PDA

View Full Version : Roll vs Laegers

4TraxRider
07-05-2003, 05:40 AM
I have beenwondering what makes the Roll swingarms and a arms so much more than other brands like laegers or LSR. I want to get alll of the best stuff for my new Z, but I don't want to waste money. I know Roll has a great product, but is it really worth the extra 400 for a swingarm? What makes them that much more, do they make it sit lower or anything? How are the Laegers longtravel Arms, i've been looking at them a lot lately. Thanks.

07-05-2003, 05:46 AM
Roll Design just makes some strong and great looking stuff. I would rather have a laeger T-pin front end rather than a lobo. But i dont see paying more for the swinger. All swingers are alike in most cases.

4TraxRider
07-05-2003, 06:12 AM
That's pretty much what I was thinking, I see that the roll swingarm isn't straight, it curves a little. Does that make it sit lower or anyhting? The laegers, LSR, american star, none of them have that bend.

mx400
07-05-2003, 06:31 AM
the roll swingarm and a-arms are worth it imo. i know that the lobo front end combined with some tcs, axis, or pep shocks cant be beat. the roll swingarm takes the same principles of the roll lobo front end.

07-05-2003, 07:04 AM
Roll Design makes some great suff no doubt about that...Leager is also top of the line quality products....i would rather have a Leager front and rear end and save a few hundred dollars so i have more money to put topwards the suspension, then pay a few hundred dollars more and ahve to save for a few more weeks to get soemthing that i wouldnt be able to tell a diference in

P.S a bird just hit my window:huh

Sparks425Ex
07-05-2003, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by mx400
i know that the lobo front end combined with some tcs, axis, or pep shocks cant be beat.

I hate to Let ya know but you heard wrong. The Lobo II front end is a nice set up but does not compare to the T pin Front End.

I an also geussing you have not had a chance to ride on either or all of these set ups.

I have ridden on a Roll Lobo II and a Laegers T Pin.

And by far the T Pin demolishes the Lobo. Bump steer is not even heard of on the T Pin.

Please do no give reviews on parts that you yourself have not even ridden on. You are just talking out your @$$ if you speak other wise... Just cause ya read somthing good bout somthing don't make it good. For example, People somtimes(Very Seldom) Speek good of LSR. I wouldn't run their Frames, Swing Arms or A arms if somone gave them to me... I have tried them and they are junk and over priced...

4TraxRider
07-05-2003, 03:27 PM
What exactly is the t-pin setup?

OutlawEX
07-05-2003, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by 4TraxRider

Its a different style of ball joint. Well its not a ball joint exactly they use something like what JRD uses. Which isnt a rubber boot ball joint set up. Check out www.jrdmech.com

Black400
07-05-2003, 04:18 PM
the top jrd a-arm looks like asrs a-arms. the ball joints that is. Does jrd use hiem style ball joints on the upper a-arms?

AFTERMARKET
07-06-2003, 01:07 PM

Go Look here

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&postid=668347#post668347

bongwater200
07-06-2003, 01:48 PM
I have beenwondering what makes the Roll swingarms and a arms so much more than other brands like laegers or LSR............

What makes them cost more is just the fact that people will PAY more! If enough people offered Roll $2500 for a swingarm, that's what he'd sell them for! He's not stupid!

Honestly, you're just paying for the name. Roll has first class products, but the whole reason they cost THAT much is just because that's what the market will support!

mx400
07-06-2003, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by Sparks425Ex
I hate to Let ya know but you heard wrong. The Lobo II front end is a nice set up but does not compare to the T pin Front End.

I an also geussing you have not had a chance to ride on either or all of these set ups.

I have ridden on a Roll Lobo II and a Laegers T Pin.

And by far the T Pin demolishes the Lobo. Bump steer is not even heard of on the T Pin.

Please do no give reviews on parts that you yourself have not even ridden on. You are just talking out your @$$ if you speak other wise... Just cause ya read somthing good bout somthing don't make it good. For example, People somtimes(Very Seldom) Speek good of LSR. I wouldn't run their Frames, Swing Arms or A arms if somone gave them to me... I have tried them and they are junk and over priced...

i have ridden on the lobo II front end. sorry for seeming to talk out of my *** i had only read reviews. actaully only 2 reviews. neither guy liked the t-pin over their lobo IIs

trx400ex
07-06-2003, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by mx400
i have ridden on the lobo II front end. sorry for seeming to talk out of my *** i had only read reviews. actaully only 2 reviews. neither guy liked the t-pin over their lobo IIs I have ridden on a lobo and a t pin, with the same shocks, i like the lobo a little better, but if you think a t pin is THAT much better than a lobo or vice cerca then your nuts..this isnt directed at you mx400

mx400
07-06-2003, 04:16 PM
hey sorry to get a little off topic but where are you from trx400ex? maybe i have seen you somewhere.

Dave400ex
07-10-2003, 04:44 PM
Don't forget about the Walsh front end. I think it is just like the Lobo. :confused:

jgfarmsracer
07-10-2003, 05:08 PM
That's pretty much what I was thinking, I see that the roll swingarm isn't straight, it curves a little. Does that make it sit lower or anyhting? The laegers, LSR, american star, none of them have that bend.

roll swing arms do drop the rear about 2 inches

jgfarmsracer
07-10-2003, 05:18 PM
I've rode and worked on both T-pin and the roll II Roll has it beat no ?????????'s asked in two to three races you are replaceing the T-Pin Parts plus with the roll it drops the front end down an extra inch with the xc setup

Dave400ex
07-10-2003, 05:30 PM
That is one awesome XC 400. I wish mine had all those parts and looked like that. What Motor Mods and Pipe do you run?

jgfarmsracer
07-10-2003, 05:37 PM
CURTIS SPARKS

4TraxRider
07-11-2003, 09:12 AM
Thanks guys, look lie I'm payin for he roll's now.:grr: :blah:

trx400ex
07-11-2003, 09:52 AM
Thanks guys, look lie I'm payin for he roll's now.:grr: :blah:
are you looking for an xc or mx roll front end?

crap-banshee32
07-11-2003, 10:44 AM
i like thw looks of the roll alot better!!

wouldnt mind having laeger t-pin eather, there both great setups!!

F0URZER0ZER0
07-11-2003, 12:44 PM
i like roll better but....

iv riddin dunks cdale with tpin...and i must say i do like it so its a toughy

4TraxRider
07-12-2003, 05:28 PM
I'm getting the MX setup from Roll. Probably ordering in the next two or three days. Just finished breaking the Z in, and am getting Roll unless somone here can change my mind.

Yee-Haw_400EX
07-12-2003, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by Sparks425Ex

Lone Star Racing is one of your sponsors. QUIT TALKING OUT OF YOUR ***!

:D :D :D :D :D

07-13-2003, 01:16 AM
whats so special about the roll lobo set up? I can see that the laeger has the no bind things but what does roll have thats so good?

Sparks425Ex
07-13-2003, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by Yee-Haw_400EX

I know LSR is one od my sponsors. What does that have to do with anything?

I just cant stand when ignorant people come in here and give reviews and talk bad or good about parts they have never had themselves.

Most people bash LSR because they hear other people doing it not because they hav had problems with them.

And yeah I refuse to Run their a arms swingers and frames but ever since their new chit came out I am rethinkin it and might hop back over to LSR components for next season.

LSR isn't as bad as everyone talks. Most people are just TALKIN OUT THEIR ***:D :D :D :D

07-13-2003, 03:11 AM
Originally posted by Yee-Haw_400EX

Yee-Haw_400EX
07-13-2003, 06:31 AM
nacsracer27,

Too bad I'm not a newbie. Too bad that I've been a member since before you have. Go check out the member's list and search for Yee-Haw_400EX_Racer...yeah that's me.

4TraxRider
07-13-2003, 08:15 AM
Looks like the Z is going to have to be done earlier than I thought. Rolled my EX today at the races, snapped my shocks in half, swingarm in half, axle, and arms, all LSR stuff, but I don't blame them, it was a bad crash. I might be parting it out, but I don't know yet. How long does it take for an AC to heal, i hyperextended it and th doc said at least 2 months, is he exagerating or what?

trx400ex
07-13-2003, 01:45 PM
Get the roll, ive went through alot of LSR stuff......stay away from them

jgfarmsracer
07-13-2003, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by QuadMX18
whats so special about the roll lobo set up? I can see that the laeger has the no bind things but what does roll have thats so good?

the roll lobo has a better bumpsteer than the leager t-pin

jamiesel
07-13-2003, 09:44 PM
I have not riden the roll but I have a tpin on my r and have to say it is the best set up I have ever riden. I havea lsr set up as well.

I really like the tpin spindle. I did not notice any bump steer at all.