PDA

View Full Version : Anyone racing WORCS @ Millville MN?

infantry317
07-05-2003, 06:08 AM
I may try it, I know the D23 harescrambles have some issues, the workers can't seem to understand or even read the rules :rolleyes: So I may try something different, besides its only an hour long :D

400exmom
07-05-2003, 06:16 AM
wish i could this poor white girl has to go to a local race, i place 2nd in womens class at the worc series in morrison on june 7th, i would love to go BUT.....sigh.. good luck

quadnice
07-06-2003, 12:22 PM
An hour!!!
Dude that sucks, if they run it that short of time. 1 hour, we are just getting warmed up!!! Hopefully the track conditions will be primetime. The last 3 H.S. quad races have all been MUD fests @ Millville.
I'll be there for sure, rain or shine. I'm sure Rath will be there w/ his entourage.
WORCS in Waukon, Ia. - Aug 2 - Anybody gonna be there???

jgfarmsracer
07-06-2003, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by infantry317
I may try it, I know the D23 harescrambles have some issues, the workers can't seem to understand or even read the rules :rolleyes: So I may try something different, besides its only an hour long :D

what is only an hour? The east series is runnin 2 hours for the atv's

infantry317
07-07-2003, 01:02 AM
From the WORCSracing.com site;

Q: How long is each WORCS race/course?
A: This depends on the class you enter at the event. Unclassified runs approx. 45 minutes. ATVs run approx. 1 hour. Mini riders run approx. 45 minutes. Pee Wees run approx. 30 minutes. Big Bike run approx. 75 minutes, and the Pro Motorcycles run 2 hours. Courses vary in length from 3-10 miles.

That's where I got that idea, please correct me if it is 2hrs.

mbiigambler
07-07-2003, 03:09 AM
I'd plan on the race being 2 hours, like jgfarmsracer said, the Morrison race was 2 hours and I'm pretty sure the other races were 2 hours also.

jgfarmsracers, did you run in Morrison?

400exmom, I didn't know you were at the Morrison race? What did you think of it? I think I remember seeing you get your trophy.

There's a guy (Adam250r) thats on here that will be at the race.

400exmom
07-07-2003, 03:12 AM
yup i was there 2nd place in my class.. how about that pete moss-thought big yello was gonna blow! there is a race at the race barn this sun. r-u- goin im thinkin bout it

mbiigambler
07-07-2003, 06:53 AM
Is it a regular race? I doubt I go, too much other stuff going on. Maybe when the fall hits, I may try and do some races otherwise I just plan on doing the big race in October just for the fun of it.

400exmom
07-07-2003, 08:27 AM
last time i did the october race in morrison it was a 3 hour race. the spring one was 2 hours

mbiigambler
07-07-2003, 09:34 AM
I think its normally 2 hours, I lost a swing arm bolt last year so I didn't finish. It was easier than the Worcs race because there are more opens fields and a lot less whoops.

adam250r
07-07-2003, 09:46 AM
I'll be in MN and IA. Need to get back on track. Local race this weekend will be a good tune-up. What is the track and trails like up there? I am not much of an MXer!! The race will be 2 hours.

jgfarmsracer
07-07-2003, 12:58 PM
From the WORCSracing.com site;

Q: How long is each WORCS race/course?
A: This depends on the class you enter at the event. Unclassified runs approx. 45 minutes. ATVs run approx. 1 hour. Mini riders run approx. 45 minutes. Pee Wees run approx. 30 minutes. Big Bike run approx. 75 minutes, and the Pro Motorcycles run 2 hours. Courses vary in length from 3-10 miles.

That's where I got that idea, please correct me if it is 2hrs.

the west series runs the 45min us east racers are goin for the 2 hours and the east vs. west showdown will be 2 hours

quadnice
07-07-2003, 01:02 PM
Millville is a National track, so there is no practicing on it what so ever, only on race day do we get to ride it. If its dry here, the track is awesome (the whoops are HUGE w/no rhythm for quads). Seems like whenever the quads get to run on the track for H.S. races, it's raining. The woods sections are pretty fast, & not too narrow, but, we'll see what they do to us, as I've heard the WORCS guys like to make it TOUGH on man & machine.

mbiigambler
07-07-2003, 03:59 PM
adam250r - did you get your 250r fixed? I saw your name in the last dirtwheels (I think), first place at the Texas race!

dirtriderex
07-07-2003, 04:18 PM
400exmom, are you going to Morrison? I don't think I will, I wanna go do some mx riding. Mbiigambler i'll be at the october race, If you ever go riding pm me.

400exmom
07-07-2003, 11:46 PM
hey! im goin play riding this weekend, hmmm somewhere differant am burned out on all the spots i go to- hmmmm feel like doin some jumpin and work on my show off technique- he he :devil: although i really need to practice tree dodging:D

quadnice
07-20-2003, 04:24 AM
Took home 7th pro class -woohoo!!!
Holeshot - I took 2nd to last, out of 16, that sucked!!!!
Fun race, just wish I could get rid of my bad start plague this season!!!
Oh well, maybe next time in Iowa -Aug 2-

infantry317
07-20-2003, 06:41 AM
Hey Quadnice, where you the guy with #32 and wearing a pony-tail? I wanted to ask, but didn't want to come off as a dumbazz if it wasn't you. That heat kicked my butt, I dropped out at the end of lap four. My stomach was cramping hard and I was getting lapped bad. I gotta drop some pounds man. The motocross section was great I hit all the jumps, but the woods were so hot. I've got a few pics I'll post later. Greg bent a tie rod on the first lap on his YFZ. Daryl did well, won the old man class.;)

quadnice
07-20-2003, 05:44 PM
That would be me! The long haired quad freak. What class did Greg run? I know I saw his YFZ w/ the Rath bumper.
I thought I saw a few guys Pukeing on the sidelines. It was - HOT - I ran out of water after 1 hour, which also sucked!
Daryl Rath - that guy is a MACHINE!!! He passed my slow arse, even with the 2 minutes I started ahead of him. I hung on his tail for a few minutes, but @ the hour & 40 minute mark, I could hardly hold onto the quad in those woods. Millville is awesome to mx at, I just wish they had more quad races there.
We went out to Danbury today & rode with a guy on a YFZ. HOLY CRAP ARE THOSE FAST!!!!! I have one of the fastest Z's around here in MN (never beaten yet in drags) & the bone stock YFZ tied me every race, every scenario. I know what I'm getting in Sept., if Honda doesn't come up with something.

infantry317
07-21-2003, 01:33 AM
Greg ran B being he wasn't used to his machine yet. It was funny, Daryl signed up for pro then asked Greg if he was running pro or A? Greg said B and Daryl says I'll be right back, he signed up for old man. :D He still kicked butt. Congrats on your 7th place!
Scott

jgfarmsracer
07-21-2003, 05:01 AM
Originally posted by quadnice
That would be me! The long haired quad freak. What class did Greg run? I know I saw his YFZ w/ the Rath bumper.
I thought I saw a few guys Pukeing on the sidelines. It was - HOT - I ran out of water after 1 hour, which also sucked!
Daryl Rath - that guy is a MACHINE!!! He passed my slow arse, even with the 2 minutes I started ahead of him. I hung on his tail for a few minutes, but @ the hour & 40 minute mark, I could hardly hold onto the quad in those woods. Millville is awesome to mx at, I just wish they had more quad races there.
We went out to Danbury today & rode with a guy on a YFZ. HOLY CRAP ARE THOSE FAST!!!!! I have one of the fastest Z's around here in MN (never beaten yet in drags) & the bone stock YFZ tied me every race, every scenario. I know what I'm getting in Sept., if Honda doesn't come up with something.

the honda's are commin just hold on !!!!!!!!!!!!

infantry317
07-21-2003, 05:23 AM
JG, were you there? I saw a dude on a sweet EX that looked like yours pull up behind a black trailer behind Greg and Daryl's before the race . The quad had the quick-fill tank, sweet pit-stop during the race.

adam250r
07-21-2003, 06:07 AM
hey gudde, empty your mailbox so i can send you some pics from the race.

jgfarmsracer
07-21-2003, 03:56 PM
JG, were you there? I saw a dude on a sweet EX that looked like yours pull up behind a black trailer behind Greg and Daryl's before the race . The quad had the quick-fill tank, sweet pit-stop during the race.

ya the that was me

jgfarmsracer
07-21-2003, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by adam250r
hey gudde, empty your mailbox so i can send you some pics from the race.

ok man it's clean

Ari got some good ones of me and casey

jgfarmsracer
07-21-2003, 04:00 PM

got a few good pic's of me and rath goin up the hill jumps

infantry317
07-22-2003, 01:31 AM
You'll have to post em once we can put pics up again. I guess I wasn't the only one to get sick, Greg said Daryl got pretty sick on the way home, of course he kicked ***, I didn't :D

Are the results posted anywhere yet? I guess Daryl got 6th overall even though he started 2min back.

jgfarmsracer
07-22-2003, 07:16 AM
worcsracing.com / but they can be a little slow

WOOLIN
07-23-2003, 12:47 AM
DOES THE WORCS SERIES HAVE GOOD PAY OUT FOR CONTINGENCIES?:confused:

jgfarmsracer
07-24-2003, 01:21 PM
millville