodies. I hope they bring them back for a 5th gen.

jcv400ex
07-07-2003, 05:46 AM
If they'd give one the Hugger Orange with white stripes paint scheme, orange leather.....I'd be ALL over it! Love the 67 & 68 F bodies.....only one I could find, it's a 69

Martin Blair
07-07-2003, 09:20 AM
tht camero is finign awsome, they need to make it so it can beat the new ford gt40.

like a 454 wiht muti port fuel injection, since they dont do carbs.

dirtslinger
07-07-2003, 03:40 PM
That Hugger Orange camaro looks like a camaro my dad did except it had a White vinyl top, BADASS! AWESOME! I hope they do bring the Chevelle's back. That's what I have always wanted is a black 70' Chevelle LS6 454 4-on-the-floor.

MATT

hondafox440
07-07-2003, 05:05 PM
The ultimate Camaro.. 69' 427 Yenko.. :eek2:

jcv400ex
07-07-2003, 05:29 PM
I love the Yenko's with the, was was it, Berret Green???? and the white stripe kit....but I'm a sucker for a 67 or a 68 with a simple 327 and a 4 spd. 350 horses is all I'd need! :cool:

hondafox440
07-07-2003, 05:39 PM
I would love a 68 or 69 Z28, preferably a 69 with the DZ302 motor. In Hugger Orange. Or better yet a 69 Yenko in the Lemans Blue..

Guy400
07-07-2003, 11:18 PM
Here's the ultimate Z28--the '69 ZL1. All aluminum 427 with HP numbers nearing 600 from the factory:cool:

MOFO
07-07-2003, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by HN400exracer

like a 454 wiht muti port fuel injection, since they dont do carbs.

The 454 is being phased out as well. Try a 8.1L, 496 cu... :D

Tommy 17
07-08-2003, 05:03 AM
Originally posted by Guy400
Here's the ultimate Z28--the '69 ZL1. All aluminum 427 with HP numbers nearing 600 from the factory:cool:

guy how many of those did they actually produce???? i bet thats really rare and worth over the 150,000$ range:(

Foxyangel0425
07-08-2003, 05:07 AM
Sorry guys and gals, but i am sticking with my FORDS!! The GT40 will kick that camaro's tush any day! :devil:

AndrewRRR
07-09-2003, 02:54 AM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
guy how many of those did they actually produce???? i bet thats really rare and worth over the 150,000$ range:(

They made 69 of them and 69 was the only year of production. They were only in the upper $6K range too when they were new. Buit for Trans-Am racing, I wish I had one!
GM is reproducing the ZL-1 motor as a crate motor now (I work at a GM dealership). Only $20K and you can get your hands on one! lol

Tommy 17
07-09-2003, 03:07 AM
damn thats cheap for that car back then... i'd love to buy that motor haha

my dad only paided like 2700$ for his 1969 camaro z28... i'm pretty sure it had a 350 in it... black with white stripes... man i could kick him for salin that thing back in the mids 80s for only like 6g:o

boonovies
07-09-2003, 12:28 PM
It's not a real concept. I read the new Popular Hotrodding Mag and it has the story. It's a concept designed by a teenager who likes camaros & has a lot of time ( & computer skills) on his hands. The story runs the kid's computer model past some GM exec's & engineers for thier opinion

crazybuffalo
07-09-2003, 02:04 PM
that would be sweet if they would make it.:D

AndrewRRR
07-09-2003, 02:44 PM
damn thats cheap for that car back then... i'd love to buy that motor haha

my dad only paided like 2700$ for his 1969 camaro z28... i'm pretty sure it had a 350 in it... black with white stripes... man i could kick him for salin that thing back in the mids 80s for only like 6g:o

The 69 Z28 came with the DZ302 which was a 327 de-stroked to a 302 (using the crank from a 283). They were extremely high revving badazz motors. They were rated at 290hp (yeah right, try 400+hp) for insurance reasons. We had a nice 69 SS/RS 350 4-speed car (matching #'s) that we built up. We took out the stock motor and tranny and put them in storage and built a 450hp 355 for it, richmond 6 speed, totally reworked suspension for road racing, roll cage, etc etc. We sold it but are looking to build a lighter, faster one. I'll get a pic up when i have time to dl infran view so i can shrink the pic to fit on here.

Foxyangel0425
07-09-2003, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by boonovies
It's not a real concept. I read the new Popular Hotrodding Mag and it has the story. It's a concept designed by a teenager who likes camaros & has a lot of time ( & computer skills) on his hands. The story runs the kid's computer model past some GM exec's & engineers for thier opinion

Well i hope for that kids sake he is going to school and getting a degree so he can actually some day make this concept car. Or if these execs like it maybe they will give him half the money if it sells. I am sure there are tons of you Chevy lovers out there that would love to have a camaro like that.

Tommy 17
07-09-2003, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by AndrewRRR
The 69 Z28 came with the DZ302 which was a 327 de-stroked to a 302 (using the crank from a 283). They were extremely high revving badazz motors. They were rated at 290hp (yeah right, try 400+hp) for insurance reasons. We had a nice 69 SS/RS 350 4-speed car (matching #'s) that we built up. We took out the stock motor and tranny and put them in storage and built a 450hp 355 for it, richmond 6 speed, totally reworked suspension for road racing, roll cage, etc etc. We sold it but are looking to build a lighter, faster one. I'll get a pic up when i have time to dl infran view so i can shrink the pic to fit on here.

damn u know ur **** haha... i gotta learn all that stuff... now that i think about it i'm pretty sure he said 302...

z28 had the raceing stripes right... and the ss/rs had stripes that sorta wrapped around the nose and then went back the side of the car right???? i know something with the headlights was differnt also...

Mitch400EX
07-09-2003, 05:13 PM
That "concept camaro" looks just like the 05 mustang with a camaro grill and headlights. Personally I don't think the 05 mustang looks as good as the current ones. mixing styles from the 60's and now might not be a good idea. The new GTO loosks nothing like the old one. It is exactly the same as the Holden Monaro (Holden is the Australian division of GM). I've been to Australia and seen the Monaro in person, they're pretty sick. 5.7L 350hp V-8, 6 speed, independent suspension at all four corners etc. Looks good too.

AndrewRRR
07-10-2003, 01:23 AM
damn u know ur **** haha... i gotta learn all that stuff... now that i think about it i'm pretty sure he said 302...

z28 had the raceing stripes right... and the ss/rs had stripes that sorta wrapped around the nose and then went back the side of the car right???? i know something with the headlights was differnt also...

Yeah, the Z had the two stripes over the top. They "hockey stick" stripe that went up the front of the fender and then back was on the 69ss and the "bumblee" stripe (up around the nose) were on the 67-68 ss and rs. I think thats right, I don't know as much about the striping, i'd have to ask my dad since he grew up around them. He had a 67 and a 69 back when they were new.

crday98
07-11-2003, 02:19 AM
as an f-body finatic i will give my input.
i have owned
77 t/a
77 camaro
78 camaro
83 t/a
84 t/a
98 firebird
and my current baby 02 t/a ws6
my dad has owned at least 15 f-bodies from 67 to 89 and have to say i prefer my 02 over all of them.don't get me wrong,i'd love to have some of those older cars sitting in my garage as we speak and actually could have a few vs. the cost of my current but my 02 just does it for me(the power,the speed,the comfort and the looks) yeah there are a few flaws in the 4th gens but the positives more than make up for it.i am always getting compliments on it, from little kids to very old men and women.i never had this with any other year f-body but the late 4th gen cars.:dunno:
as for the concept car,i personally don't like it.leave the past in the past and come up with something new.i hate seeing an old front end slapped on a new car just so it is recognized as a sale point.i feel the idea just says "we need something new,ah crap it doesn't look like a camaro,ok,lets scratch that front end off and slap on a 1st gen front end so people know what it is.to each his own but i just don't see the point of having a new/old looking car :dunno:
as for the GTO,i can't say i hate it but am disappointed in GM for not going with the LS1/6 powered V8 idea in the newer impala or monte carlo or they could have brought back the chevelle and have it look like a muscle car while having it live up to its name power wise.the GTO is nice but its lines and style doesn't jump out and grab you any more than the grand prix or the grand am.does it look good?hell yeah.does it look a car that was at one time one pissed off mo foe?nope!i just felt they could have done more with the looks for a car that is pontiac's future muscle car and basically GM's only affordable hot rod compared to the vette.
should i even get on the topic of GM's brilliant idea to cancel the production of the F-body? all i can say taking a car that has been around for 35 years,been liked by all,been a known muscle car from day 1 to its last,known by young and old (even if they know nothing about cars),and brigging that to an end is just plain stupid!!!!i don't know of any other cars other than the vette that has been well known and recognized as the f-body cars.hell they were used in popular TV shows and movies more than any other car IMO ie. knight rider,smokey & the bandit,and quite a few more.
i just hope they come out with something worthwhile if they do decide to bring back the f-body.
GM dropped the ball,now Ford has it and they are running with it.i just hope GM catches up sometime soon
:ermm:

balla250ex
07-11-2003, 05:43 AM
I don't like the way the 93+ looked. There at the end models they looke good. My favorite are the 1st and 3rd gens. They're is nothing sweeter than a black 90 Camaro.

My Firebird is a 1992. Personally, I think that is the best looking firebird there is.

www.musclecarclub.com -- Try this out... A list of pictures and facts from just about all Muscle Cars ever... Even a small list for yall corny import guys.